Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Audi A7 Prestige, '23 Tundra Capstone, ā€˜69 C10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, no pix. I already unistalled it and packed it up to ship back for a refund. You are probably right about the ball stud, but I'm done messing with it. I followed the directions on the IAG YouTube channel. They were probably for the old brackets. You should really take that down.
If you actually "spent your Sunday" installing this kit, for sure you are doing it wrong. It should only take 15-30 Minutes tops depending on your work ethic, and about 4 minutes to change out to the new brackets. lol

I'd give it another try. Love mine.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel obligated to share a warning for the instructions for the replacement parts. I placed the band around the strut just like detailed in the video. I unlatched the drivers side soft top lower frame latch, also just like the video instructed. The strut broke through the band, so I had to compress it myself. At some point during the process, the latched portion of the soft top frame broke. I really dont think itā€™s a good idea to ever only have one side latched especially if the other side is being lifted up by the strut.
A94D1012-0F8E-4EE0-AD99-A1833E63D059.jpeg
First, I want to apologize that this has happened to you. We are trying to understand better how this happened and work towards a resolution. @BFizzy I responded to your email and will be in touch as soon as possible to work towards a solution with you.

For those currently working on installing the replacement brackets, if you have an issue with a strap coming off a strut our suggestion is to use a ratchet strap to recompress the strut so you do not need to do it by hand.

Last edited:

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I appreciate the quick response and have replied to the email. I want emphasize to the community that I donā€™t think this wouldā€™ve occurred if the strut hadnā€™t busted through the provided band.

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The PPF will be added to your cart automatically!
I ordered a couple of weeks ago after the PPF offer had ended. They have not shipped yet but was told Friday it would be ā€œsoonā€. Hopefully that means in the next week or two. Wondering if my order will include the PPF at no charge. I did not pay extra to add it.

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you actually "spent your Sunday" installing this kit, for sure you are doing it wrong. It should only take 15-30 Minutes tops depending on your work ethic, and about 4 minutes to change out to the new brackets. lol

I was also installing a new one this weekend and it did take me a while since the instructions video didnā€™t match the new bracket design. Turns out I installed backwards and had to disassemble today which wasnā€™t fun with the shocks

Sponsored

Scorpion71

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I wanted to remove my windows to make the install easier. They were filthy, so I washed my truck. Then I installed the protective film over the roll bars. Then I installed the ez lift. Then I removed it and packed it up for shipping. I did try it when it was in place. For me, the added ease of opening the back of the roof did not match the extra pain of closing and locking it in place. I hope I saved somebody some time by pointing out the old instructions with the old brackets were still on you tube. Glad to see they took them down. I know Im not the only one who jumps to you tube instead of scanning qr codes.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mine is doing this same thing! But i only get the crazy clicking noises with the top in the "first back" position. I haven't put it all the way down yet - but I get no noise with it up and in place...
Put the top back in the "first back" position and something was making crazy clicking noises. previously with top back like that (no struts at all) I did not have these clicking noises (just other misc rattles and such). This is with the new brackets.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to remove my windows to make the install easier. They were filthy, so I washed my truck. Then I installed the protective film over the roll bars. Then I installed the ez lift. Then I removed it and packed it up for shipping. I did try it when it was in place. For me, the added ease of opening the back of the roof did not match the extra pain of closing and locking it in place. I hope I saved somebody some time by pointing out the old instructions with the old brackets were still on you tube. Glad to see they took them down. I know Im not the only one who jumps to you tube instead of scanning qr codes.
:unsure:
Do not buy this product unless you want to scratch your paint.
Seems a little harsh in retrospect, given the acknowledged user error. Good thing there's an edit button below each post. ;)

tigerpete

Outer Banks
First Name
pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 explorer/2019 escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It seems like my rattle is from the middle of the shocks. If you wiggle it the middle there is play between the piston and the housing it slides through

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Switched out the "replacement" pieces today, took a whole 5 mins a side.
Only thing I did different is install the ball end prior to mounting.
Strap stayed on and was a breeze, thanks IAG!

Mg

tempImageJj7mqR.png

Sponsored

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe it's my age but I really prefer written instructions. Hate going back and forth on the damn phone. Give me the choice to ignore the documentation.
I'm in your camp, just got the kit going to suffer thru the video installation instructions too.... It's funny I was looking for a download PDF which is how I ended up here....

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed my replacement brackets today. I never put the top all the way back before today because I knew the replacements were coming. Can not get the top to latch into position two. Is there something I'm missing? Can't confirm it's the kit since I never had it back before install.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed my replacement brackets today. I never put the top all the way back before today because I knew the replacements were coming. Can not get the top to latch into position two. Is there something I'm missing? Can't confirm it's the kit since I never had it back before install.
Many of these tops seem to need some adjustments, even after delivery. You should be able to pull the frame piece down on each side (using two hands, possibly) and have it lock into position. The IAG struts shouldn't be an issue.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many of these tops seem to need some adjustments, even after delivery. You should be able to pull the frame piece down on each side (using two hands, possibly) and have it lock into position. The IAG struts shouldn't be an issue.
I've seen how to adjust left, right, back and forth. I just need to be able to compress it another few millimeters for the latch to catch. The release lever is also super hard to disengage when it's up to pull it back, if that's any additional context.

TantoIndian

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco , 2,7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the tremendous support of our debut product, the IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist. We are currently shooting for shipping to happen in the next week. Keep in mind these will ship in the order received.

Our current promotion that includes a free roll bar PPF kit with purchase will end after the next 75 orders are placed. So, if you haven't yet, get your kits ordered now! We constantly have new products in the works so keep your eyes peeled for updates either here on Bronco6g or by signing up at the link below.

Edit: !!!PPF Promotion has ended!!!

https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-...-system-for-2021-ford-bronco-4-door-soft-top/

Let us know if you have any questions!

Updates -

https://www.iagperformance.com/updateme
Thank you. Just got the email. Mine is coming !
Sponsored