Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can't really trust photos like this due to the auto white balance and dynamic range limitations on cameras, especially phone cameras.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not a blue person, but damn Antimatter! Nice. I desperately wish Rapid Red had as aggressive of color shift.
This is a rapid red F250 I saw at the local tint shop. It gives a good contrast for the shade and direct sunlight.

Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade 1597862147686

Last edited:

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is actually the one I keep leaning towards. I am stuck between going BL with no options and a manual or going BD, sasquatch and a few options. I have never had a vehicle with that bright of a color and that's really why I want it.
Do what your heart tells you. If you've always wanted a bright color, get it! It's not like its a boring sedan that cries out for conservative colors. It's a Bronco! Go big! I'm definitely Cyber Orange (2 door). It's a fun vibrant color and it'll make me smile every time I see it.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you look at the 2021 F150 AB colorizer, the F150 tailgate looks closer to black. https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/2021/
Exactly what everyone is saying - in light you have your blue that pops and in shade it looks much darker - look on the F150 colorizer even when the whole tailgate is "black" the pillar on the cab has the blue thats being talked about - very nice and gets me away from the constant black I keep going back to.. the A51 and CG are nice, I just can't see myself with them for years..... the AB i can
I don't worry about the "keeping it clean" like some (FYI to folks - light colors show dirt etc just as much and I'm bored with all the grey on the road) - its a truck and will look great clean and like a rig the rest of the time

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just out of curiosity, are any of y'all getting AM blue concerned about excessive scratching and pinstriping while wheeling? I absolutely love the color, IMO its the best color currently offered on the bronco with cactus as a close second. I have been arguing with myself all day whether or not I could handle all the inevitable pinstriping on my badlands :unsure:. And yes I know its part of making use of your 4x4, I'm just curious if any of y'all are having the same thoughts? I have been going back and fourth between this and cactus, although AM blue is #1. I have never had a darker metallic 4x4 as all of mine have been silver and gray. Anybody have experience wheeling a darker blue or darker metallic in general?
All the colors are going to show it... couple of points
* If you are OCD about the paint then go with the grey its your best option to help hide things - however its still going to show things in full light especially my pet peeve....
* My pet peeve on my black Camaro is the swirls from washing so I learned how to avoid them 100% - started with a ceramic coat that included paint correction. Then I clean the car about once a week, the trick is using: a pressure washer, foam canon (touch less wash) and then a dry only towel (Chemical Guys woolly mammoth ) that you just pull in one direction.... no swirls at all... the whole process takes me about 1/2 hour (4-5 hours a month including detailing my wheels) and it looks great even when a little dirty - because there are no swirls!!

Now I will get some scratches off-roading but overall it will look great just from the basic care and avoiding the crappy swirls (by the way swirls show in a lot of colors - almost all of them in direct sunlight)

Edit - I won't ceramic coat for sometime and just care for the paint correctly from the start.... as long as the factory and dealer don't wash the car in the wrong way... will be one of my conversations with the dealer

Rant over..... :cool:

Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do what your heart tells you. If you've always wanted a bright color, get it! It's not like its a boring sedan that cries out for conservative colors. It's a Bronco! Go big! I'm definitely Cyber Orange (2 door). It's a fun vibrant color and it'll make me smile every time I see it.
That is exactly what I keep telling myself, plus I know if I don't get it I will kick myself every time I see one.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love Area 51 in the shade, but can't get past the light blue in the sunlight. I can cross that one off my list...
Thanks for posting these! I hope you can get more samples for us!
Decisions Decisions.....

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doug pulled this post out of the thread and made it its own huh?

In the color threads we’ve had this post for awhile haha. Wish we had similar from all color samples. But I’m set on Area51 now. It’s a nice mix between my grabber blue stang and shadow grey f150

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doug pulled this post out of the thread and made it its own huh?

In the color threads we’ve had this post for awhile haha. Wish we had similar from all color samples. But I’m set on Area51 now. It’s a nice mix between my grabber blue stang and shadow grey f150
why dont you link to what you are describing.
I dont think the color threads are called out too obviously on the home page

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I started with AB, but it's too dark not in the sun for me. Loved Area 51 on the colorizer, but not in the sun, now I'm stuck on Cactus Grey. It's believed that it's the same color as the fighter jet grey on the upcoming Mach 1. I also saw a raptor yesterday that I swore was in this color too

Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade Mach1
Sponsored