First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Getting an unfinished bronco that sat outside all winter in Michigan, after waiting well over a year, would be pretty damn insulting. For any new broncos that will get shipped a lot faster because of this, I think it’s a good thing without a doubt.

I ordered 2/5 of this year. IF I get lucky and get built this year, I’d gladly take a bronco a few chips down in order to capitalize on selling my current car while the used market is still ridiculously high.
From someone that has a Bronco sitting at ice mountain for the past 2 months without an edd, trust me, this would not be an insult. An insult would be allowing our broncos to sit while new builds roll off the line to dealerships……….oh, wait, that’s already happening. That’s insulting.
Sponsored

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would hope that you would be able to get the missing chip installed at any dealer considering some of those who ordered out of state wouldnt be too happy to make the drive back to the original dealer…..

Mo’ Money Mo’ Broncos

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not so concerned about the unfinished part since it could be something irrelevant (like auto start-stop, which I'll just disable anyway). Nor am I concerned about a rugged vehicle seeing a little snow. But I would be a little annoyed that I wasn't able to get my vehicle on my original EDD due to a delay over an item that Ford initially couldn't install and then ultimately deemed non-critical. Like, thanks for making me wait unnecessarily.

I also agree on the used vehicle point. This whole time I've been worried that the market could shift and the value of my current vehicle could go down. On a related note, interest rates on loans could very well be higher now than they were on my original EDD. That is also concerning.
I agree and that’s more what I was getting at is the unnecessary waiting it could end up looking like in the end. Also, I ordered soft top. They may be perfectly fine, but for those who would’ve had them in a garage most of the winter, that’s just bringing on wear and tear quicker than necessary.
Getting a loan locked in as quick as possible would be a massive advantage, I agree. Between that and the state of the used car market, I’d be perfectly fine waiting for a few chips while getting to have my bronco.

Mo’ Money Mo’ Broncos

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From someone that has a Bronco sitting at ice mountain for the past 2 months without an edd, trust me, this would not be an insult. An insult would be allowing our broncos to sit while new builds roll off the line to dealerships……….oh, wait, that’s already happening. That’s insulting.
I’m saying if your bronco sat out there all winter, and then they ship it the same way it was when they put it there, I’d be pissed.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m saying if your bronco sat out there all winter, and then they ship it the same way it was when they put it there, I’d be pissed.
Yeah, they should have done this much sooner….but, better late than never.

Sponsored

IPTech

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder what finally made them go this route. Running out of room for storing partially built vehicles? Logistical nightmare finishing those vehicles? Regardless, it's good news, we just have to hope it applies to Broncos since the article doesn't specify.
Yeah, running out of storage space, so they have no choice but to start shipping them out. My dealer told me this last Thursday. But, it's still not clear whether Ice Mountain Broncos will be included in this or will they stay parked.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, running out of storage space, so they have no choice but to start shipping them out. My dealer told me this last Thursday. But, it's still not clear whether Ice Mountain Broncos will be included in this or will they stay parked.
I can’t think of a single reason as to how it would benefit ford by not including the Ice Mountain Broncos in this new plan. I can, however, think of many reasons as to how ford would benefit……starting with 3-4 thousand broncos being sold, but then again, it is ford we’re taking about.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was building a Super Duty for work yesterday to order and lot of options like auxiliary (upfitter) switches, cab lights etc aren’t even available. Basically no options are available.

This pops up...
Ford Bronco Ford will ship Broncos without chips controlling non-safety critical features 575B864A-DC66-49A6-AA42-E427C0AB03EA

Last edited:

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is a TERRIBLE idea. Dealerships are short handed, have full work loads, and getting modules installed is going to be unrealistic and severely slow.

Not to mention if a vehicle owner has to trade or sell their vehicle what then? Who would buy or accept a vehicle that isn't even complete?!?!

This is bad on top of bad, following bad.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wouldn't this be really good for dealers? I'd imagine they would have the hours billed as warranty for the dealerships so it's essentially "free" service hours for the service department.

Given how piss poor the whole Bronco thing has been I'm sure this is the one thing that will work out in the customers benefit right!? /s

IPTech

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can’t think of a single reason as to how it would benefit ford by not including the Ice Mountain Broncos in this new plan. I can, however, think of many reasons as to how ford would benefit……starting with 3-4 thousand broncos being sold, but then again, it is ford we’re taking about.
I agree, it would make no sense for them to not empty out Ice Mountain, but as dysfunctional as all of this has been, who knows.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is a TERRIBLE idea. Dealerships are short handed, have full work loads, and getting modules installed is going to be unrealistic and severely slow.

Not to mention if a vehicle owner has to trade or sell their vehicle what then? Who would buy or accept a vehicle that isn't even complete?!?!

You actually bring up a good point, I called to schedule my wifes Edge for some warranty brake line thing and was told they would need it for 5-6 days. I asked if it was because of the part and was told “no, we have the part, it’s just that we are so backed up.”

I agree with you, if dealer service departments are this backed up currently I don’t see how this can be done. Especially when you add in other models, not just Broncos.

Last edited:

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

That brings an interesting question. If you refuse delivery because it is incomplete, do you lose your bronco?

IPTech

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer is one of those who will be involved in this and they have been told that there will be a LOT of vehicles coming their way. Their service dept is already loaded up with work on a daily basis, so this will be interesting.

I personally think it's a great idea, but to each his own. Mine is on Ice Mountain and has been for 2 months, so I'll gladly take it even if a certain option isn't fully functional.
Sponsored