First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
3.6k , and with any luck I will have 4k by tomorrow am during my 38 days of ownership.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's an example of another automaker who failed to act on recalls in a timely manner. And this example only involved 120 failures; Bronco 2.7 is well on its way:
Ford Bronco Bronco 2.7 blown engine 1640620083002

Summary: In 2017, the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) opened two Recall Queries (RQ17-003 and 004) following multiple recall actions initiated by Hyundai and Kia for “Theta II” engine-equipped vehicles. The RQs were opened to investigate both the timeliness and scope of the recalls as well as the compliance of each company to meet their reporting requirements established under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Numerous violations of the requirements were found for both companies, and in on November 20, 2020, both companies entered into Consent Orders with NHTSA to resolve NHTSA’s assertions of violations of law. Both Consent Orders remain in effect. In 2018, the Center for Automotive Safety (CAS) petitioned the Agency under Defect Petition (DP) 18-003 to investigate non-crash fires on various Hyundai and Kia models, citing 120 VOQs alleging vehicle fires at varying points of origin and occurring under various non-crash related circumstances (including key-off fires). In opening DP18-003, ODI noted that many of the 120 fire incidents appeared to originate in the engine compartment area and made reference to the two open RQ investigations as likely pertinent. ODI issued information request (IR) letters to Hyundai and Kia and several peer OEMs in its efforts to properly evaluate and disposition CAS’ petition.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t understand why some get so defensive over trying to find out if there is a real issue or not. It benefits EVERYONE to find out and no one (except ford fanboys) to not know for sure. I have heard/read about 15+ motors blowing in this forum and other forums on various sites. This forum is a small sample size and has between 15-20 reports of engine failure. That could be somewhat significant unless it’s not happening in the general population at all. We just don’t know. A ford employee chimed in on a Facebook group recently saying it was confined to a bad batch of valves and it’s been resolved going forward. Hopefully that’s true and only a small range of motors are affected. But it sure doesn’t hurt anyone to know.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t understand why some get so defensive over trying to find out if there is a real issue or not. It benefits EVERYONE to find out and no one (except ford fanboys) to not know for sure. I have heard/read about 15+ motors blowing in this forum and other forums on various sites. This forum is a small sample size and has between 15-20 reports of engine failure. That could be somewhat significant unless it’s not happening in the general population at all. We just don’t know. A ford employee chimed in on a Facebook group recently saying it was confined to a bad batch of valves and it’s been resolved going forward. Hopefully that’s true and only a small range of motors are affected. But it sure doesn’t hurt anyone to know.
The problem is we don't have good info, and we won't learn anything if we don't track the failures for real.
I haven't seen 15-20 failures here, maybe you've seen the same ones over and over again?
And hearsay on a bad batch of valves doesn't help either.
We know the failed builds span 4 months, so how would one batch of valves cause that?

Bronco615

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Sonic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dec 23rd started off with a wonderful, wet morning in Hollister Hills OHV park, but on the way home, it turned ugly quick. Came to a stop at a light, the engine abruptly quit, which is odd since I had engaged the off button for the auto stop/start for the engine. I tried to restart the engine and it sound like only two cylinders were getting spark. shut it all off, tried to restart, nothing. So I was towed to our local Ford dealership. a few hours went by then I got the call. It sucked in a valve and destroyed a piston. The dealer took pictures and is asking Ford for authorization to replace the engine. I had a whopping 2,024 miles on it when this happened in stop and go traffic. Heartbroken to say the least.

Found on road dead is still healthy and alive I see.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[/QUOTE]
The problem is we don't have good info, and we won't learn anything if we don't track the failures for real.
I haven't seen 15-20 failures here, maybe you've seen the same ones over and over again?
And hearsay on a bad batch of valves doesn't help either.
We know the failed builds span 4 months, so how would one batch of valves cause that?
Yeah, the “15-20” is just made up. We had a tracking thread which that OP abandoned. It had 5. Here’s another….so maybe 6 distinct ones reported on here.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's more than 6, and it's not that the thread was abandoned, but that simply not enough data exists to make a meaningful contribution or impact at this point. Ford tells dealerships to pull the entire engine and don't open it up... It is not allowing much forensic data to escape. It makes me want to just run a data logger, but that won't matter much if my engine doesn't fail.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the “15-20” is just made up. We had a tracking thread which that OP abandoned. It had 5. Here’s another….so maybe 6 distinct ones reported on here.
[/QUOTE]
There were several who did not contribute. They were not the same. A few were new members who probably disappeared after being attacked by the conglomerate of fanboys on here who can’t stand the idea there MAY be anything wrong with their ford brand.

Again, when it’s someone else’s it’s “thats what warranties are for” or “happens to every brand”, etc. I bet if it happened to any of them it would be time to blow shit up. I have no idea why anyone loves a company so much while whining incessantly about not getting their broncos on 400 days or whatever count they’re keeping up with. Again- it may or may not be an issue- but we don’t know either way. But for some reason the “it’s not a problem” crowd believes what they say goes.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going back and forth with a tech on the message boards he indicated the one in their shop has the whole valve in the cylinder. This goes back to my argument that if the valve is intact, even being bent into a pretzel, the failure more likely happened upstream like a broken spring, keeper, follower problem instead of valve head separation. Since we don't have pics of multiple failures, it's only speculation.

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have an estimated delivery date of Jan. 5th of a BD SAS with a 2.7.
I'm getting an extended warranty, and plan on being part of the non-paid R&D and quality control team. I'm buying my bronco to boldly go where no man,(or woman), has gone before in a stock 2021 vehicle. My beadlock rings, 35" Falken MTs, and winch are waiting. I'm not going to baby my Bronco at all. I'm staying with stock size tires to keep steering geometry and drive train as designed. I've had good luck with Fords. We'll see if these are built Ford tough or not?

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can someone tell me my engine build date and if I should be worried picked truck up 2 weeks ago has 130 miles on it

@Bronco21fan, don't worry about, take a chill pill, if it is going to happen is going to happen; there's not a Damm thing you can do to prevent it and when n if happens, then back to the dealer, why is everyone sweating bullets....
Sponsored