Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same thing, look closely in the bottom right corner and it says this is not an invoice. I can't understand how dealerships justify adding on ADM when all they did was basically broker the deal that you already chose. It's total garbage, but I doubt you have an actual contract. Did you put money down or are you talking about the original $100 reservation fee?
I put down a $1000 deposit. Agree that the 'not an invoice' language is detracting but I'm at the point where I'll let a judge decide it. And the dealership will have to defend it.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put down a $1000 deposit. Agree that the 'not an invoice' language is detracting but I'm at the point where I'll let a judge decide it. And the dealership will have to defend it.
Oh trust me I'm totally on your side. I've owned 50 plus vehicles in my lifetime, but I have never purchased a new vehicle. This whole process was super unclear and made it absolutely no sense. I looked at it from my perspective as giving the dealership some easy money and free business, but mine also tried to charge an ADM. It's crazy that Ford allows us to happen.

Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, you signing a sheet with MSRP on it doesn’t really mean anything. MSRP is just a suggested price, it really means nothing. Unless you have something from the dealer with an agreed price I don’t see how a court would be on your side.

OP
OP

Smeagolsaur

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, you signing a sheet with MSRP on it doesn’t really mean anything. MSRP is just a suggested price, it really means nothing. Unless you have something from the dealer with an agreed price I don’t see how a court would be on your side.
It will depend on if the judge views this as a legally valid contract. Certainly, in my view, there is an offer and acceptance, otherwise why would the dealership ask me to sign it and send it back to them?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the emails from Ford can be used as evidence.

They clearly say your name and that YOUR BRONCO is scheduled, built, and shipped.

They ought to have said, "Hey Tyrobronco! A Bronco you might be interested in was built and shipped to DEALERSHIP! We'll let you know when it arrives in case you might be interested in getting it!"

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget consideration, not just signature and acceptance.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, flex some legal muscle and see if they back off. How did you leave it with them on the way out?

Hopefully it isn't sold to someone else tonight or next couple of days while you figure out your moves

Sponsored
OP
OP

Smeagolsaur

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, flex some legal muscle and see if they back off. How did you leave it with them on the way out?

Hopefully it isn't sold to someone else tonight or next couple of days while you figure out your moves
They caved a bit and dropped the ADM to $5000 at which point I said I wouldn't pay a cent over our agreed upon price. I made sure they gave me a print out of their counteroffer w/ the $10,000 ADM which will be helpful to show they repudiated our deal.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do what Rip would do
This. This ain’t no buckle bunny rodeo, this dealer picked a fight with a Yellowstone, err… Bronco6G branded member and they should take a second to strongly reconsider.

train station is waiting….

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some dealers are real scum. I feel terrible for you. After all this time, and they pull this garbage, I probably would've gone off on multiple people, mainly the GM. Then there are Dealers like mine, who actually told me I should think about selling mine for a profit, while I was signing the final paperwork! Hell no! I waited 18 long , uncertain months, this steed is staying in my stable.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately that order summary page doesn't make any agreements in regards to price... it's literally just an order summary that, when signed, is confirmation the order was input into Ford's ordering system correctly.

In short.... MSRP != Final Sales Price.

I doubt that signing a piece of paper with the MSRP listed is legally enough to protect you. Hopefully they'll cave anyway just to avoid the hassle though. It's worked before, may work again.

Best of luck.

---

My dealer also had me sign the order summary page to confirm the order was submitted correctly. And when when we agreed upon a price we signed a purchase agreement that stipulates the purchase price I agree to pay when it eventually arrives.
Sponsored