Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you explain your reasoning , Im on the fence about Badlands and wanted to hear your opinion from this statement
If the only difference between the Badlands suspension and the Sasquatch suspension is a 10mm spacer, it's not worth giving up the manual transmission just to get a Sasquatch package. The Badlands has everything the Sasquatch would have except for the spacer and the 35's/wheels/flares which are easily added.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm a Buckeye...so maybe I should have rephrased that, I would do more harm to something maize & blue than something blue & orange.
That's funny: I am down to Cyber Orange Metallic or Antimatter Blue for some reason ...

Reactions: DHC
OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the only difference between the Badlands suspension and the Sasquatch suspension is a 10mm spacer, it's not worth giving up the manual transmission just to get a Sasquatch package. The Badlands has everything the Sasquatch would have except for the spacer and the 35's/wheels/flares which are easily added.
Very similar to my discussion with the driver... He agreed that if Manual is a priority, we will still have an option (maybe not directly from Ford), but to get 35's relatively easily.

That being said, I tried everything I could to sneak in hints about the potential announcement of Sasquatch with manual. I got a lot of interesting "can't comment on that" remarks with laughter and statements like, "yes, as of now the Sasquatch is not available with the manual". That doesn't mean it's necessarily coming for this first year... But I think we haven't heard the last in regards to this combo.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I heard a whisper talk that a ford rep said to somebody at the last event that white tops will not available for the first model year.

While we received confirmation that white tops will be available from another source, they never said for the first model year. Fords been kind of shifty in the way they state things, so I really hope this ain’t true.

OP - Any discussion around that?

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I
I heard a whisper talk that a ford rep said to somebody at the last event that white tops will not available for the first model year.

While we received confirmation that white tops will be available from another source, they never said for the first model year. Fords been kind of shifty in the way they state things, so I really hope this ain’t true.

I have not had a chance to get into any white top discussions with them.

Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very similar to my discussion with the driver... He agreed that if Manual is a priority, we will still have an option (maybe not directly from Ford), but to get 35's relatively easily.

That being said, I tried everything I could to sneak in hints about the potential announcement of Sasquatch with manual. I got a lot of interesting "can't comment on that" remarks with laughter and statements like, "yes, as of now the Sasquatch is not available with the manual". That doesn't mean it's necessarily coming for this first year... But I think we haven't heard the last in regards to this combo.
That all makes perfect sense with how Ford has been "communicating" about a manual Sasquatch. I think it'll either be a "year 2" upgrade or they are saving the grand announcement for the B&P to get even more attention and praise.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tagged him so maybe he'll chip in. I think he said they were loose enough to open the hood.

Or, I could be remembering shit that never happened haha
Sorry, they didn't open the hood for me. The hood will definitely open a bit, but the limb risers are angled, so it appeared to me that the hood won't open more than a few inches.

The rep didn't like confirming the "negative" questions that I asked. :rolleyes:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't that what the lux package is supposed to address? Perhaps I had the wrong idea too. Doesnt affect my reservation
It doesn't seem to change the interior trim level at all, just the electronics. I could be wrong.

Sorry, they didn't open the hood for me. The hood will definitely open a bit, but the limb risers are angled, so it appeared to me that the hood won't open more than a few inches.

The rep didn't like confirming the "negative" questions that I asked. :rolleyes:
Welp, I'm definitely remembering wrong then. My head canon is so much better than reality ?

Last edited:

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. Even if adding rubberized flooring to the cargo area is an option, that’s still disappointing due to the absence of drain plugs in the rear cargo area. Not to mention, for Black Diamond & Badlands this should be standard.

How could you have the foresight to offer such a cool option of marine grade interior & rubberized flooring with drain plugs and not extend this feature into the rear cargo area?

If this is the reality, then for a design which has boasted such granular attention to detail, I would view this as a significant oversight. Annoying...
So, who else thinks there is going to be someone who resorts to this as their solution for drain holes and waterproof flooring... ;-)

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) 1599834260938
Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) 1599834253403

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hope that isn’t true- it will disappoint many potential buyers.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CE60D6E1-0BAD-4F7C-8750-C3B123552280.png

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If there isn't a white top, I am not buying. I really can't see how you can do Bronco and not have a white top.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ah, I see. Seems like they all match (at least one of the colors on) the badges with the exception of Wildtrak.

edit: I'm guessing they want the Badlands to have its own unique color. Seems like every other manufacturer's "hardcore" off-road trim is red
I really really hope theres a RED trim/accent color option for Badlands (or WildTrak).