Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Citing "technical reasons" implies there's a problem to be solved or a mechanical limitation to be overcome. The trans can handle the torque, they just need to cast a different bellhousing. This isn't a multi-year process to design out a brand new drivetrain and overcome a whole bunch of limitations of existing hardware.
Or, there are. The actual torque at the tire in the lowest gear (crawler for manual 2.3L and first for the auto 2.7L) as multiplied through the entire drivetrain is almost identical. That could imply that there were ratings they were being mindful of in designing the systems. Going to the manual behind the additional torque of the V6 may push something else (transfer case, differential, CV joints, etc.) beyond the limits they are comfortable with. That's not to mention that the particular configuration of the transmission they chose for the 2.3L is right at the very limit of the torque the V6 can produce. So, no. It may have far more variables than simply machining up a new bellhousing. At the very least, they'd have to upgrade the transmission. But it very well could be a cascading effect of finding the next weakest link. That's why it will take some time and money, if it ever happens at all. Ford has to stick a warranty on these things and make a profit. If a significant change to any system creates a chain of other potential issues it may not be worth the investment, especially for a configuration that will have an abysmal take rate. A small group of enthusiasts clamoring for it does not equate to its potential to sell to the general public.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The skeptic in me thinks it always has been an option/plan and this was just a marketing "We are listening" gimmick.
They need to Listen for demand of a Green and Tan colors in the lineup.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, since they are listening. I want a base model, with the 7.3, 7spd, dana 60s. On 37's, with 12inch nav, and all the fancy off road stuff. Oh. And heated steering wheel, that also cools in the summer.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

well at least it puts to rest the BL keeping the disconnect with Sasquatch question.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Excellent. Antimatter BaseSquatch manual here I come.

Edit to add conspiracy theory: maybe this was a marketing tactic of some sort to see if they could "get away" with not offering it, and after seeing people really wanted it they just hit the "OK" button.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep wasn't building to reservations though.

Apples to oranges.
True, I was stating the first Jeeps that came off were the most commonly bought. Ford doubled the First Editions and they're most likely starting product of the top 3 trims. I doubt they are doing the reservations on the order they got them

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Confirmed: Manual + Sasquatch Bronco, October Build & Price! BP

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True, I was stating the first Jeeps that came off were the most commonly bought. Ford doubled the First Editions and they're most likely starting product of the top 3 trims. I doubt they are doing the reservations on the order they got them
Saying "most likely" is a bit of a stretch. We literally have no idea exactly how Ford will build. They say they will build to reservations. At this point there's no reason to assume they will build the higher trims, other than FE of course, first.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's great, but why didn't their crack design team have that as an option from day one? Did they just think there would be no interest in the manual? It really is great as I will be getting a lower trim with squatch and getting to keep the manual, but it makes me wonder how well they understand their customers.
While it may be giving too much credit to the marketing team, maybe it was always in the deck, and they wanted to gin up some “this is a fan-made car”/ “we listen to enthusiasts” to score some marketing points.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So will it be a 2022?
I hope not. But with a purchase this expensive I want to get what I want .....even at the expense of time. Sucks though.

Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

since Halloween is cancelled this year, do we have to 'Trick or Treat' for the B&P on Halloween?
By October includes October.

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are we going to be able to order ManSquash in December 2020 with delivery of late 2021 or is the ManSquash available to order in 2021?

This is great news by the way....I guess the B&P is worth the wait then (y)
Sponsored