Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting, your lack of luck with engines. What brand and model were your last two with the blown engines? Were they within the first year of ownership?

How do you typically drive, slow/moderate and steady or jackrabbit starts and take it to the limit, between stoplights at least.
No correlation other than the way I drive, they were both running oversize tires, and they had 75K or more miles on them. The first was a 2011 JK with the 3.8L trash engine and 35's, the second was a 2006 taco with the 4.0L and 37's.
To be fair, about 80% of the miles I put on them was high speed desert running, the other 20% were highway miles, full send either way. I'm actually not thrashing the bronco in the desert like the last two, so I'm going to be a little disappointed if it blows anyway and I didn't get my money's worth lol
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be fair, about 80% of the miles I put on them was high speed desert running, the other 20% were highway miles, full send either way.
Let me be the wimpy barometer. Stock non-squatch. Only 2,000 tame miles...not even any interstate or offroad. Oil change ~1,100 miles.

So far no squeaks, leaks (its garaged) and no explosions.

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is not a significant number of failures despite it being an incomplete list.

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this good or bad?
C7DAE620-4EFA-4CE5-AA43-2E639283ECD3.jpeg
Brian,
21324 in the middle of your label means the year is 20"21" and your engine was built on the "324"th day. Rather than do the math, just google 324th day of 2021 and you will get November 20th. Currently the known "Valve Droppers" ( courtesy of first Red Dawg, then North7, funny and sad) dates are not past August. Anytime you see an engine failure posted going forward, just put in the build date and you will know. If engines were being built today Saturday Jan 15th ,2022 the number would be 22015 .
Regards,
George

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Brian,
21324 in the middle of your label means the year is 20"21" and your engine was built on the "324"th day. Rather than do the math, just google 324th day of 2021 and you will get November 20th. Currently the known "Valve Droppers" ( courtesy of first Red Dawg, then North7, funny and sad) dates are not past August. Anytime you see an engine failure posted going forward, just put in the build date and you will know. If engines were being built today Saturday Jan 15th ,2022 the number would be 22015 .
Regards,
George
word.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of us had our Broncos get caught up in extended QC checks. Mine was build 189 out of about 1800 Broncos/Rangers being built that week. While mine went into production on the first day of the week it wasn't released for over a week while many B6G members had theirs started late in the build week and released almost immediately.

I'm starting to wonder if some of our Broncos grenaded during QC and they had to get replacement 2.7s immediately.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some of us had our Broncos get caught up in extended QC checks. Mine was build 189 out of about 1800 Broncos/Rangers being built that week. While mine went into production on the first day of the week it wasn't released for over a week while many B6G members had theirs started late in the build week and released almost immediately.

I'm starting to wonder if some of our Broncos grenaded during QC and they had to get replacement 2.7s immediately.
Probably not. Unless you have a 6006 engine code vs 6007.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this happens to us, should we be concerned about having them replace more than just the engine? How can we rest easy knowing that metal pieces didn’t make their way into other parts of the vehicle that will cause damage later?

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not a significant number of failures despite it being an incomplete list.
If this isn’t an issue and is just “normal” manufacturing error then why don’t we have a similar list for the 2.3L?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If this happens to us, should we be concerned about having them replace more than just the engine? How can we rest easy knowing that metal pieces didn’t make their way into other parts of the vehicle that will cause damage later?
What other parts of the vehicle would an engine failure possibly damage?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
scroll up. Most service depts are replacing oil cooler and turbos as well...this adds delay to the parts order of course. Standard procedure in these types of failures

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it possible to get @Ford Motor Company to extend the warranty period by the duration of the time it takes to swap the motors? If this thing sits for 3 months that could be considered a significant amount of warranty duration. I ended up paying for the extended warranty and now it seems like a little reimbursement might be in order.
Sponsored