Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"The Bronco's digital tachometer, however, is small and difficult to read, particularly as it's too similar to the fuel-level indicator."

The dash layout is a major pet peeve of mine, especially after seeing the Braptor tachometer.
I want that one. Old school analog, can't be beat imho.

Noise level is a non issue for me, maybe they made improvements in the last 12 months?
I can make a call at any speed with no noise problem.

Very disappointed they didn't install a brake hold system, would've been useful on the trail too.
NORMAL driving mode doesn't show you which gear you are in.....lame. As is Auto/start/stop.
No SPORT mode on the Badlands....SUPER LAME!
Ugliest engine bay I've ever laid eyes on. Luckily I don't have to see it very often.

Ride quality, brake sensitivity, 10 speed transmission and 2.7 POWER are light years ahead of my (now sold) 2006 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Gobs of torque.

Baja mode is a BLAST.
Rock climbing capability so far has been impressive.
Steering is spot on, no wandering.
I think the B&O sound system is amazing.
Never had Apple CarPlay before...way cool.

I smile every time I head out of the driveway........
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went straight for the premium. I don't see a reason to do anything else.
Cost vs benefit. I personally didn’t notice a big enough change to warrant to fancy stuff. It also didn’t improve mpg.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Read this is easy to add with FORSCAN. Plan to do it myself once adapter arrives.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cost vs benefit. I personally didn’t notice a big enough change to warrant to fancy stuff. It also didn’t improve mpg.
That's where I'm at. Slow vs slightly less slow but paying 20% more, not worth it. I've seen minor mpg improvements here and there but not enough to offset the cost.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's where I'm at. Slow vs slightly less slow but paying 20% more, not worth it. I've seen minor mpg improvements here and there but not enough to offset the cost.
Swooshdave is a very rich man. That Bronco’s been dipped in premium! Costs are nothing, his accountants in New York handle that. :ROFLMAO:

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife and I love our Basesquatch. Stock, 0 mods. We don't complain about wind noise, the base stereo, nothing to complain about. Unfortunately we don't get to drive it much as I drive a lot to and from work and use a commuter car and my wife works from home.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the wind noise bothers you either you have something loose or you probably shouldn’t be driving a Bronco in the first place. It’s just not that bad.
It's established that they are wildly unique in wind noise. If you got a quiet one, be happy.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
"This thing rules! It made driving in the snow fun and adventurous instead of stressful and nerve-racking."

That’s a big reason I got mine, to use as my winter daily driver.

@luntz you sold off an 06 LJR! 😳 Wish I would have known so I could have put in an offer. That’s the holy grail of jeeps imo.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reading how much others love the Bronco definitely feels good. C&D seems like they've been a fan since day 1, and have enjoyed every one they've gotten time with.

I imagine the key reason for forgoing the Blackwings and the Porsche for the Bronco is Michigan winters. While snow tires can give you traction, there's no replacement for ride height in actual snow.

Regarding the cabin noise, I drove other Broncos before I pulled the trigger on my Wildtrak. My experience reflects C&Ds. With the exception of a 2-door base model that did not have the roof insulation, the wind noise was the same in all of them.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's established that they are wildly unique in wind noise. If you got a quiet one, be happy.
I’m know you are right. But I can’t help but wonder “why”?

If some Broncos are quiet and some Broncos are not - that implies to me that somebody should be able to “fix” a noisy Bronco to make it match a quiet one. In other words - it’s not some design flaw. It’s gotta be something loose or not installed correctly on that specific vehicle.

But then there is the human side of this equation: what, exactly, is the definition of “noisy”? Like beauty, noise is in the ear of the beholder. I’m sure your wife is a real looker. But you realize that there are some men out there who might be thinking “why did he marry that dog”?

My comment about “maybe you shouldn’t drive a Bronco” was aimed more at these types.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"The Bronco's digital tachometer, however, is small and difficult to read, particularly as it's too similar to the fuel-level indicator."

The dash layout is a major pet peeve of mine, especially after seeing the Braptor tachometer.
I want that one. Old school analog, can't be beat imho.

Noise level is a non issue for me, maybe they made improvements in the last 12 months?
I can make a call at any speed with no noise problem.

Very disappointed they didn't install a brake hold system, would've been useful on the trail too.
NORMAL driving mode doesn't show you which gear you are in.....lame. As is Auto/start/stop.
Ugliest engine bay I've ever laid eyes on. Luckily I don't have to see it very often.

Ride quality, brake sensitivity, 10 speed transmission and 2.7 POWER are light years ahead of my (now sold) 2006 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Gobs of torque.

Baja mode is a BLAST.
Rock climbing capability so far has been impressive.
Steering is spot on, no wandering.
I think the B&O sound system is amazing.
Never had Apple CarPlay before...way cool.

I smile every time I head out of the driveway........
Forscan is pretty quick and painless to add sport mode. But the first time using it might make anyone a bit nervous.

Sport mode should've been included in sasquatch, silly to not. It's good, I like it, but I use it maybe 5% of the time. If Ford applies an OTA that resets it, I'd be in no rush to add it back.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I find that interesting that people feel they can't make calls with the top on. I don't have a problem making a call with the top off. I can hear them and they can hear me.
It's not interesting, it rather sucks ass. I fought a long time to decrease the noise with the hardtop. I was able to get it quieter, but I know that it's still not as quiet as some. It's now about equal with the factory soft top in a brand new 2023.