Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought a Wrangler JK 2 weeks ago thinking my Bronco won't be built anytime soon....then I got scheduled for production for my BB last week according to the backdoor website.

I may not even bother getting the license plates for the Jeep if the Bronco actually appears in June. Has anyone here that lives in Colorado traded in a vehicle they don't have clear title to yet?
Sponsored

KLRTMTO

Wildtrak
First Name
Jamell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Malibu, 2015 Ford flex, 2012 street glide
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Plan B would be a Mustang Mach-E

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My plan B is a lincoln navigator or TRX.

First Name
Virgil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs-M5 & 750; Dodge Charger SRT, 30 4WD pickups
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The pangea green / white is the setup I have. The sales manager where I got mine ordered one for himself after seeing mine (not a local dealer).

I hear you on the inline 6 with 18's. I'm seriously considering the rear brake mod so I can fit 18's. It's the only thing I wish they had offered with that engine. For now I'm probably going to throw KO2's on the 20's for a trip I'm taking to the Badlands. I want better mud/sand grip, but otherwise I have no plans to rock crawl anywhere so it should be OK.

As far as warranty, it's a consideration. I usually swap vehicles around year 4-5, but not sure what I'll do this time with a pricier vehicle than I normally have. I guess we'll see how it does after a few years as far as service needs.
My Pangea Green to be delivered in 4 weeks. 4 months total wait not 4 years. X-Dynamic SE 90. 19" wheels and off-road tires - would have liked the 18" wheels, but not an option. Not sure I am up for brake mods to go to a smaller wheel. Does that alter insurance? Affect warranty?

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm jumping ship for a Model 3 LR. Selling my BaseSquatch for $54,500.

First Name
Virgil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs-M5 & 750; Dodge Charger SRT, 30 4WD pickups
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice.
My other car is a M5.
Have not cancelled Bronco. Assume I will sell rather than let it go back to dealer.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They will eventually come and it’s awesome. Hang in there if it’s what you really want.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Pangea Green to be delivered in 4 weeks. 4 months total wait not 4 years. X-Dynamic SE 90. 19" wheels and off-road tires - would have liked the 18" wheels, but not an option. Not sure I am up for brake mods to go to a smaller wheel. Does that alter insurance? Affect warranty?
Warranty would be fine overall. At most they wouldn't cover the modified brakes of course, but the rest should be fine. No insurance issues.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm jumping ship for a Model 3 LR. Selling my BaseSquatch for $54,500.
Go for the performance version unless you really need the extra range. The acceleration with bring a smile to your face each time you get in it. I know first hand as my 2015 Model S is my daily driver and has 131k miles on it. :) The 120mpg efficiency will also put a smile on your face.

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well sir, actually I now have 2 plan B's since Zach at Granger offered a 4% below invoice on his Jeeps. My first Plan B was to look at the new Nissan Frontier. But yesterday after the allocation announcement I was looking at a Grand Cherokee 4wd, and withs Zach's offer that is now my other plan B. The way I use my Wrangler, and with my limited off roading ability a Grand Cherokee would do all I need, and be smoother and better driving on the highway. So now I have to decide if I want to wait until '24 for my Bronco, which is at a very low precentage rate, or pick one of these plan B's.
I traded in a 2021 Grand Cherokee Overland trim. I loved it. The UConnect system is the best I have ever used, it’s quick and not buggie at all. My Bronco Sync system is very buggie. I never know what’s going to work on it every time I start it up something is wrong with it.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Go for the performance version unless you really need the extra range. The acceleration with bring a smile to your face each time you get in it. I know first hand as my 2015 Model S is my daily driver and has 131k miles on it. :) The 120mpg efficiency will also put a smile on your face.
Did not spring for the performance version, just the LR.

Do plan to add the acceleration upgrdade ($2k) that will move 0-60 to 3.8 seconds.

That's plenty fast for me!

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did my once every couple of months process again last night:

- Build a Defender 90 and realize it's probably not worth the over $20k extra (to me), nor does it have the ability to take the top off.
- Build a Wrangler and then remember how terrible the highway ride was back when I've owned them before.
- Build a Bronco Raptor and come to grips with the fact that I haven't even received my first order, so why the heck should I expect the holy grail to arrive faster?

So, I continue to attempt an exercise in patience that my wife seems to find rather amusing for some reason.
Sponsored