Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Big selling point was that you can get it in 7 speed for me. I've only got 2k miles but no noise, first I've heard of this is there a YouTube or some video demonstrating this?
Sponsored

NirWheels

Base
First Name
Nir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kind of agree with you on the knob, after a long day in the woods, or even making the mistake of venturing into the city where there is traffic, my palm gets sore.
I assume the leather version is a bit better than the plastic one that feels like a sandpaper. I hope someone will make a stainless steel knob sometime soon.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The crawl gear makes the MT worth it, you can stay in 2H and gear down when conditions call for it without having to drop down to 4L.
I use crawl to drive into the garage. Pop it into C and idle in.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

no

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

100% yes, going on 11k miles. Heard the noise maybe 4-5 times this winter. It's an absolute joy to drive.

Broncogirl66

Badlands
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23" manual 2dr SAS, HPR 2" lift BDS suspenion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the option to buy a badlands with the 7 speed. Question is, with all the problems people are having with the manual trans, do I get it or keep looking for an auto? How wide spread is the issue?
go with the automatic my manual only had 1600 miles when it failed and they are not covering it so I am already looking to trade mine in when i get it back.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 10,500 on my manual, and no complaints at all that would amount to much.

Yes, I've heard the grinding noise (if that's what it is) a few times. First start of the day when backing out in cold weather, then it goes away.

I think a manual is always a simpler, less maintenance transmission, and coupled with the 2.3L engine is the better Bronco set up all around. Just one freaks opinion.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The crawl gear makes the MT worth it, you can stay in 2H and gear down when conditions call for it without having to drop down to 4L.
Mine has the noise but hasn’t gotten worse, in wait and see mode to see what Ford does about it, hasn’t stopped me from driving it.
I use the crawler gear in the bumper-to-bumper traffic I encounter on my daily commute. I don't have to touch the throttle, just slowly release the clutch pedal. Makes life with a manual even easier.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

go with the automatic my manual only had 1600 miles when it failed and they are not covering it so I am already looking to trade mine in when i get it back.
What was the reason Ford gave you for the failure? Seems insane that they wouldn't cover a transmission with only 1600 miles.

Sponsored

Tony4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 EB Bronco 2021 BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the option to buy a badlands with the 7 speed. Question is, with all the problems people are having with the manual trans, do I get it or keep looking for an auto? How wide spread is the issue?
I would not buy it right now unless you can get the vehicle at a great price. The auto is fantastic, well sorted out now and your vehicle will have higher resale value for sure. That said I love manuals but obviously Ford has some issue with theirs. Most likely it will be improved in the near future.

pveoq

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, '84 Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd do it again! These things are so capable they can practically wheel themselves. The manual makes me feel needed 😂

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont notice anything with mine and wouldnt consider a Bronco without a manual, period.

29k miles in 15 months

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not buy it right now unless you can get the vehicle at a great price. The auto is fantastic, well sorted out now and your vehicle will have higher resale value for sure. That said I love manuals but obviously Ford has some issue with theirs. Most likely it will be improved in the near future.
if I wanted an Auto, Id get a 4runner
Sponsored