First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All indications are these tires kick ass. It remains to be seen how well they hold up to airing down. I wish they made them in a 37.
So, to answer a long-unanswered question - do the Goodyears have a snowflake rating stamp on them?
Sponsored

JML

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI/LandRover/Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Classic PNW ride, looking great with the Bronco. Thanks for the video and brake test towards the end, sounds it was a bit iffy braking??

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, to answer a long-unanswered question - do the Goodyears have a snowflake rating stamp on them?
No snow flake, just M+S.

It's worth noting that a true snowflake rated tire probably wouldn't make a great deep snow tire, like wise, a M+S tire isn't going to be the best at 60mph on compact ice and snow, especially at 39psi!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Classic PNW ride, looking great with the Bronco. Thanks for the video and brake test towards the end, sounds it was a bit iffy braking??
I'm not a fan of antilock brakes in the snow. I've had some close calls in other vehicles due to antilock brakes. Prior to the testing I was doing, I was rolling along at a pretty good clip and had quite looooong stop due to the antilock brakes. So I took a minute to familiarize myself with how it behaves. I'll be doing more focused testing on that in the future.

Last edited:

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No snow flake, just M+S.

It's worth noting that a true snowflake rated tire probably wouldn't make a great deep snow tire, like wise, a M+S tire isn't going to be the best at 60mph on compact ice and snow, especially at 39psi!
True dat, though fresh KO2s do a good job on both snow and ice. Driving all winter to Fernie for the past 22 years, I’ve used a lot of M+S and winters and I know which M+S tires are hopeless, which are not bad, and which ones I would use confidently.

The winter/tire package I got when I bought my 2019 F150 were the first winters I’ve ever run on a 4WD pickup. It is obvious how much better they are once you use them, but I have safely travelled through some seriously crap conditions in all snow conditions with Bridgestone REVOs and BFG KO2s with the pickups. I feared for my life with the Pirelli Scorpions on ice. They weren’t much better in the snow either.

I’m not sure yet how the KO2s will work this winter on the 33s with the BL, but I suspect they will be pretty good. Good tires are a must where I go in the winter, like you.

Thanks for the input!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm not a fan of antilock brakes in the snow. I've had some close calls in other vehicles due to antilock brakes. Prior to the testing I was doing, I was rolling along at a pretty good clip and had quite looooong stop due to the antilock brakes. So I took a minute to familiarize myself with how it behaves. I'll be doing more focused testing on that in the future.
(y) My ABS’s have been out for years on the ‘ol Escape. The kids at the local Ford dealer always remind me in the fall that I need to get those fixed so I can drive it in the winter! I give ‘m a grin and tell them I’ll do fine without them!

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
She's pretty, making me rethink my choice of Eruption Green, I'm loving the CO on the your 2 door Squatch. I'm also thinking about Shadow Black and a wrap in a vintage color. Thoughts?

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love my territories on snow. I put her in 4A and away I went when I hit a snow storm in Vail going to Moab last week. Damn awesome tire.
They do get gravel stuck and fling a little. Nothing terrible though.
I’m so excited for snow this year!!

5D2D3095-AA1B-4449-8BEE-DEEC9833DFF1.jpeg

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What motor and transmission is in there tromping thru the snow ?