E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WildTrak with the Lux Package for me. The only option missing are cool seats which I understand aren’t available from Ford.

Something to ponder for those on the fence...will the safety features available with the Lux Package pay for itself due to a decrease in insurance costs in the long run?
Ford has cooled seats, I have them in my 2012 F-150 and our 2019 Explorer...but require tiny holes in your seat for the airflow...which would be bad if they got rained on or wet on a regular basis.
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wireless carplay is totally supported by Apple. It is directly on their website in the set up carplay section. You have to hold down the voice command button and you're good to go. It depends on if the automaker offers it.
I stand corrected. Plus, I see that Ford is adding Wireless Carplay to the 2021 F-150's SYNC 4, so fingers crossed.

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I need ACC for following car ahead. I live in area with bad traffic and Bronco will be my DD. So ACC is lifesaver in dense and intermittent speed traffic. For long range travels I'm OK sometimes to go around slower cars, not a big deal.
I also live in a high traffic area, and I’ve never actually used ACC in those situations. Maybe I just don’t trust it to react quicker than I can in those low-speed, bumper-to-bumper, I’m following too close situations. I’ll have to give it a shot. My current car though, I envision it stopping me on the highway and letting EVERYONE pass in front of me, only slowing me down even more. I guess my sensor is too sensitive (it won’t let me get anywhere near the car in front of me regardless of what setting I have it at).

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
NOT true. my 2018 M2 has wireless carplay.

It was never an issue of support. It was an issue with bandwidth.

I think the issue with Wireless Carplay is that it isn't supported by Apple yet. There are third parties who make dongles that trick the system into thinking the phone is wired, but Wireless Carplay won't be a thing until it's supported by Apple. I doubt that will happen for the 2021 Bronco.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing on the B&O sound system...are the speakers in the doors? I think it will be a waste for me if that’s the case, as the doors will be off most of the time when I will Drive it the most.
No speakers in the doors, they are in the dash, front kick panels, behind doors b pillar/c pillar and subwoofer is in the rear/trunk area

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lux package not for me. Evasive steering would be interesting to learn more about.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am pretty active on the Raptor forum and I don't know of any 2017 and 2018 owners who have switched to the Live shocks. BUT, there are plenty of 2019-2020 owners who have upgraded to Fox's Racing Live shocks (More aggressive setup with external cooling reservoirs)

The OEM integration of Live shocks to the 2019-20 Raptor is more involved than you would think. The system sees how much gas pedal is being applied, braking, steering angle and height (see the mechnical ride height sensor below). It is also integrated into the drive modes. The coolest trick of Live shocks is that it knows when you are airborne and instantaneously apllies 100% compression so you land safely without bottoming out.

1598879619725.png
You may be very well correct. They list it as being operated by a 3 way rocker switch, but further reading they state is is varied based on vehicle dynamics (as you suggested). I will have to email them to find out. It interesting the amount of people actually switching from the live valve to other aftermarket options. I would prefer the rocker switch and controlling my drive modes from the flip of a switch. Thanks for the info.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think the raptor bronco when it comes out with have live shocks. It has to distinguish itself from the reg Bronco.

When Ford came out with Live Shocks on the 2019-20 Raptors, a lot of guys were pissed .. complaining about the complexity and so on ...

And Now .. everyone has pretty much admitted it is an improvement on the mechanical shocks.

Here's a good video review from a guy that really pushes his truck

You may be very well correct. They list it as being operated by a 3 way rocker switch, but further reading they state is is varied based on vehicle dynamics (as you suggested). I will have to email them to find out. It interesting the amount of people actually switching from the live valve to other aftermarket options. I would prefer the rocker switch and controlling my drive modes from the flip of a switch. Thanks for the info.

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has cooled seats, I have them in my 2012 F-150 and our 2019 Explorer...but require tiny holes in your seat for the airflow...which would be bad if they got rained on or wet on a regular basis.
I have a 2014 F-150 FX4 with the cool seats which I love. I understand why they aren’t available on the Bronco as they currently exist. It would be cool “pun intended” if Ford developed a closed loop system that had some type of coolant running through it for the seats instead of the current airflow system.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford used to have a winter package for their vehicles that included heated seats and steering wheel.
and rubberized floor mats. we have the package on our 15 Focus

Sponsored

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think the raptor bronco when it comes out with have live shocks. It has to distinguish itself from the reg Bronco.

When Ford came out with Live Shocks on the 2019-20 Raptors, a lot of guys were pissed .. complaining about the complexity and so on ...

And Now .. everyone has pretty much admitted it is an improvement on the mechanical shocks.

Here's a good video review from a guy that really pushes his truck

I would have definitely waited and ordered the raptor bronco (warthog), but I don't like how liquid everything is with them currently. I'm going to have my first edition build (my wife's) and also buy a wrecked one in the next year or two for a full out build that I will DD. Or I'll get the 2021 bronco and 2021 raptor and call it a day.. ha

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m contemplating the Lux package for the heated steering wheel and the universal garage door opener alone. I love those two features.

I must be doing something wrong with Adaptive Cruise Control, because I have it now and I HATE it. I set the cruise at 55 (yeah right) and as I approach another slower car....the ACC kicks in and I slow down. That’s not what I want! I want to go around that other car. So I either have to change lanes a mile sooner than normal so the ACC doesn’t kick down my speed, or I have to click off the ACC just to accelerate around the other car and then click the ACC back on. What’s the point of that? Am I doing It wrong? Or do I just drive like an ass?
Uh, that's what it's designed to do - so you don't have to manually adjust your speed when other cars are around. Change lanes to go around a slower car (which you would do normally), not sure what the big deal is?

We know that. Doesn't mean we don't want it though.

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Uh, that's what it's designed to do - so you don't have to manually adjust your speed when other cars are around. Change lanes to go around a slower car (which you would do normally), not sure what the big deal is?

We know that. Doesn't mean we don't want it though.
But I do have manually adjust my speed when it starts slowing me down at the first appearance of another car in my lane. I either have to pull out to the outside lane way before I need or intend to, or...slow down behind the slower car in front of me and let the train of traffic in the outside lane go flying by. Maybe it’s just the integration in my current car that is off, but it has spurned me forever against ACC.

I would prefer to maintain my preferred speed right up until the point that I need to pass another car, then move out and pass them without adjusting my speed. That would be perfect, but mine doesn’t work that way.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having an integrated garage door opener is important to me given this is a doorless vehicle. For similar reasons, having an integrated wireless charging pad is also nice. Extra USB ports is always nice, and in particular, having them up on the dash near the gadget rail is a plus.

I will primarily be using Android Auto for nav, but depending on the features of the nav (and trail nav) system, having touchscreen interface could be a BIG plus. Using these systems with dials and such is always a bit cumbersome.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But I do have manually adjust my speed when it starts slowing me down at the first appearance of another car in my lane. I either have to pull out to the outside lane way before I need or intend to, or...slow down behind the slower car in front of me and let the train of traffic in the outside lane go flying by. Maybe it’s just the integration in my current car that is off, but it has spurned me forever against ACC.

I would prefer to maintain my preferred speed right up until the point that I need to pass another car, then move out and pass them without adjusting my speed. That would be perfect, but mine doesn’t work that way.
Maybe the engineers did have ACC maintain top speed and whip around cars til the Ford legal dept stepped in. Most ACC systems aren't as polished as Tesla. Gotta go around the slowpokes.

tenor.gif
Sponsored