First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A couple of questions....My dealer hasnt replied yet. Probably going to give them another day or so and if I dont hear back make a switch. Not hearing back at all is concerning.

So when we make the switch the dealer refunds the 100 dollar deposit? Does Granger charge a new one?

Would Granger take a trade in on a new bronco reserved? I'm 50/50 on this one...
If so could all the numbers be worked out before driving it out there with vehicle info/pictures?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple of questions....My dealer hasnt replied yet. Probably going to give them another day or so and if I dont hear back make a switch. Not hearing back at all is concerning.

So when we make the switch the dealer refunds the 100 dollar deposit? Does Granger charge a new one?

Would Granger take a trade in on a new bronco reserved? I'm 50/50 on this one...
If so could all the numbers be worked out before driving it out there with vehicle info/pictures?

Thanks.
Yes, $100 reservation deposit is credited to you and no, the new dealer does not charge a new one.

I'm not sure about trade-ins so adding @Granger Ford for info on that.

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There has been A LOT of confusion on X-Plan, invoice, and fees so let me take a shot at clearing some things up (please correct me if any of this is wrong). If this is correct, I'll add it to the original post for reference:

Basic example if the invoice price (not MSRP) comes to $50,000:
  • Standard X-Plan: $50,000 x .996 = $49,800 + $275 admin fee +$100 DOC fee = $50,175
  • Granger offer: $50,000 - $1,300 + $45 transit fee +$100 DOC fee = $48,845
  • Difference of $1,330
Some dealers may require additional dealer installed accessories (i.e. paint protection, undercoat, car alarm, their own financing terms, etc.) so just because they say they will honor the X-Plan, does not mean that they cannot add things and force you to pay for them – make sure you get it in writing that they will not require anything in addition to factory. From what I've read, @Granger Ford will not be requiring add-ons like this.

One other thing to remember is group shipping to Denver, CO is an estimated $425 (or more if one-off shipping). Obviously, the extra cost for going to Granger and bringing the Bronco back on your own will vary as well. A number of folks are approaching this like a mini-vacation and adventure by going to Granger to get their Bronco.

Lastly, the amount above does not include the destination fee (roughly $1,500) and sales and use taxes (which are based on where you live – not where you buy).

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks.
Trade-in is addressed in this thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-–-trade-in-guide.3870/

One thing I am not sure is whether we will be eligible for the tax credit for the trade-in when the transaction is out of state, this could be a good amount of savings based on the trade-in value. I am planning to trade-in my 2017 JKUR which could save me around $2400 in taxes (8% of $30,000 trade0in) value.

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There has been A LOT of confusion on X-Plan, invoice, and fees so let me take a shot at clearing some things up (please correct me if any of this is wrong). If this is correct, I'll add it to the original post for reference:

Basic example if the invoice price (not MSRP) comes to $50,000:
  • Standard X-Plan: $50,000 x .996 = $49,800 + $275 admin fee +$100 DOC fee = $50,175
  • Granger offer: $50,000 - $1,300 + $45 transit fee +$100 DOC fee = $48,845
  • Difference of $1,330
Some dealers may require additional dealer installed accessories (i.e. paint protection, undercoat, car alarm, their own financing terms, etc.) so just because they say they will honor the X-Plan, does not mean that they cannot add things and force you to pay for them – make sure you get it in writing that they will not require anything in addition to factory. From what I've read, @Granger Ford will not be requiring add-ons like this.

One other thing to remember is group shipping to Denver, CO is an estimated $425 (or more if one-off shipping). Obviously, the extra cost for going to Granger and bringing the Bronco back on your own will vary as well. A number of folks are approaching this like a mini-vacation and adventure by going to Granger to get their Bronco.

Lastly, the amount above does not include the destination fee (roughly $1,500) and sales and use taxes (which are based on where you live – not where you buy).
The calculation shown here looks correct and is aligned with @North7 's spreadsheet in the thread below. For true savings transportation cost also should be taken into account.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...eet-x-plan-vs-invoice-and-below-invoice.2319/

Sponsored
OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trade-in is addressed in this thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-–-trade-in-guide.3870/

One thing I am not sure is whether we will be eligible for the tax credit for the trade-in when the transaction is out of state, this could be a good amount of savings based on the trade-in value. I am planning to trade-in my 2017 JKUR which could save me around $2400 in taxes (8% of $30,000 trade0in) value.
The calculation shown here looks correct and is aligned with @North7 's spreadsheet in the thread below. For true savings transportation cost also should be taken into account.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...eet-x-plan-vs-invoice-and-below-invoice.2319/
Thanks! Updated the original post with both.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I'm not sure if any of the Broncos from this group will be left for shipping from Granger by the time I get mine (I didn't reserve until about two weeks ago), I'm assuming that I might not be able to save any money on shipping by combining with the rest of you. So, I've already planned out how I want to drive back to the Denver area in order to a) avoid highways during the break in period, and b) actually see something scenic unlike the drive on I-80, a.k.a. the quickest way between Granger and Denver.

The quickest way between Granger and my house on Google Maps with the "Avoid Highways" option selected is 12 hours and 5 minutes, but doesn't go through anything particularly pretty. Nebraska has a couple of marked scenic routes in the North of the state according to this site, so it looks like I can do (with very minimal interstate driving):

Iowa Highway 141 NW out of Granger all the way to Smithland, Iowa
Old Highway 141 NW to near Sioux CIty, Iowa
US Highway 20 West to Willis, Nebraska
NE Highway 12 West to Valentine, Nebraska
US Highway 20 West to Van Tassell, Wyoming
Wyoming Highway 159 South to Torrington, Wyoming
US Highway 85 South to Colorado and points beyond

This route hits the Outlaw Trail (scenic bluffs, waterfalls, a city with a population of 1, and buffalo herds) as well as the Bridges to Buttes Highway (Agate Fossil Beds National Monument, and the Sandhills).

Ford Bronco Colorado Group Buy with Granger SmithFalls_BywaysTripPics_EmilieBouvier_44

Ford Bronco Colorado Group Buy with Granger monowi

Ford Bronco Colorado Group Buy with Granger Agathe_National_Monument10

Ford Bronco Colorado Group Buy with Granger rare-13-3

According to Google Maps, that puts me at 14 hours and 33 minutes, or only a little over 2 hours longer than the quickest non-highway route. For me, since I'm a road trip nerd, well worth it to see something a little prettier.

Also, if you wanted to break the trip up into two about equal days, Valentine, Nebraska has a couple of hotels (Super 8 and others).

Just thought I'd put this out there for anyone switching to Granger but contemplating flying out and driving home instead.

Chris

Last edited:

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Updated the original post with both.
Are we sure Granger doesn't have the $275 admin fee? I don't remember seeing that unless I'm blind (which is very likely the case).

Chris

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we sure Granger doesn't have the $275 admin fee? I don't remember seeing that unless I'm blind (which is very likely the case).

Chris
If you mean the $275 X-Plan fee, then yes, they have to charge that per Ford's very strict X-Plan rules. But the extra $300 in their offer to X-Plan folks is aimed at covering that added cost, which non-X-Plan buyers don't have to pay.

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iowa Highway 141 NW out of Granger all the way to Smithland, Iowa
Old Highway 141 NW to near Sioux CIty, Iowa
US Highway 20 West to Willis, Nebraska
NE Highway 12 West to Valentine, Nebraska
US Highway 20 West to Van Tassell, Wyoming
Wyoming Highway 159 South to Torrington, Wyoming
US Highway 85 South to Colorado and points beyond
Chalk Pyramids and Tall Grass Prairie in Kansas are couple of others which can be added to the list:

Image Source:

1600964027055.png

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you mean the $275 X-Plan fee, then yes, they have to charge that per Ford's very strict X-Plan rules. But the extra $300 in their offer to X-Plan folks is aimed at covering that added cost, which non-X-Plan buyers don't have to pay.
That's what I thought, but in the math above, it doesn't have that listed.

Chris

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Havent used them for service yet because they're always booked so far out. Onmy real complaint I have about them is every time Ive gone to pick up parts, I can never find a dang spot to park my truck lol.
I quit using LHM Lakewood for service. Always overbooked and can't seem to get work done in a timely manner when the vehicle is scheduled. It's a bit more drive for me, but I prefer Phil Long and I have a better working relationship with them as I've ordered several trucks and a couple Explorers from them over the past 10 years or so. For oil changes or maintenance plan stuff I'll use the QuickLane service at Sill-Terhar in Broomfield or Phil Long, depending on what else I have going or what end of town I need to be on. Do not like Sill-Terhar for sales. I bought my '18 Expedition there and an F-150 several years back.
Sponsored