Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19ā€™ Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Itā€™s way easier right now to get a new husband than a new Bronco. So you can see which is actually more valuable.
Sponsored

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I was telling my husband this morning about the news from yesterday regarding the chip shortage and the production delay. Now he wants me to sell my Bronco because he thinks we can make money on it. Yeah, probably, but I bought it because I wanted a Bronco. And if I sell it, who knows when I'll get another one. Plus I'd still have to go buy another car. He thinks I'm being silly wanting to keep it. But, I love it!
If you have a lot of debt and canā€™t really afford the Bronco, then you should sell it and get a much cheaper car. If you bought it behind his back and without his agreement, you should sell it and get something you agree on. Otherwise, he should be happy that you like your car.

Jason

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I was telling my husband this morning about the news from yesterday regarding the chip shortage and the production delay. Now he wants me to sell my Bronco because he thinks we can make money on it. Yeah, probably, but I bought it because I wanted a Bronco. And if I sell it, who knows when I'll get another one. Plus I'd still have to go buy another car. He thinks I'm being silly wanting to keep it. But, I love it!
You probably wouldn't make near as much as you think if anything.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm. @amazingjason has some solid logic there.
Those of us married know itā€™s never 50-50. At times itā€™s 80-20 or 99-1.
solid advice unless this is rhetorical or just in fun is that yaā€™ll need a nice, quiet, private convo.
If he has been on board all this time, and supportive, and changed his views when he saw potential profitsā€¦yā€™all need to hash that out.
Is the potential profit worth the wait for another?
If youā€™ve had your heart set on it and love it, and donā€™t wanna sell, he needs to understand your perspective and respect the fact that although a marriage is a team, the individuals also deserve individual rewards.
At the end of the day you are both adults, and his opinion carries no more weight than yours (in my opinion). How would he feel if the roles were reversed?
A lot of times reasonable, logic conversations in relationships can bridge some pretty large gaps.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Really, any of us who finally got our Broncos and paid MSRP (or at least close to it) could have flipped them immediately and made a profit. But we didnā€™t go through all that trouble - and a whole year without a 2nd vehicle in our case - just to go back to not having a Bronco.

If I had mentioned this idea to my wife, I wouldnā€™t have gotten three words out before she said, ā€œAhh, no.ā€ And that would have been the end of that conversationā€¦ šŸ˜œ

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Free money is hard to pass up. 2 years from now the supplies should be better. Maybe you can get a trade plus cash deal so you get something to drive until you get another bronco.

That said, if you like where you are at, f'em it's your truck.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread got me curious so I checked Carvana out. My offer was $44k for a car with a sticker price of $43k. Not even close!

No way am I selling my Bronco after experiencing how well done the vehicle is and how fun it is to drive.

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, BMW M5, BMW 325iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, it wasnā€™t a scam. The guy worked for a Grey Market importer dealing in JDM and Rovers. Sold American Muscle Cars in Europe and Middle East.
While I agree that it sounds like a scam, most car manufacturers prohibit dealerships from selling to exporters and can even be reprimanded for knowingly selling to some one who is planning on exporting.
Thanks for the education. I had no idea it was such a big deal to just export a car. Importing I could imagine being more difficult to make sure the vehicle complies with whatever the regulations are in the importer's jurisdiction.

Untrained Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19ā€™ Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You probably wouldn't make near as much as you think if anything.
I agree, I watched some for sale on eBay, most of them never reached the reserve price and were just relisted. Just because you see them for sale $20k above asking, doesn't mean that they are selling.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

prices seem to normalize, finally was curious enough to check what carvana would give me for my loaded BL with Sasquatch, 52k and change, 10k less than I paid, so no thanks. Not that I'd sell it for 20 over either, but maybe a sign that the current madness of people paying over MSRP for 3 year old used cars is dying down.
So just tell him not worth it, but he should check what his car is worth ;-)

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The housing market is booming. What could you do with half of that sale?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tell him how turned on you get riden yer bucking bronco, and if the Bronco is gone, so is the buckin!
Sponsored