Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to own this:
f7d46dc45e756012b3d8b71e9f60c4f6-809113280.jpeg

For some idiotic reason, I sold it for a BMW M3 convertible.

I waited to see what the new Defender was going to be, and, well, it was a Discovery.

Then Ford came out with the Bronco, so now I own this:
1667433766983.png

I guess I have a "type."
I was about to post the exact same thing when I saw your post here. I had a deposit on the new 2dr Defender and was very excited for it until I came to the same conclusion. It's a Disco that you can't put 35"s on without cutting away the fender and is nearly 2x the cost of a more capable Bronco. I took my money back as soon as the Bronco was announced. 2dr CO being built this week.
Sponsored

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My grandfather, who raised me, had 2 of them when I was growing up. That meant a lot. The looks, the experience, the color. And, as many have said, the retro styling. My cars and now truck have always had a retro vibe to them. My cheeks hurt from grinning from ear to ear when I first test drove one (and I've been Mustang guy most my life). Don't hurt me for saying this, but it feels a bit like a mustang that grew up to be an even better truck. There is just something about the Bronco that makes me happy when I drive it. It's as if it is the "anti-road-rage" vehicle. I was stuck in traffic the other day and just smiling with the top down. Very grateful and thankful.

MrJimbo

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really want to take her out in a desert/sandy environment, I think that would be a blast. Problem is my wife is UV allergic and those places are generally UV death. I hope we can still give it a go some time though, The east coast has some cool places to visit, but the expansive open space in the middle of the country just draws me in.
Cover all your windows with Clear UV Protection film, even the front windshield. In the early morning and evenings you can roll the windows down and throw the top back. Mid day you batten down the hatches :)

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Open air, roof/doors off, fun with the whole family vehicle that's not a Jeep...

Really looking forward to it!

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used to own this:
f7d46dc45e756012b3d8b71e9f60c4f6-809113280.jpeg

For some idiotic reason, I sold it for a BMW M3 convertible.

I waited to see what the new Defender was going to be, and, well, it was a Discovery.

Then Ford came out with the Bronco, so now I own this:
1667433766983.png

I guess I have a "type.
I was about to post the exact same thing when I saw your post here. I had a deposit on the new 2dr Defender and was very excited for it until I came to the same conclusion. It's a Disco that you can't put 35"s on without cutting away the fender and is nearly 2x the cost of a more capable Bronco. I took my money back as soon as the Bronco was announced. 2dr CO being built this week.
I owned land rovers when they were capable off road now they are luxury vehicles with low profile tyres,who puts low profile tyres on an off-road vehicles

Sponsored

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I owned and loved an 80 series land cruiser, wheeled it hard, took it to amazing places, camped in epic spots, and it was a phenomenal vehicle. It was also difficult to drive cross country.

I also do all my own maintenance, and enjoy being in the garage. But. A 25 year old cruiser needs a lot of maintenance, I’m 53 years old and creakier than I used to be, and I have more money. I also never liked Jeeps.

The Bronco is the perfect solution. For the kind of off roading and camping I do, it does everything the cruiser could, with more comfort, more technology, way better on road manners, and it has a warranty. And I love the style. It’s the ideal choice.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IT is because it is a Bronco, REALLY a Bronco, not some poser. Like all it's predecessors, good on road, good off road and sized right. Within modern automotive design constraints, Ford did it just right.

Sponsored

Leatherman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a '76 that my father bought for me. We spent a lot of time on maintenance and going on trips. I had so many good times, but I reached a point where I had to part with it. Broncos remind me of good memories and I'd like to have a piece of that nostalgia. I don't have one and haven't even ordered yet, but I'm looking forward to the new adventures.

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

“IT” is everything I want in a vehicle:
2 doors (like any good sports car),
Manual transmission (a good one, not a junky econo-car job),
Convertible (but not one where my behind is only 12” off the road),
4-wheel drive (to get me through any unfavorable road conditions),
Commanding view of the road (once I experienced that there was no turning back).

…and as many described above- it’s just fun to drive. I find myself looking for reasons to go somewhere, and taking the long way on back roads.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
1) What is "it" for you?
It comes with a stick shift, and it's not 3" off the ground like a Mustang.

Edit to add: MPG of the Bronco is about 10% better than my last Mustang as well.

Busheytx

Big Bend
First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The “it” for me is just the look. Loved the old broncos even the bronco II. Saw the new gen 6 and jumped on it. I also like to hunt, fish and camp. Riding dirt roads is still fun even for an old man.

GEDII

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got to drive the wife's today and it's just fun. I'm not sure what it is, but I enjoy driving it. My BMW is way faster, way more comfortable, way fancier and better tech and while I wouldn't permanently trade her, I've already made a deal to drive it the rest of the week so there is something, I just can't put my finger on it.

The bad-
Divey on brakes
Horrendous MPG, I know it's an apples to nipples comparison, but I can go 100mph in the BMW and get 40mpg. I have much more power but the i6 just kills the ecoboost for economy. Granted, my tires are 15" smaller (that's insane to think) and the BMW is probably 1000lb lighter and not a literal brick and while I have AWD, I know the powertrain on the bronco is more parasitic too.
Stereo definitely needs upgrade

The good-
Just makes you smile
Pretty peppy for what it is
Instant boost from the little bitty turbskis
Can see everything in front of you sitting up so high
Great turning radius

I don't generally like "trucks" as they are just too big to me but this little joker is the perfect size, easy to maneuver and yet has the truck presence.

I also like that it just screams for modifications. It makes you want to get in there and tinker with it, that's pretty sweet, though I'm sure my budget won't appreciate it.

We ordered initially because we thought it looked awesome and my wife really liked the offroad portion of the BMW driving school we attended and we live pretty close to some good off-road trails that our previous cars didn't enjoy being taken down. After waiting for a year and a half I was half expecting to be a little indifferent but didn't care if she was happy. She's happy and I am too, it's a pretty sweet ride and totally worth the hype and the wait.

So, after the rambling 1 question and one point:

1) What is "it" for you?

And the point: Keep up the faith, you'll like it, no, probably love it, and if you don't you're in a decent spot for a while to not lose your ass on it if you don't!

PS- Got her muddy today at work, gonna have to wash it before I bring her home.
Nostalgia. Had a 74 Bronco back in the late 70s. Had to have the new one. Now that I have it (2021 Wildtrak
) I just love driving it. I feel it will go anywhere. In Lake Tahoe right now. First snowfall of the season and it is solid on the snow covered roads In 4A. It works great at curb hopping and car bumper jumping in the mall. LOL
Sponsored