Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2dr and MT is why I’m here. Would be less interested if I had to get a 4dr or auto, but would be a definite no to both. I’d even take a 2dr on the 4dr chassis like an old Scout.
Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sticking with the 2door, mainly because of price, but also because my rear seat in my Fusion rarely gets used. Before I selected the Bronco as my next vehicle I was looking at Dodge challengers (hence 2door). I don't have kids & no wife to tell me what I need either lol

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will be going with the 2-Door and yet I have a family of four like many here. Both of my kids are under 1yr old in rear facing car seats and I drop them off at G'ma's every morning on my way to work. Will I be complaining that I will have to climb in the back every morning to "click" in the kid's car seats? Yes, probably. Will that frown turn upside down when I put the vehicle into drive and exit my driveway with my kids in the back? Hell yeah! When they are old enough to walk and climb, they will be using the rear tires as steps to get in when the top is off just like I did when I was a kid with my Dad. You don't have to stop living just because you have kids. Will my back pay for it in the long run? Probably, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Life is just too short to not enjoy the small and sometimes annoying things.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you've already made good points about why you should be driving a bigger vehicle. Two door works for me because it is essentially just me, I'm not looking to drive the family around in it. And if I do put some family members in the Bronco, with a Yakima rack on top, I can load coolers or whatever I might want

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sticking with 2dr. Mostly gonna be me solo, at most 2 of us, exploring and camping. If I can't fit in then I don't need it.
This is the answer. I couldn't imagine needing a 4D if I was just solo camping. You don't need enough stuff to fill a 4D.

Even if it was just me and another I would struggle to fill a 2D.

To each their own but I think the less stuff you can bring the better.

Sponsored

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will be going with the 2-Door and yet I have a family of four like many here. Both of my kids are under 1yr old in rear facing car seats and I drop them off at G'ma's every morning on my way to work. Will I be complaining that I will have to climb in the back every morning to "click" in the kid's car seats? Yes, probably. Will that frown turn upside down when I put the vehicle into drive and exit my driveway with my kids in the back? Hell yeah! When they are old enough to walk and climb, they will be using the rear tires as steps to get in when the top is off just like I did when I was a kid with my Dad. You don't have to stop living just because you have kids. Will my back pay for it in the long run? Probably, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Life is just too short to not enjoy the small and sometimes annoying things.
A lot of those click in Child seats only work until they turn 1. Between 1 and 2 you will likely be stuck with the Convertible style seat, rear facing. If you have 2 of those side by side back there you will end up having to throw them over the back of the car seat and in lol. Or just leave the roof off and load them in from the side!

I'm just happy that by the time I can get a Bronco, both of mine will just need a booster

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wives are pushing me towards a 4-door as well for having the extra room on camping trips. It'll be my daily so I could get away with a 2-door 95+% of the time.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not both? There are 3 of us in my fam, I get the 2Dr, I drop my son off every day right now in a 2dr bronco, and the wife wants the 4dr to replace the 4runner.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A lot of those click in Child seats only work until they turn 1. Between 1 and 2 you will likely be stuck with the Convertible style seat, rear facing. If you have 2 of those side by side back there you will end up having to throw them over the back of the car seat and in lol. Or just leave the roof off and load them in from the side!

I'm just happy that by the time I can get a Bronco, both of mine will just need a booster
I'm fine with doing whatever I need to do, no matter how goofy I look lol. I'll have maybe a year of headache, then things will only get better from there.

Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If someone has a large enough family with grown children who can all enjoy the Bronco together, thankfully there’s the 4dr. And properly attired it is very handsome!

Reasons like a slide out tray or power seats are not particularly convincing at least for me.

And as far as the argument for more storage area is concerned, those who like to take lots of “things “ with them will find even the 4dr limiting.

For some less is more but for others more is more!?

I find the looks of the 2dr irresistible.?

If there was no 2dr I would be unlikely to get a Bronco.

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've bounded between the two so many times in cross eyed now! I've made up my mind since I won't be doing any over landing
Sticking with the 2 door. Retired and this is a 3rd vehicle. We will always have a nice 4 door something.
I'm not retried yet but will also be my 3rd vehicle so I'm sticking with the 2 door. Not to mention the cost difference pays for half of my sasquatch!

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why not both? There are 3 of us in my fam, I get the 2Dr, I drop my son off every day right now in a 2dr bronco, and the wife wants the 4dr to replace the 4runner.
Now, this is the correct answer!
Get a 2 Door Squatch of your choice and a 4 door OBX or WT with all the fancy pants stuff. Make memories!
Sponsored