Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been torn between sas or no sas, leaning no sas. Thinking aftermarket wheels and 285 70 17s... i did see that ko2 are also avail in. 285 75 17 which is a 34 inch tire.
My problem is nobody knows for certain what tires will fit on the base. I would hate to forgo Squatch and 33’s rub.

This is not considering gears either.

I would have been happy with a base and beefy 33’s and after market wheels.

I just do not think that is the case. I think it probably makes more sense to go Squatch. Get correct gears and factory upgrades.
Sponsored

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Been torn between sas or no sas, leaning no sas. Thinking aftermarket wheels and 285 70 17s... i did see that ko2 are also avail in. 285 75 17 which is a 34 inch tire.
I have those TKO 34's on my F150 now. They are quiet, but they ride a little stiff. Have a really stiff sidewall compared to the 33's that I had before. If memory serves the tire weight rating is much higher on the 34's. I was considering doing the same on the BD tho....but I'm torn between the base and the BD...it's all about the interior. Just my .02

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford sells keypads that stick on the side of doors for $70. Did this with my Focus and worked great.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My problem is nobody knows for certain what tires will fit on the base. I would hate to forgo Squatch and 33’s rub.

This is not considering gears either.

I would have been happy with a base and beefy 33’s and after market wheels.

I just do not think that is the case. I think it probably makes more sense to go Squatch. Get correct gears and factory upgrades.
Yeah, stock is what, 3.73? I am not worried about 33s, especially with the 2.7. I really need to go to an off-road shop and look at some jeeps with 33 vs 35. Honestly I think 33s would do the trick for me. If a bronco can’t handle 33s with stock suspension, thats a fail.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have those TKO 34's on my F150 now. They are quiet, but they ride a little stiff. Have a really stiff sidewall compared to the 33's that I had before. If memory serves the tire weight rating is much higher on the 34's. I was considering doing the same on the BD tho....but I'm torn between the base and the BD...it's all about the interior. Just my .02
I was drawn to the Bd interior at first. But probably gonna be louder without carpet and the fact that the interior from base is the same as wildtrak, I assume it’s still gonna be nice. To get into bd auto, it’s a 7k upgrade over base 4dr. Not sure it’s worth it for vinyl and steel bumpers, to me anyway

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was drawn to the Bd interior at first. But probably gonna be louder without carpet and the fact that the interior from base is the same as wildtrak, I assume it’s still gonna be nice. To get into bd auto, it’s a 7k upgrade over base 4dr. Not sure it’s worth it for vinyl and steel bumpers, to me anyway
if Base had Mid upgrade pkg then i would go for their 4D to get the auto tranny free upgrade and get the 2.7 but this requires me to jump to BB

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wanted to keep the price around 40k for the 2 door... I can pretty much load up a base and do that (survey pricing). The BD goes over...way over, when I add the V6/Auto, Sas and trailering package. I mean, we are in AZ...does vinyl really matter that much? I like it for my dogs (hair issues with Fords carpet/ cloth seats). Today, I am leaning base or BB.

QuitPlayinWithYourDingy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4 V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
i think im settled on a Base 2dr + 2.7 + bumper n skids.......

but then i add in 16" winter tires and 32" tires+wheels for summer and it's nearly the same total if I just get Base 2dr + Sasq + 16" winter set up.

DAMN YOUS FORD

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if Base had Mid upgrade pkg then i would go for their 4D to get the auto tranny free upgrade and get the 2.7 but this requires me to jump to BB
Yeah mid is the only reason I still considering jumping up, but paying for the priviledge of buying a 1500 package is still hard for me to justify.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah mid is the only reason I still considering jumping up, but paying for the priviledge of buying a 1500 package is still hard for me to justify.
I feel the same way about getting the rear lockers. For BB 2.7 Locker I can get Base 2.7 Squatch.

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's what i calculated and its so close ($1,365 difference) that might as well bump up to BD otherwise BASE with the same features and no mid pkg total would be $ 35,800 7k less than BB

Big Bend: $35,880 + below = $42,880

2.7L with 10 speed - $3600

Mid Package - $1500

Modular Hardtop Black - $1900

Black Diamond: $38,545 + below = $44,245

2.7L with 10 speed - $3500

Mid Package - $1500

Hard Top Molded in Carbonized Grey: $700

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel the same way about getting the rear lockers. For BB 2.7 Locker I can get Base 2.7 Squatch.
Kinda on the same current thought. I was maybe thinking BB + Auto + 4.27 E-Locker + Mid Package. I have it calculated at $39,580. No 2.7 as I think it will be fine going 2.3 with the 4.27's. But you are right Base + 2.7 + Squatch is about $40,100.

For me it is either Mid Package or 2.7 on the BB, not both. Maybe neither and hopefully add the M210 upfront a la carte!

Now if I can add Front M210 + Front and Rear Limited Slip with 4.27 gears + 32"/33" tires to the Base 4 Door for like $2500-$3000, I'd do that.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

John, it looks like I'm going for that Bronco also. I started at the 4 door OB with all the bells and whistles, and worked my way down the trims to the 2 door base Bronco with the 2.3L manual. The only thing I might do is change the wheels, and tires for some 17" with 32's (but I don't know for sure if I'll even do that). That little base would fit my purpose nicely.
I think it will be pretty easy to find 17" 32's as take-offs from other models. I got some polished 20" wheels from a platinum with brand new ~32.5' Goodyear Kevlar take-offs with <50 miles on them for my F-150, mounted balanced and installed from the dealer for $800. Straight profit for them and good deal for me. Everyone happy.

I doubt any issues with fitment of 32~33 wheels/tires.

32~33 is a sweet spot for tire size I have found. And they look great on a 2-door although smallish on a 4-door.

So a sub $30k base that looks good and will be very capable and comfortable is definitely doable I think.

If they had an $800 locking rear diff option that would be perfect.

After living with the 2.7 10AT though I don't think I could give it up.

So dream for me would be:
$28,500 base
$600 tow package
$800 Locking diff (just a dream, no inside info)
$3,500 2.7 10AT

= $33,400 MSRP before any wheeling and dealing or destination charges etc. Maybe try and get the dealer to throw in his next set of take-offs from another model from someone who wants to go bigger right off the lot.

Basically the only thing pushing me over $30k is that sweet 2.7 10AT combo and I think I will miss that more often than I will miss the $3,500. :)

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's what i calculated and its so close ($1,365 difference) that might as well bump up to BD otherwise BASE with the same features and no mid pkg total would be $ 35,800 7k less than BB

Big Bend: $35,880 + below = $42,880

2.7L with 10 speed - $3600

Mid Package - $1500

Modular Hardtop Black - $1900

Black Diamond: $38,545 + below = $44,245

2.7L with 10 speed - $3500

Mid Package - $1500

Hard Top Molded in Carbonized Grey: $700
Yep, I am having trouble swallowing the 47.7k price tag (inc destination) for a vehicle that has no luxury features other than a few things in the MID and still on 32s.
I figure I can get 4dr base 2.7,switches, hardtop for 38ish, then either sas or new wheels/tires and be between 40 and 43k.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was my thought exactly. We have to pay nearly 5K just to get to spend $1600 more for some goodies that are probably worth 1K. That's some tough tough math for me to wrap my mind around. My Bronco is basically going to be my "Old Man's" play toy. And, since my other vehicles have all those goodies I think I can do without them on the Bronco. So, as it is now I think I'm going with a Velocity Blue 2 door base with nothing else and be done. Wheels, and tires can come whenever I get the urge.
Sponsored