Sponsored

When Exactly in December do we go to the Dealership to Place our Order for the Bronco?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With December FINALLY upon us, I have yet to hear from my dealership of choice on when I am invited to come in and actually place the order for my Bronco.

Admit that I may have missed a message on the forum, but to my understanding, we still place orders in December.

Can anyone share the roadmap to order placement?

Will we be notified?

Do we just show up at the dealership on any random day in December? Or will we be given a window of time?

Yes, I am getting a bit anxious about the process. The build and price tool was fine, but I still have questions that are for my sales guy, but I'm sure everyone does and there could be an absolute crush on dealerships.

Would prefer time windows based on reservations because I don't want some twat who made a reservation in late October showing up to the dealership on December 1 and placing an order ahead of the guy who did it back on July 13 or whatever.

Hope I'm not alone here... Please chime in.
Sponsored

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With December FINALLY upon us, I have yet to hear from my dealership of choice on when I am invited to come in and actually place the order for my Bronco.

Admit that I may have missed a message on the forum, but to my understanding, we still place orders in December.

Will we be notified?

Do we just show up at the dealership on any random day in December? Or will we be given a window of time?

Yes, I am getting a bit anxious about the process. The build and price tool was fine, but I still have questions that are for my sales guy, but I'm sure everyone does and there could be an absolute crush on dealerships.

Would prefer time windows based on reservations because I don't want some twat who made a reservation in late October showing up to the dealership on December 1 and placing an order ahead of the guy who did it back on July 13 or whatever.

From my understanding, order banks open on the 7th of December for converting reservations to orders. Said to be early December, although this forum found a post that it will be the 7th

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is 100% up to your dealer.

Remember that ordering is supposed to start in December and run through the end of January. Assuming that doesn’t change, your dealer has roughly 8 weeks* to process all the orders they need to make.

Some dealers with a lot of reservations have already started to reach out and poll their customers about their contact information and order details. Other dealers with a few reservations may be waiting until the order banks officially open before they contact people to take their orders.

If you are getting anxious and/or want a better idea of what to expect, you should reach out to your dealer and ask them. They very well may have a plan in place already and can give you more info...
But also, be prepared for them to say “hurry up and wait.”

Last edited:

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will we be notified?

The date I heard was December 7th thru Jan 31.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We still haven't heard an official date of order bank opening from Ford. I'm hoping the order guides will come out a few days before so we can be ready.

Each dealer will choose how the process will go. Some will just say stop in, some will have too many reservations and may try to spread them out.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reservations in October will be MY 2022, so I don't foresee that happening...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reservations in October will be MY 2022, so I don't foresee that happening...
Yeah... word is once Ford gets all the orders in, they will put them in reservation time stamp order. The OP doesn’t need to worry about some Oct Reservation Holder twat getting to the dealer first, because that doesn’t have anything to do with who gets their Bronco first.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah... word is once Ford gets all the orders in, they will put them in reservation time stamp order. The OP doesn’t need to worry about some Oct Reservation Holder twat getting to the dealer first, because that doesn’t have anything to do with who gets their Bronco first.
Not true, dealers will be the one's prioritizing orders, so they can move them around.

Only thing I'm not sure of is if Ford will allocate based on age of reservations or just on number of reservations. Since they announced that dealer is doing the prioritizing, my bet is number, which will cause some early reservations to get pushed back and some late to get built early just due to some dealers having more early reservations (% wise) and some having very few (again % of reservations).

Jmh745

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 F-150, ‘20 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealership just asked me to make an appointment for ordering on Dec 7th... That being said, I don’t trust any car dealership so if I don’t know that the order guide is out and the system isn’t officially opening that day, I‘ll reschedule. This will be my 4th vehicle from this dealership in the past 8 years.

edit: I’m a 10am July 14th reservation

Last edited:

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer in North Louisiana said that they will call their reservation holders in the order of the their reservation time stamp to set up appointments. I was around 8pm on launch night, so hoping I get called first!

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty easily found in the FAQ. Your dealer will contact you to schedule an appointment. After talking to my dealer, they are scheduling appointments based on reservation number. Mine’s mid-Sept so I was told it would be a while as they had almost 120 reservations on day one.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not true, dealers will be the one's prioritizing orders, so they can move them around.

Only thing I'm not sure of is if Ford will allocate based on age of reservations or just on number of reservations. Since they announced that dealer is doing the prioritizing, my bet is number, which will cause some early reservations to get pushed back and some late to get built early just due to some dealers having more early reservations (% wise) and some having very few (again % of reservations).
I've heard something similar, but a little different:

1. Everyone who has a reservation prior to mid-septemberish, and who wants to order, will complete their WBDO prior to 1/31. Dealers will in effect submit EVERY order; no difference between ordering early Dec or late Jan
2. Ford will accumulate all orders and assign a final dealer allocation. The X number of orders from each dealer that meet that dealer's allocation will be thrown onto the "build" list.
3. The build list will be scheduled to assembly according to reservation timestamp, and commodity availability. Minor plant scheduling tweaks will be made for line efficiency.

Is your understanding different???
Sponsored