Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Wonder how comfortable the bronco will be at 80mph cause that's my average. At least I won't be death wobbling. It's awesome that they put the bronco on the lift after a day of hard riding to see what happened and fix the problem.
If it’s anything like the past it’ll be pretty damn smooth. I’m not sure how the mud tires and Sasquatch will differ but I assume mud tires and suspension might make it a bit tougher . Someone correct me if I’m wrong
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope the poor sap rock star who has to read through all of this for their job is a masochist.
They might have gotten the job due to misbehaving at work.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford needs to make the trim badges nice looking emblems. Not stickers! Stickers will minimize the whole trim level concept. If the trim badge is a sticker on my Badlands? The first thing I'm going to do is take a heat gun to them, and peel them off!
I'd just as soon have a sticker over a badge. A badge can get damaged cleaning and are also prime items to be stolen.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm definitely wondering what the sound deadening for the hardtop will look like. Is it like the mopar and other aftermarket kits that just sit in the indentations in the roof? Or is it more substantial than that?

Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always considered that a flaw in the Smart Phone. If it was so "smart", it would default all video being captured horizontally regardless of how the phone is held. The horizontal capture could only be overridden by the user at the start of a recording.
I didn't know it was the only way for FB, I don't do the FB. I know in my work (stunts) we use our phones a lot to film a rehearsal to show the director to see if we are on the right path. Vertical filming is never appreciated...

Thanks again for sharing the video... (y)
The old landscape vs. portrait standards have been changed by social media. Gone is the understanding of how the human eye views the world (wide angle side to side with narrow vertical angle). The default settings on the phone have been forever changed by the tendency of people to hold their phones vertically when viewing most things. The manufactures know this and made adjustments to defaults just as the medial companies have made adjustments to content. For work, I have to teach basic photography to people that don't know what a real camera is. "It looked good on my phone" is a common rebuttal. We occasionally make everyone sit through a basic document layout refresher class.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was a bit concerned about this too so I re-watched the video that Last Line of Defense posted of the 2 door Bronco. At about the 8 minute mark you can get a view of the drain plugs in the back.

In the pics of the bodies outside the plant, you can see the holes in at least 3 of them.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's great that they are willing to hear us out. But as we all know in politics, not much may actually come out of that. Unfortunately, it also sounds like B&P will get delayed. For all we know, the B&P timeline is slipping and they are creating this session as something to lean on. i.e. based on all of your feedback during September's FAQ, we will be delaying the B&P to incorporate some additional requests (then actually change very little) and give themselves another month of breathing room while trying to look like the good guys...in my mind, they have until near the end of October to release the B&P before the dealer change deadline until they start really pissing people off. So yes, they may get comfortable slipping another month.
If Ford is reading here, they must think they've got most everything wrong and are taking a step back to figure out what customers really want. That could very well delay things if that's the case.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree. The Ford F-series is the highest selling vehicle for the past 40 years. The Bronco will not be that level of iconic. They CAN take significant market share from Jeep which has zero vehicles in the top ten and is the most vulnerable automaker.
Agreed on the preeminence of the F-150 in the ford hierarchy. However, if the bronco realizes its potential and is cultivated over time, I believe that eventually the three most important vehicles in the modern ford family will be the F-150, Mustang and the bronco.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe that eventually the three most important vehicles in the modern ford family will be the F-150, Mustang and the bronco.
I think a lot depends on how the Big 3 weather electrification. Finance experts are already telling GM to spin off their battery stuff as financial ratios will be quite different in that segment. No doubt the Big 3 would like to transition to electrification - but that's far from a sure thing at present.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Part of the problem is many of the parts are hand made in some garage and not by the vendor that will ultimately produce them. Perhaps, Ford is making a mistake by showing closeups of these early examples since so many don't seem to understand that many things are just place holders to have an assembled vehicle to test things still needing to be tested.
Or maybe we-not ford-are the problem. We are all hungry for more, more, more photos, color swatches, rumors, etc. Without controlling our own restraint about jumping to conclusions about pre-production, franken whatevers. If ford monitors this site, they are probably laughing their heads off at us all.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think a lot depends on how the Big 3 weather electrification. Finance experts are already telling GM to spin off their battery stuff as financial ratios will be quite different in that segment. No doubt the Big 3 would like to transition to electrification - but that's far from a sure thing at present.
I recently saw that GM bought into the Nikola pickup and now own 11%
Sponsored