Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's stand alone on the Bronco Sport
Last I checked it wasn’t. B&O was standalone not ACC. Unless they refined the B&P since I last looked
Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last I checked it wasn’t. B&O was standalone not ACC. Unless they refined the B&P since I last looked
It's up on B&P, I should clarify though - the 360 ACC is standalone on Big Bend and up (not on base). $795

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was getting a Jeep before this released, and planned to get the Aftermarket 9" Alpine ReStyle for the JL and that was $3k. The LUX will give me much more than I would have gotten. I might be mistaken, but at $2300 you get everything in the Mid and High.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I want is the B and O and will get that if it is standalone. Agree that mid or high are the sweet spot for most people and Lux doesn’t offer me much value for the incremental 2300.

I love radar cruise in my LX but I just can’t see me using it in this type of vehicle honestly.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So for 2300$ from High to Lux they offer us:
1) "2 additional front row smart-charging USB ports" - 10$ car charger on Amazon
2) "Wireless charging pad" - wireless car charger - 35$ on Amazon
3) "Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System" - built-in in Android Auto/Apple Carplay - free
4) Heated steering wheel - OK (how often is it used?)
5) "Evasive Steering Assist" - you need to start maneuvering by yourself, why not finish by yourself? but OK.
6) "B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer" - OK
7) "Adaptive Cruise Control" - this is the only feature I really need.
8) "Universal garage door opener" - OK, but device which can open any garage door costs 150$

Then, funny fact - necessary hardware for "Adaptive Cruise Control" and "Evasive Steering Assist" is already included in lower trims! (radar + camera). This is only software-activated feature.
I really hope "Adaptive Cruise Control" will be available ala carte.

So for 2300$ we have in reality:
Subwoofer, heated wheel, 200$ accessories from Amazon and few software-activated features. Really??

What's your thoughts?
You forgot the line item for the $billions Ford invested to bring the Bronco to matket.

Did you have any idea the $millions it cost to develope those software-activated features?

Do you really think selling car chargers for $10 each will repay that investment and return a profit?

Sponsored

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You forgot the line item for the $billions Ford invested to bring the Bronco to matket.

Did you have any idea the $millions it cost to develope those software-activated features?

Do you really think selling car chargers for $10 each will repay that investment and return a profit?
The OP is arguing the Lux features are not a good value for the money. Whether Ford spent a lot of money developing those features is not relevant to whether the features sold are a good value. You’re right, Ford wants to recoup their investment, but it’s hard to argue that the packages make much sense.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You will not be able to adapt fox live wire coil overs to the bronco as it requires sensors (mechanical and digital) for it to work. For example 2017-2018 raptors comes with reg fox shocks while 2019-2020 raptors comes with fox live shocks. You can not run the live shocks on 2017-18 trucks.

I predict The raptor bronco will be equipped with live shocks.

Fox Facotory offers an upgraded 3.0 live valve with stand alone controller (to my knowledge, according to YouTube videos I have seen).

https://www.ridefox.com/product.php...vqUSt6Wj4yng08inu_c8Sj2y1dF7QzMoaAhjqEALw_wcB

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To put things in perspective - the a la carte Burmeister system in my Porsche Cayenne was $5500, so getting the whole lux package at $2300 for me here is a no brainer.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was getting a Jeep before this released, and planned to get the Aftermarket 9" Alpine ReStyle for the JL and that was $3k. The LUX will give me much more than I would have gotten. I might be mistaken, but at $2300 you get everything in the Mid and High.
No, its $2,300 more than High, High is $1,200 more than Mid. Mid is $1,500. So depending on what package you start with, Lux could be up to $5,000.

Edit: mid is $1,500, not $1,300...wish it was though...

Last edited:

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No, its $2,300 more than High, High is $1,200 more than Mid. Mid is $1,300. So depending on what package you start with, Lux could be up to $5,000.
I've read differing theories. Ford has yet to clarity. I guess we have to wait until the BnP is released to see. To my knowledge, the only manufacture to operate like that is Porsche.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've read differing theories. Ford has yet to clarity. I guess we have to wait until the BnP is released to see. To my knowledge, the only manufacture to operate like that is Porsche.
I am just going off the pricing from the survey prices...which showed the LUX at $5k for Badlands, and LUX includes Mid and High.

vel23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know, but I don't think $2300 is a lot of money when we're talking packages on a vehicle. Especially when you factor in a ten speaker B&O set up. That's probably $1500 right there. I have a heated steering wheel now and I'm very spoiled by it. Thought it was a gimmick, yet I find myself using it year round. For a couple hundred bucks, I can get that, ACC, a wireless charging pad integrated in the truck, and a universal garage door opener. I'm fine with it. Remember, these are complete luxuries at this level.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know, but I don't think $2300 is a lot of money when we're talking packages on a vehicle. Especially when you factor in a ten speaker B&O set up. That's probably $1500 right there. I have a heated steering wheel now and I'm very spoiled by it. Thought it was a gimmick, yet I find myself using it year round. For a couple hundred bucks, I can get that, ACC, a wireless charging pad integrated in the truck, and a universal garage door opener. I'm fine with it. Remember, these are complete luxuries at this level.
I was thinking the B&O would be closer to 900-1000, and if I could just add that, I would. The rest in LUX I don't need. Wife's Explorer has heated steering wheel, I don't like it, gets too hot for my comfort...sensitive hands maybe?? LOL
For me, if I can get B&O for $1k, I would rather spend the extra money on lights, pull out tailgate, hardtop...I was hoping originally to stay under $50k, than $55k, now I better not be over $60k!! ?

vel23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking the B&O would be closer to 900-1000, and if I could just add that, I would. The rest in LUX I don't need. Wife's Explorer has heated steering wheel, I don't like it, gets too hot for my comfort...sensitive hands maybe?? LOL
For me, if I can get B&O for $1k, I would rather spend the extra money on lights, pull out tailgate, hardtop...I was hoping originally to stay under $50k, than $55k, now I better not be over $60k!! ?
If the B&O is ~$1K ala carter I'm getting that and bucking the Lux package! As much as a I love my steering wheel, I could save a chunk like you said. I'm just prepared for it to be closer to $1500 to make it a little easier to "just pay $800 for the whole package".
Sponsored