Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a 30 August 2020 reservation holder, and with my order at Stephens Auto Center (a dealership pretty much in the same situation as Granger), I'm guessing I'm not going see a Bronco in my hands until sometime in 2023 at the earliest. I've considered a few other options, including a Defender, and am now at the point where I might order a loaded MY23 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk when Jeep opens the order banks up this May and take whichever vehicle arrives first.
Come to the Defender dark side... just avoid getting one in pangea green, because there are already enough around Northern Virginia. ;)

So far no mechanical issues with mine. Still love seeing the Broncos on the road, but they're still few and far between.
Sponsored

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Come to the Defender dark side... just avoid getting one in pangea green, because there are already enough around Northern Virginia. ;)

So far no mechanical issues with mine. Still love seeing the Broncos on the road, but they're still few and far between.
LOL! You're right about that Pangea Green. Still, that with the with the white top would be my choice. As much as the loaded Grand Cherokee will cost me, I am certainly tempted by the Defender (and it tows a lot more than the 6200 lbs the 3.6L V6 does in the Grand Cherokee). My biggest fear is that, because I tend to keep my cars FAR past their warranties end, I'd be looking at some insane repair costs with the Defender at some point, where I imagine repairs for the Jeep would be far less costly. Also, if I want the inline 6 for the Defender, I'd be forced to do some expensive alterations to the vehicle to downsize the wheels to 18" rims and meatier tires.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL! You're right about that Pangea Green. Still, that with the with the white top would be my choice. As much as the loaded Grand Cherokee will cost me, I am certainly tempted by the Defender (and it tows a lot more than the 6200 lbs the 3.6L V6 does in the Grand Cherokee). My biggest fear is that, because I tend to keep my cars FAR past their warranties end, I'd be looking at some insane repair costs with the Defender at some point, where I imagine repairs for the Jeep would be far less costly. Also, if I want the inline 6 for the Defender, I'd be forced to do some expensive alterations to the vehicle to downsize the wheels to 18" rims and meatier tires.
The pangea green / white is the setup I have. The sales manager where I got mine ordered one for himself after seeing mine (not a local dealer).

I hear you on the inline 6 with 18's. I'm seriously considering the rear brake mod so I can fit 18's. It's the only thing I wish they had offered with that engine. For now I'm probably going to throw KO2's on the 20's for a trip I'm taking to the Badlands. I want better mud/sand grip, but otherwise I have no plans to rock crawl anywhere so it should be OK.

As far as warranty, it's a consideration. I usually swap vehicles around year 4-5, but not sure what I'll do this time with a pricier vehicle than I normally have. I guess we'll see how it does after a few years as far as service needs.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2 door Rubicon with duel door option. 37’s with all supporting mods

IDAbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Plan B is one of the following:
A new 4Runner, Tundra, or Gladiator (although I am not the biggest fan of Jeeps)
A used Raptor

Plan C
Keep getting kicked in the balls by Ford as I wait for my Bronco as I see more and more Broncos in my area being driven by old ladies (it's apparently a thing around here) or 17 year old kids, and also personally knowing people getting theirs with every constraint possible within a 3-4 month turnaround.

Sponsored

Eric H

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Duramax / 06 Accord / KTMs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Plan B arrived early. Still waiting on plan A...

Trophy with 200.jpg

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Plan B
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? E2AA188E-E2E6-4094-B0F4-5069A46AAADD

Plan C
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? C35004E0-E2A0-4CF5-9B8D-B2EA62C8A361

Plan D
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? CD4A0987-957D-45F0-BFBB-BD9BDBF36D43

I recently purchased a few things to enjoy while I wait for the Bronco.

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Test drove the new 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2 Row yesterday and honestly….. its tempting. Keep in mind I will be purchasing the Bronco as a daily family hauler so it does cross my mind sometimes to choose a more “comfortable” option when I hear about the Broncos rattling windows and water pouring down on you with the hard top……

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rubicon Recon configured exactly like my 2 door Badlands SAS

Edit: oh, and 9 months from now I'll rent a Bronco at my local Hertz dealer to see what I missed and stop I'll by the forum to discuss waning resale values.

Last edited:

Smashquatch

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 Cooper S 85 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1992 Flareside. Done up like I wanted 20 years ago when I had one but couldn’t afford to finish it.

Sponsored

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F150 Tremor High package. Have the order placed with Granger and hope to have it by September. My Grangetober BL is probably next April at the earliest.

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Plan B is one of the following:
A new 4Runner, Tundra, or Gladiator (although I am not the biggest fan of Jeeps)
A used Raptor

Plan C
Keep getting kicked in the balls by Ford as I wait for my Bronco as I see more and more Broncos in my area being driven by old ladies (it's apparently a thing around here) or 17 year old kids, and also personally knowing people getting theirs with every constraint possible within a 3-4 month turnaround.
Ha! Here to I’ve seen Broncos more frequently driven by ladies which I has never second guessing

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rubicon Recon configured exactly like my 2 door Badlands SAS

Edit: oh, and 9 months from now I'll rent a Bronco at my local Hertz dealer to see what I missed and stop I'll by the forum to discuss waning resale values.
Based on the way prices keep climbing on these things, I am not so sure the resale is going to be any worse than a Wrangler, Tacoma or 4Runner.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Test drove the new 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2 Row yesterday and honestly….. its tempting. Keep in mind I will be purchasing the Bronco as a daily family hauler so it does cross my mind sometimes to choose a more “comfortable” option when I hear about the Broncos rattling windows and water pouring down on you with the hard top……
Lauren, we test drove a new Grand Cherokee last week. I must say it was very nice. And yes, it is quite tempting It would probably be a better for us than the mythical Bronco I have ordered.

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lauren, we test drove a new Grand Cherokee last week. I must say it was very nice. And yes, it is quite tempting It would probably be a better for us than the mythical Bronco I have ordered.
Hate to say it but I am leaning that way. The Panoramic sunroof option is a nice plus🤔
Sponsored