First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
According to Fords FAQ I should have been protected to 2022 pricing. Just received my window sticker and Mid-Y2022 was used. Anybody else had to deal with this? See attached order and corresponding sticker. Thanks in advance for any help/advice. I have this, a Ranger and an Explorer on order and if Ford/Dealer screws the pooch on the Bronco pricing they may lose all (3) sales.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
According to Fords FAQ I should have been protected to 2022 pricing. Just received my window sticker and Mid-Y2022 was used. Anybody else had to deal with this? See attached order and corresponding sticker. Thanks in advance for any help/advice. I have this, a Ranger and an Explorer on order and if Ford/Dealer screws the pooch on the Bronco pricing they may lose all (3) sales.
Note - my base increased by $1500. Not the stated increase for BD 2-door in FAQ of $2475.

splytsecond

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ford support and even the dealers arent 100% clear with all this

the best i've been told so far is that when my order ships (7/15/20 res, 1/23/21 order with 10/23/21 reorder for MY22, built 3/24/22) in the next few days that my 'price protection certificate' will update from the standard $8xx to the $2575 that the table shows for a 4dr badlands.

but until then the system will reflect a smaller price protection for my situation.

the dealer was 100% in the dark and calling support/chat is a roll of the dice

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look for my posts in the 3/14 build week this morning. It will have all the information that you are seeking.

Yes, the 3/14 Build Week group is the first week where WS pricing differs depending on which day the Bronco was built.

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership has made the claim I’m not protected. This comes via their ford rep. The claim is because of a change to the order on 1/26/2022 I’m ineligible, ford calls this a PEP change. However, the following verbiage is from Ford FAQ website and is contrary to what they’re telling me. an extra $1500 is not the deal I signed up for.

“I have placed an order, will this mid-year price increase affect my pricing?
If you do not change your order after March 7, 2022, and take delivery of your 2022 MY Bronco, your order qualifies for retail order price protection. This protects the MSRP of the vehicle at the time the 2022 order was received by Ford. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.”

Any help would be appreciated because I feel a dispute is brewing and the truck will be delivered in a month or so.

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealership has made the claim I’m not protected. This comes via their ford rep. The claim is because of a change to the order on 1/26/2022 I’m ineligible, ford calls this a PEP change. However, the following verbiage is from Ford FAQ website and is contrary to what they’re telling me. an extra $1500 is not the deal I signed up for.

“I have placed an order, will this mid-year price increase affect my pricing?
If you do not change your order after March 7, 2022, and take delivery of your 2022 MY Bronco, your order qualifies for retail order price protection. This protects the MSRP of the vehicle at the time the 2022 order was received by Ford. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.”

Any help would be appreciated because I feel a dispute is brewing and the truck will be delivered in a month or so.
This does depend on you reservation though. but since your window sticker already populated, you should be protected from the MY22 to MY22.5 change. This protection doesn't show up as a certificate in Smart vincent, your dealer will need to review what is on Fords website and/or talk with their Ford rep

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation or an Order Prior to March 19, 2021
What does price protection mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing if you had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. Your dealer will be issued a certificate for a similarly equipped vehicle that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered as of October 1, 2021. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealership will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

What are the new 2022 MY MSRP price protection amounts for customers who placed an order prior to March 19, 2021?

Bronco two-doorBronco four-door
Base$2,300$1,500
Big Bend$1,900$1,500
Black Diamond™$2,475$2,075
Outer Banks™$1,900$1,500
Wildtrak$2,800$2,445
Badlands$2,975$2,575

Why is there no price protection for features and options listed?
Price increases for 2022 MY were limited to series and door type.

How does the Bronco Price Protection program work?
If you ordered or reserved a Bronco prior to March 19, 2021, you will qualify for the price protection amount of a similarly equipped vehicle, based on the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered on or before October 1, 2021. This pricing adjustment will take place at the time of delivery through your dealer. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer. In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealer will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, are between you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my price protection amount?
For customers with an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021, you are able to apply your certificate to a different series for the 2022 and 2023 MYs. However, your certificate amount will reflect the series you ordered or reserved on or before October 1, 2021. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels. See your dealer for further details on changing your order after the March 7, 2022, cutoff. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, price protection will carry over to the 2023 MY. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Does price protection apply to Bronco special editions?
No. The Bronco Price Protection Program only applies to customers and the series offerings on or before March 19, 2021. Price protection will not apply if switching to a Raptor or Everglades™.

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation After March 19, 2021, or Placed an Order Without a Reservation After March 19, 2021
What does it mean if I placed a reservation after March 19, 2021, or placed an order without a reservation after March 19, 2021?
If you fall into either of these categories, it means that you do not qualify for the Bronco Price Protection Program. The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021.

I have placed an order, will this mid-year price increase affect my pricing?
If you do not change your order after March 7, 2022, and take delivery of your 2022 MY Bronco, your order qualifies for retail order price protection. This protects the MSRP of the vehicle at the time the 2022 order was received by Ford. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

I have an unconverted reservation that was placed after March 19, 2021. Will price increases affect me?
If you convert by March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the initial 2022 MY pricing. If you convert your reservation after March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the most current pricing. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my Bronco's price?
Changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to reflect new mid-year price levels. Make sure your order is configured properly prior to the March 7, 2022 cut-off. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, your new 2023 order will reflect 2023 MY price levels. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not a reservation holder. The ford rep referenced an order change on 1/26/2022 (obviously before the MSRP change) as the reason I wasn’t protected. According to ford as long as the order wasnt altered after 3/7/2022 I should have been protected.

Last edited:

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was the change you made?

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went from big bend to black diamond.

Sponsored

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding was that you had to be a reservation holder in order to quality for the price protection.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

either way you should be protected and you may need to contact a ford rep yourself.

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My understanding was that you had to be a reservation holder in order to quality for the price protection.
The verbiage states reservation holder or if you placed an order. They are two different scenarios.
Sponsored