Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed my EZ-Lift a few days ago. I am VERY happy with it. This is how the Bronc should have been delivered from factory! No rattles, just a well designed, functional product. Thank you.
Sponsored

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First, I want to apologize that this has happened to you. We are trying to understand better how this happened and work towards a resolution. @BFizzy I responded to your email and will be in touch as soon as possible to work towards a solution with you.

For those currently working on installing the replacement brackets, if you have an issue with a strap coming off a strut our suggestion is to use a ratchet strap to recompress the strut so you do not need to do it by hand.
I just want to follow up and say that IAG not only found and sent me the OEM Ford part that broke, but also sent me detailed instructions with pictures on how to replace it. This is above and beyond the level of support I would expect and I certainly appreciate and recommend them.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine didn’t rattle before I changed the brackets to the new ones now they rattle over bumps. Kinda sucks but I do like the convenience they give you when getting into the trunk area. I don’t think there’s much you can do about it. I read a post where the factory struts back there also rattle but in my case they don’t. It’s not 100% deal breaker but it is starting to get annoying.

Last edited:

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed mine a few weeks back and love it with only one exception. At times a song or songs may come and the volume on the B&O system may hit ear drum splitting levels :) At those levels the inner tube do rattle quite loudly. I have already reached out and IAG is looking into it now so I am happy.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received and installed the IAG struts this past weekend. I assume these were the redesign but JIC, I slipped a 6” length of electrical heat-shrink tubing onto the strut before mounting, mounted the struts, marked where they might contact the RB and applied the heat. Nice thick plastic cover, almost invisible, won’t slip, and no rattles.
Take a picture when you get a chance?

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed my replacement brackets today. I never put the top all the way back before today because I knew the replacements were coming. Can not get the top to latch into position two. Is there something I'm missing? Can't confirm it's the kit since I never had it back before install.
Mine was harder to latch into position 2 than it was stock, you are fighting the shocks a bit, however it is a lesser evil doing that than for someone petite like me atleast, trying to close the soft top from the lowest position. It was ALMOST impossible for me to lift it. The IAG struts fight ya a little when you are trying push it down, but again, better than the alternative and was still manageable.

I've seen how to adjust left, right, back and forth. I just need to be able to compress it another few millimeters for the latch to catch. The release lever is also super hard to disengage when it's up to pull it back, if that's any additional context.
My release latch was always very tight here (unrelated to IAG's struts - there was zero change in this part of the top for me). In order for me to latch it while closing the top so that position 1 will be safely latched, I have to sort of hang down with one hand on the top, and then push up on the lever with the other and it latches fine. If you look, you are sort of fighting the lil rubber bump stop.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine installed today. Took me 45 minutes to an hour. I’m quicker with paper directions than video. I double checked (watched) every step to ensure I have things oriented correctly. Haven’t played with it much yet but seems to be a nice kit! Opening the back hatch is much better now.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine didn’t rattle before I changed the brackets to the new ones now they rattle over bumps. Kinda sucks but I do like the convenience they give you when getting into the trunk area. I don’t think there’s much you can do about it. I read a post where the factory struts back there also rattle but in my case they don’t. It’s not 100% deal breaker but it is starting to get annoying.
Same. Good with initial bracket, then rattle with new bracket. I was bummed but it's seeming to get better or I'm just getting used to it...

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was harder to latch into position 2 than it was stock, you are fighting the shocks a bit, however it is a lesser evil doing that than for someone petite like me atleast, trying to close the soft top from the lowest position. It was ALMOST impossible for me to lift it. The IAG struts fight ya a little when you are trying push it down, but again, better than the alternative and was still manageable.

My release latch was always very tight here (unrelated to IAG's struts - there was zero change in this part of the top for me). In order for me to latch it while closing the top so that position 1 will be safely latched, I have to sort of hang down with one hand on the top, and then push up on the lever with the other and it latches fine. If you look, you are sort of fighting the lil rubber bump stop.
I appreciate the help. I actually spent about an hour adjusting brackets this weekend and everything is working great. Even things I didn't know were wrong are working better now.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same. Good with initial bracket, then rattle with new bracket. I was bummed but it's seeming to get better or I'm just getting used to it...
Probably getting use to it. Only way to cancel it out is up the stereo volume. 😁

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to spend some time adjusting the various factory brackets and latching points. Many users have reported that the overall noise of the soft top, in general, is improved as well as usability. There is A LOT of variance in the way these tops rolled out of the factory.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to spend some time adjusting the various factory brackets and latching points. Many users have reported that the overall noise of the soft top, in general, is improved as well as usability. There is A LOT of variance in the way these tops rolled out of the factory.
Yup, installing the struts (with old brackets) was actually the first time I put the top down (thanks Colorado winter) and one of the sides did not latch down. So I had to adjust the fully lowered latches both, and then had to adjust the halfway back latches. None of which had anything to do with your product. No rattle before or after. But once I put in the new brackets, it rattled. As I said, it appears to have worked itself out and makes much less noise now.

$occercoach

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru Baja
Your Bronco Model
Base
SO I installed the soft top assist and everything worked well the first couple times to lift the back....however when I went to fully retract the soft top both hooks attached to thte elastic broke in two....anyone else have this issue. I double checked the video and am sure I installed it correctly.

elastic clip.jpeg

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SO I installed the soft top assist and everything worked well the first couple times to lift the back....however when I went to fully retract the soft top both hooks attached to thte elastic broke in two....anyone else have this issue. I double checked the video and am sure I installed it correctly.

Ford Bronco IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist elastic cli
That's not good, I'm sure they'll send you replacements, but have to figure out what happened here.

I just switched out the brackets today and notice that it was a lot harder to get the plastic hook in place again. Well, not hard, but had to finagle it around the new bracket and the nut holding the ball head in. Hope there's no interference when folding it all the way down, which I have yet to do.

I see the bungies as a bit of a weak point, not sure what they actually do, but over time and summer heat, that rubber band will probably not hold up all that well. I guess we'll find out, hopefully a replacement can be bought eventually, as I don't think these are some kind of off the shelf thing?

Hope they send you new ones quickly and you can figure out what happened!

$occercoach

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru Baja
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's not good, I'm sure they'll send you replacements, but have to figure out what happened here.

I just switched out the brackets today and notice that it was a lot harder to get the plastic hook in place again. Well, not hard, but had to finagle it around the new bracket and the nut holding the ball head in. Hope there's no interference when folding it all the way down, which I have yet to do.

I see the bungies as a bit of a weak point, not sure what they actually do, but over time and summer heat, that rubber band will probably not hold up all that well. I guess we'll find out, hopefully a replacement can be bought eventually, as I don't think these are some kind of off the shelf thing?

Hope they send you new ones quickly and you can figure out what happened!
Yeah I noticed it was difficult getting that hook around…not sure what that elastic is doing either. I will keep everyone posted when I get a reply from IAG.
Sponsored