PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Painted Hard Top/Molded in Color Hard Top. Both are hard tops just different types
No shit. Ford's definitions, widely used here, not mine. Thanks captain obvious for pointing that out...
Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been a silent reader here trying to puzzle pieces to have an estimate on my bronco delivery. Today I received a call from my dealer with bad news. I was told that I would have to drop something like 6 out of the 7 options I added on my outer banks:
2.7 L
Tow hitch
Sasquatch
Hard Top
and so on....
Which I know will delay the process. However, I was informed this time it will most probably hit 2023 due to supply chain issues. I appreciate the honesty of my dealership. I'm just curious. Anyone else receiving these calls lately?
Just drop the tow. Pick up a hitch for 99$ done. Unless you have to have that extra electronic stuff that it comes with.

RVABronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a pretty late reservation actually: 10/27/2020
However, the dealer told me that I was 5th in line for the 2022 models and didn't have to change to a soft top to fasten things up.
Iā€™m 5th in line at my dealership with a 7/14/2020 reservation
I'm a pretty late reservation actually: 10/27/2020
However, the dealer told me that I was 5th in line for the 2022 models and didn't have to change to a soft top to fasten things up.
Iā€™m a 7/14/2020 reservation for the exact same car. Dealer said I am #4 but does ia obviously skipping based upon constraints. I dropped tow but not willing to drop MIC. If they tell me 2023 I may lose my sh*t.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hard top is automatically a '23, unless you count the MIC top as a hard top. Tow seems to be the only constant that has remained consistent...
Whats the diff between a hardtop and the MIC ??

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No shit. Ford's definitions, widely used here, not mine. Thanks captain obvious for pointing that out...
Fordā€™s definitions havenā€™t changed. Why wouldnā€™t the MIC not be considered a hard top?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fordā€™s definitions havenā€™t changed. Why wouldnā€™t the MIC not be considered a hard top?
Ask them, that's how they put it out there on B & P... Trying to make thing clearer for the newer posters, you know, contributing to the board...

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am guessing at less half the people who put in a reservation in 2020 well get pushed to 2023 because Ford well use the chips they do get for simple builds .I got a 8/23/20 reservation and I am starting to think 2024 now

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford will be building Bronco's throughout the year with all of those options.

The pickle the dealer has put you in is that they have probably consumed through much of their 2022 allocation ordering the dreaded Big Bend 2.3 Auto Softie. What they didn't tell you was that because they have done that it jumped orders in front of yours. Consequently, you have moved towards the back of their allocation line with the Bronco you want.
Iā€™m pretty sure allocation is monthly. A simple build should only ā€œJumpā€ the line if the dealer doesnā€™t have any other buildable units that month. I do not believe a dealership can use up their entire allocation early.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m pretty sure allocation is monthly. A simple build should only ā€œJumpā€ the line if the dealer doesnā€™t have any other buildable units that month. I do not believe a dealership can use up their entire allocation early.
I agree they wouldnā€™t have their allocation for the year.

However, If the dealer is expecting about 4 Broncos per month and they have orders for 50 Broncos that have minimal constraints then odds are those 50 may be built before a Bronco with more constraints. It doesnā€™t mean that more complex Bronco wonā€™t get scheduled, just less likely.

Sponsored

rfawbush

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru STI/1979 Ford Courier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m a 10/20/2020 reservation. Built a Base 4 door with 2.7 Sasquatch. Had the MIC top originally, got pushed to ā€˜22. The day after I switched to a soft top, I got a build date. Iā€™m picking it up tomorrow, 2/05/2022.

BroncoOKV

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been a silent reader here trying to puzzle pieces to have an estimate on my bronco delivery. Today I received a call from my dealer with bad news. I was told that I would have to drop something like 6 out of the 7 options I added on my outer banks:
2.7 L
Tow hitch
Sasquatch
Hard Top
and so on....
Which I know will delay the process. However, I was informed this time it will most probably hit 2023 due to supply chain issues. I appreciate the honesty of my dealership. I'm just curious. Anyone else receiving these calls lately?
Definitely dealer allocation will play the biggest role but also ford just picks at random I feel. i ordered oct 12/21 everything you have ordered except Sasquatch. At that point the dealer had I think 12 reservations and 1 new order ahead of me. I got the email on nov 19th that I had a build week of Jan 31. My salesperson was shocked I got picked up so quickly and ahead of the reservations and so was I.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree they wouldnā€™t have their allocation for the year.

However, If the dealer is expecting about 4 Broncos per month and they have orders for 50 Broncos that have minimal constraints then odds are those 50 may be built before a Bronco with more constraints. It doesnā€™t mean that more complex Bronco wonā€™t get scheduled, just less likely.
I hear you that more minimal constraint broncos would be built, but I donā€™t think any more constrained reservations would get processed if they didnā€™t fill their allocation with big bends.

A simplified example of my understanding:
ā€¢ dealer has 120 allocations for the year and 60 sas badland reservations.
ā€¢ dealers monthly allocations is 10
ā€¢ sas badlands are constrained so this dealer is limited to say 2 sas badlands

With no extra simple builds, I believe the dealer losses their 8 unfilled slots for the month. They do not get any more sas badlands filled.

If my understanding is correct, the easy builds to fill arenā€™t hurting reservation holders; at least not planned to unless something unexpected happens like a big batch of microchips are found to be defective and the plant stops for 2 weeks. If ford hadnā€™t used prior chips on those simple builds, theyā€™d still have them. And they would have also wasted capacity and money.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear you that more minimal constraint broncos would be built, but I donā€™t think any more constrained reservations would get processed if they didnā€™t fill their allocation with big bends.

A simplified example of my understanding:
ā€¢ dealer has 120 allocations for the year and 60 sas badland reservations.
ā€¢ dealers monthly allocations is 10
ā€¢ sas badlands are constrained so this dealer is limited to say 2 sas badlands

With no extra simple builds, I believe the dealer losses their 8 unfilled slots for the month. They do not get any more sas badlands filled.

If my understanding is correct, the easy builds to fill arenā€™t hurting reservation holders; at least not planned to unless something unexpected happens like a big batch of microchips are found to be defective and the plant stops for 2 weeks. If ford hadnā€™t used prior chips on those simple builds, theyā€™d still have them. And they would have also wasted capacity and money.
I agree 100% with your example. If Ford can only build 2 Badlands a month for the hypothetical dealer then only 24 of the 60 Badlands get built.
However, I donā€™t think any dealer would get themselves into a position to lose out on allocation. So I would expect that dealer to make sure they have builable orders in the system. The problem is that in some months if those new orders jump ahead of the Badlands orders then at the end of the year fewer than the potential 24 Badlands get built.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m 5th in line at my dealership with a 7/14/2020 reservation

Iā€™m a 7/14/2020 reservation for the exact same car. Dealer said I am #4 but does ia obviously skipping based upon constraints. I dropped tow but not willing to drop MIC. If they tell me 2023 I may lose my sh*t.
If ford canā€™t build it the dealer canā€™t sell it and therefore canā€™t make money. Down the list you go. You want MiC and tow? Thatā€™s your prerogative to go to battle with the global supply chain, not the dealerā€™s.
Sponsored