Sponsored

Rumormill fullsize bronco in the future.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard a rumor about ford gauging interest on a "full size" bronco based off the f150 or super duty. Part of it being that people are pining for an excursion. So a 2 and 4 door variant with 3rd row seating and solid axles. Has anybody else has heard this or is it just in a small circle of people I know? I for one would love it. 4 door monster that can pull 10k all day. SIGN ME UP.
Sponsored

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A new excursion is rumored every year. Still hasnā€™t happened. Wish it does one day though

taking the bronco to that level doesnā€™t seem smart when they already have the excursion that they can bring back.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Havenā€™t heard the rumor but it wouldnt surprise me. Mercedes is expanding g class to compete in different categories, Land Rover plans to drop a 130 wheel base defender. Makes sense for a larger bronco

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I cant even inagine what a fullsize Bronco or Excursion would cost. An XLT Expedition with most of the options is $70k plus. My Aunt has the new Navigator....$102k, there is NOTHING in that truck that is worth that. The Excursion would have to start in the mid 70k range for the gas engine version. I think something like that is priced out for Ford. Will people buy a 90k deisel Excursion, yes. But how many? They dont even sell 20,000 Navigators a year.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Expedition is the old fat full-size Bronco, They just changed the name after a certain low-speed chase in the 90s.

Ford Bronco Rumormill fullsize bronco in the future. 1602569419554

Ford Bronco Rumormill fullsize bronco in the future. 1602569466877

Ford Bronco Rumormill fullsize bronco in the future. 1602569496983

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tslater1989

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cant even inagine what a fullsize Bronco or Excursion would cost. An XLT Expedition with most of the options is $70k plus. My Aunt has the new Navigator....$102k, there is NOTHING in that truck that is worth that. The Excursion would have to start in the mid 70k range for the gas engine version. I think something like that is priced out for Ford. Will people buy a 90k deisel Excursion, yes. But how many? They dont even sell 20,000 Navigators a year.
Trust me, I know. But they can't keep expeditions on the lot, and those start in the mid 50's. I'm sure there is a market for them.. just a matter of how much profit they can make. Return on investment etc etc.

OP
OP
Tslater1989

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Expedition is the old fat full-size Bronco, They just changed the name after a certain low-speed chase in the 90s.

No denying that off road one off build looks pretty BA though lol

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota T100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard a rumor about ford gauging interest on a "full size" bronco based off the f150 or super duty. Part of it being that people are pining for an excursion. So a 2 and 4 door variant with 3rd row seating and solid axles. Has anybody else has heard thisk? or is it just in a small circle of people I know? I for one would love it. 4 door monster that can pull 10k all day. SIGN ME UP.
I looked at the measurements of a 79 full sized bronco, and this new one is roughly the same size. Please tell me I'm wrong.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't even seen a legit rumor, so I bet it's at least 5 years away if at all. The mileage standards really hurts its chances of making it to market in my opinion.

You will read a good amount of animosity on this topic on this board for whatever reason, but I for one would absolutely love it.

Put in the 7.3 Godzilla on top of the raptor or super duty tremor frame.

Give it solid axles, front and rear lockers, disconnecting sway bar, ability to tow at least 10k, stock 35" tires with enough room for a 37" tires and even a spare underneath along with an integrated winch.
Maybe put the new generator in from the f150, have a tailgate and rolling rear window just like the mid 80s broncos, maybe not removeable doors but at least half doors and maybe sliding rear windows with removeable roof panels for a great open air experience.

It would be an incredible overland platform, competent off-road and a great family vehicle. Would ride really well on-road as well. It would honestly be way more practical for the average American family than the current bronco and they would sell a ton.....but perhaps at the expense of other products such as explorer, expedition and even F150. I'm not holding my breath, but I would love a big bronco.

Honestly, I almost think Jeep/Ram is more likely to do something like this first with the way they hellcat everything with a big V8 and with existing platforms like the Gladiator, TRX and Power Wagon that they could build off of. Maybe the chevy hummer will surprise, but I doubt it. I bet the first of the big 3 to do a legit full size off-road SUV will sell a ton, especially if gas prices stay reasonable.

Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind that Ford has been spotted testing an F150 Raptor cut down to about a 110" wheelbase (used a regular cab and 5.5' bed), which made it Raptor width but a foot shorter than the shortest wheelbase F150 you can buy, much less Raptor. That wheelbase is too long for the 2dr Bronco we know, too short for the 4dr or for Ranger. And the track width is 9" wider than Bronco anyway, so it wouldn't be a mule for that.

I haven't seen a practical or realistic explanation for what that test vehicle represented. Why would it be worthwhile for Ford to build that? But the proportions do match up to what a full-size Bronco has traditionally been...

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dumb. Just keep watering it down untill its like every other vehicle out on the road. Blazer anyone? Besides Ford has their hands full with the current release and delays. Leave the Bronco for what it is, why it is so successful even before its release.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked at the measurements of a 79 full sized bronco, and this new one is roughly the same size. Please tell me I'm wrong.
I DD an 86. I park next to new full size trucks every day. they are about 8" wider, the belt line is about 6-10" taller depending on the manufacturer. and their front and rear overhangs are measured in feet, not inches. My 86 FSB is dwarfed by titans, 150s, silverados, rams, etc.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be a hard pass as they already building the one I'm interested in. Anything bigger & I would be out.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€™22 Badlands, ā€˜23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be all in for a full sized F-150/Raptor based two door Bronco.

CACAC478-1F0B-434C-8AD8-2239401A8CA7.jpeg

Here is a pic of the short wheelbase Raptor mule running around the Ford testing area.
Sponsored