First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Early this morning, I received a call from my service advisor at the Ford dealership. He said he came into work this morning and found a key, a Bronco, and my name & phone number waiting for him, so he wanted to know how he could help me. 😂

Very nice guy. Asked me to describe the problem, thanked me for the information, and said he would try to get it into the service queue today, or possibly tomorrow at the latest. He apparently has room in his service schedule to get it looked at quickly.

I thanked him for the call. So far so good! 👍

Did they ask if you waxed it or what wax you used?
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This scares me. I am doing a long road trip (Austin, TX to Colorado) later this month. I have about 4500 miles on the odometer. Praying nothing happens.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have 6,800 miles on my 2dr BL with the 2.3 7M and I have not had a single problem. My brother and I are going to the MX Nationals at Thunder Valley in Lakewood. We are leaving next Thursday morning. I'm not worried at all!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me checking back, anxious to see what the dealer finds:

Same. 50% because I'm empathetic towards Razorback's plight, 50% hoping it's something that won't affect me. 😬

I have 6,800 miles on my 2dr BL with the 2.3 7M and I have not had a single problem.
From the beginning my gut told me this was likely to be the least problematic drivetrain combo for long term ownership and I'm really banking on that holding up.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same. 50% because I'm empathetic towards Razorback's plight, 50% hoping it's something that won't affect me. 😬

From the beginning my gut told me this was likely to be the least problematic drivetrain combo for long term ownership and I'm really banking on that holding up.
I am too. So far, It has been rock solid.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me checking back, anxious to see what the dealer finds:

It appears that they were working on it most of the afternoon and early evening. Mostly going back and forth between driver’s door (presumably OBD port below the steering wheel) and the hood (presumably battery, under hood fuse box, high pressure fuel pump). In the early evening, they opened the tailgate for the first time.

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] F1AC622C-5E48-4166-8165-BA36E3B8830B

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears that they were working on it most of the afternoon and early evening. Mostly going back and forth between driver’s door (presumably OBD port below the steering wheel) and the hood (presumably battery, under hood fuse box, high pressure fuel pump). In the early evening, they opened the tailgate for the first time.

F1AC622C-5E48-4166-8165-BA36E3B8830B.png
Those notifications get on my nerves though! Edit: When ours was in the body shop, it was cool at first, then there were so many I just muted my phone. Wait till you get the "Your Bronco is going into deep sleep mode". And "some features have been disabled due to low battery voltage"

Last edited:

Lanman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS e-tron GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] F1AC622C-5E48-4166-8165-BA36E3B8830B
It's interesting that the hood keeps opening and closing. I would expect that to stay open until they're ready to take it for a test drive. Have you checked the milage to see if they are test driving it?

Sponsored

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's why I traded mine in. Owned it a month and 3 times it wouldn't start without jumpbox. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong. At least it was only in my garage and not balls deep on a trail. I was hyped as everyone else to get it but soon realized it's a fresh bag of shizzz. No way would I trust it out in BFE. I'll try again in 5 years or so when they get some flaws figured out
its time for you to get a good ole reliable Toyota 4Runner .

Lanman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS e-tron GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is freaky scary. If you can see all that, who else can?
Anybody with a little money can see pretty much everything about your vehicle and where it's been. Car companies sell the "anonymized" car data to data brokers who then sell it to just about anyone who asks. Sadly though, even though your name may not be part of the data it's pretty easy to figure out who the vehicle belongs to based off of the location data when it parks at the same spot every night and goes to the same office every day.

https://mashable.com/article/privacy-please-what-data-do-modern-cars-collect

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those notifications get on my nerves though!
Several people have told me that today. 😂

Notifications rarely bother me. I like having it on simply for when I really need it for security... unauthorized entry or theft. Then I can remotely lock the doors, flash the lights & honk the horn, and/or report it to the police. When I’m simply opening/closing the doors, hood, or tailgate myself, I just tune it out.

For situations like this, however, at least for me, it’s better than being in the dark, not knowing whether it‘s being worked on or just sitting in the dealer’s lot being ignored.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I should have enabled SecuriAlert before I dropped mine off. My only alert was for battery conservation, basically telling me they weren't working on it.
Sponsored