Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will still try to occasionally connect to my wife’s phone even though I’m in the car and she’s in the house. No matter how calmly I explain to the truck that it’s MY Bronco it still misbehaves.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco->Settings->Phone List. Press the button that looks like a little play button to the right of your phone listing. That almost always works for me.

But once or twice, I’ve had to hit the little phone button to disconnect the bluetooth totally - then hit it again to reconnect.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It will still try to occasionally connect to my wife’s phone even though I’m in the car and she’s in the house. No matter how calmly I explain to the truck that it’s MY Bronco it still misbehaves.
So you have two phones paired. I haven’t played with that feature yet, not sure if there is a prioritization

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep. Connects about 30% of the time and wireless CarPlay never works.

Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep. Connects about 30% of the time and wireless CarPlay never works.
Sounds like a bug in the duality feature. You may want to have a chat with Ford. When I get around to implementing. Software always has untested features and not well understood functionality

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you have two phones paired. I haven’t played with that feature yet, not sure if there is a prioritization
Actually three if you count the kid’s phone too. In my wife’s Mustang it seems you can set a priority but I can’t find one in the Bronco.

OP
OP
Waverider

Waverider

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco->Settings->Phone List. Press the button that looks like a little play button to the right of your phone listing. That almost always works for me.

But once or twice, I’ve had to hit the little phone button to disconnect the bluetooth totally - then hit it again to reconnect.
Thank you. Every time I try that it just spins for a while then tells me it can’t connect. The phone is connected wirelessly using whatever the default Ford method. Just not CarPlay.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you. Every time I try that it just spins for a while then tells me it can’t connect. The phone is connected wirelessly using whatever the default Ford method. Just not CarPlay.
Not had this problem myself. But I did find this on the web. If you haven’t already, might want to go through some of the suggestions here. Other than that - I dunno
https://www.lifewire.com/fix-carplay-not-working-5088800

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I've had good luck here, wireless Carplay almost always works well for me, although the amount of time it takes to connect varies up to what seems like 20 or 30 seconds. A few notes:

1. Make sure you restart your phone every now and then. I've found lots of goofy stuff with my phone can be solved by restarting.

2. If you leave the vehicle with you phone in your pocket, it will disconnect and not reconnect automatically, This has happened to me when I pull the Bronco out of the garage then go back inside to get a kid.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My problem has been with wired CarPlay. Wireless works fine. If I plug the phone in before starting the Bronco it’s hit or miss whether CarPlay connects and a real pain to get it to connect when it doesn’t.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have found the Bluetooth connectivity is 99.9% (I don’t remember it ever not connecting, but it could have happened and I didn’t notice) successsful and wireless carplay is about 60%. Sometimes I have to go to apps->carplay and click the logo and that works. Sometimes I just have to wait until I restart the car.

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have had my Bronco well over a year now, wireless carplay worked seemlessly until about 3 months ago. Now, about 50-60% connectivity. Only a single phone paired. I usually have to do a combination of doing the a Ford Sync reset while driving, or turn my iphone on and off. One or the other usually does it, but a huge pain to have happen almost half of the time you start it up.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just got mine 3 weeks ago. First week of ownership it worked great. Last two weeks it will not connect wirelessly at all. Always get "Apple CarPlay Not Connected" error. Will try the sync reset via power & seek.
Sponsored