Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Follow up...do you just need to drive once the rotation is done and things sync or do something different? I'm planning on making the 5 tire rotation part of my new home gym plan. We'll see if I have to call my son to put the spare up or if I crush myself underneath.
manual states to drive for a few minutes above speeds of 20 mph for the sensors to pick up the new location and update. It's automatic and you don't have to do anything other than move the tire to the new location.
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, just drive.

After I drove for a few minutes, I lowered the pressure on my left rear just to make sure it was showing in the correct position and it was.
That was going to be my test...just to confirm things were reading correctly. Smart move.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I 5 tire rotate my vehicles if they have a matching spare tire and wheel. If they don't then next time I buy tires I get 5 matching tires and find a matching wheel.

On a side note, I took my vehicle into the dealer to have them put it on the list for the windshield recall. While I was there I had them do an oil change and the technician failed to tighten all 4 bolts for the engine skid plate. I found this out while driving 900 miles and heard a new rattle when I closed my door at my destination. Not being a stranger to off-road vehicles I immediately looked under the vehicle for something loose. One bolt was missing and the other 3 were half way out. I tightened the ones that were still there.

On a side note, this is the same dealer that did the first oil change on my 2006 F350 and they failed to tighten the oil filter cap resulting in oil spewing all over the inside of the engine bay and onto the ground. :(

I guess they haven't changed in service quality in 16 years.

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, the two times I did a 5 tire rotation on the Bronco they re-learned their location very quickly.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Follow up...do you just need to drive once the rotation is done and things sync or do something different? I'm planning on making the 5 tire rotation part of my new home gym plan. We'll see if I have to call my son to put the spare up or if I crush myself underneath.
Yeah, it's not 2007 anymore and the garbage TPMS that came on my Expedition. ;-)

For around a decade now, Ford TPMS have auto-calibrated and auto connected. You just need to get up to 20 mph for a few minutes and they auto set themselves.

EazyCheezy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I rotate all 5 but otherwise I go to an actual mechanic and not the dealer. 🤣

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you take the TPMS off and have the sensor shut off in the truck? If the dealer won't do it does the Foreskin tool do that?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's insane that service departments at dealerships don't know what they are doing. I got an oil change and tire rotation a few months ago and admittedly, didn't check to make sure they did their job. A few weeks later I was messing around behind the bronco and realized the spare tire still had the colored lines on the tread, meaning they did not rotate in the spare tire. Haven't had time to go back but I'm due for another oil change soon so hoping they will rotate the spare in without charge since they missed it last time.

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went to my dealer this morning for my first oil change AND tire rotation. I told the service department rep that I would like ALL 5 TIRES ROTATED. She couldn't understand and called over another employee. The guy told me that NO ONE rotates 5 tires and you cannot do that. I showed them the 5 tire rotation for 4WD vehicles diagram below. After much huffing & puffing they agreed to do the rotation according to my diagram.

I was called back from the waiting area 20 minutes later and confronted by the service manager surrounded by his minions. He informed me that the spare does NOT contain a TPMS sensor. I could rotate the spare, but the vehicle would not display it's pressure AND I would have a constant tire warning light. They explained I could buy a sensor, have it installed which would be expensive now and every time I rotated the tires. I caved and said just do the 4 tire rotation.

THE FACTS: Bronco spare (5th) wheels DO HAVE TPMS sensors!

I found the FORD video below while in the waiting room that clearly states 1.11 into the video that "The spare tire on your Bronco also has a TPMS sensor". I went back to service and grabbed the one guy who seemed to have a brain and showed him the Ford video. He smiled and lit up and we agreed the guys in the garage would test the spare to see if they got a TPMS reading. 15 minutes later he comes up to me and says 'we can do the 5 tire rotation' I wanted. They easily found the sensor reading inside the spare. He apologized for their mistake.

Question everything!

Curious: For your Bronco, do you guys 1) rotate 5 tires 2) rotate 4 tires 3) do not rotate

Ford Bronco 5 Tire Rotation - Bronco TPMS Sensors -The FACTS 3o6Mb2RhG9y4MfjIJ
I don’t know anyone that does it either.

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I painted my wheels, and put them back on, the sensors were all screwed up. Tire pressure readings were changing. In one instance the driver front said 11 pounds!
Once I drove the truck, everything was normal.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you take the TPMS off and have the sensor shut off in the truck? If the dealer won't do it does the Foreskin tool do that?
Yes you can from what I have seen on the Forescan thread.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I decided to not do a 5-tire rotation. I'll treat it like a spare in my other vehicles...I don't rotate those spares either. Sure, I'll lose a little life, not I'll only buy 4 new tires instead of 5 down the road.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
How are you getting your first oil change? haven't you had your first second Bronco for almost a year now?
Went over the 4000 mile mark today coming back from the dealer. And yes, got this one first week of January last year.
Sponsored