Sponsored

Can you get front seats without the molle straps?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Can you get front seats without the molle straps? baby child seat 2-door 2021 ford bronco rear seat 2

I think they are pretty cool. My understanding was they would not be on the OBX. Makes me sad because I would like to have them.
Being hard plastic and removable, why couldn't someone design a flexible snorkle from the under seat vent and make a proper vent for rear seat passengers? hmmmm..
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Can you get front seats without the molle straps? baby child seat 2-door 2021 ford bronco rear seat 2

I think they are pretty cool. My understanding was they would not be on the OBX. Makes me sad because I would like to have them.
Being hard plastic and removable, why couldn't someone design a flexible snorkle from the under seat vent and make a proper vent for rear seat passengers? hmmmm..
I think these look awesome. Super flexible in what you can do with a molle panel. However, they look removable so if there is enough interest in something else, I bet the aftermarket will come up with options. Or just attach a map pocket to the molle panel.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the same thing ... I fully expect the next complaints to not wanting removable tops
Already happened, months ago actually. I got into it with someone who wanted the Bronco offered in a version without a removable top. smh

I tried to explain to them the entire basis, design and construction of the Bronco was based on it having a removable roof.

Actually, that’s possibly the very first thing laid out when the design started. “Ok people, we are going to build a vehicle with a removable roof. Number 2.....”

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm worried over time it'll just be a bunch of broken plastic grids, hopefully something I'll find useful will be on accessories list to swap it out.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no desire to attach a bunch of crap to the back of my seat so it can clang around. Will the front seats be available with regular map pockets instead of the molle straps?
Id prefer regular pockets too. But it looks like there is a little net at the bottom, and can possibly remove the panel as well. But maybe if I get into it, I can find good uses for it, with all those types of attachments. Although things that dangle in a car generally kinda annoy me.

Sponsored

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally find molle attachments very useful especially in a topless/doorless vehicle. Last thing I want is stuff shoved under seats or lying on floorboards where it can roll around or out of the vehicle. It’s a great way to carry tools, gear for unexpected cold/wet weather, small trash receptacles, sleeves to hold hydroflasks etc etc. Essentially they’re great for storing, organizing, and keeping junk from clanking around making noise in the vehicle...exactly the opposite of what the OP seems worried abooot, but I get that may not be obvious if people haven’t used them before.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think seat-back panels or pockets would fill with rain water, mud and dirt, hence the molle design. Easy cleaning.
I have never had rain water or mud in the pocket on my seats. Even in my EB with no doors or top.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pocket protector for your vehicle.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I were Ford reading all this bull crap. I’d say F’it were not building the Bronco anymore ?

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the same thing ... I fully expect the next complaints to not wanting removable tops (don't want them to leak) and removable doors (don't want worn / wobbly door connection points).

Edit: I love they have molle grids on all versions and not limit to options / trims.
I was upset to learn that the new Bronco has doors . . . that OPEN. This seems like a crazy security risk. Shouldn't the whole vehicle be permanently sealed? Stupid Ford.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have no desire to attach a bunch of crap to the back of my seat so it can clang around. Will the front seats be available with regular map pockets instead of the molle straps?
Looks like you get both. A mesh map pocket for that vintage paper map from the 20th century and molle straps for whatever you need to keep secure behind you.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
....I keep all of my folded maps in my leather satchel, right next to my sundial, newspaper, and the shilling I earned from polishing shoes (the one I bit, just to ensure it was real and not counterfeit.)
Ha, thanks for the shilling reference, brings back memories! Lived in Bermuda prior to decimalization and hadn't thought about that currency in a long time. Favorite coin was the thruppence, 12 sided with a portcullis on the obverse. Living on base (U.S. NAS Annex) we of course used U.S. currency but for everything off the base we spent in British. Between the exchange rate and the different systems (100 cents to a dollar but 240 pence to a pound) my math skills got a regular workout.

Back on topic - I'm still a dinosaur and buy and keep paper maps, usually in the pocket in the door. Back in the day there used to be a Rand McNally store across the street from my office. I'd wait for the new edition of the Road Atlas to be published because they'd put the previous edition in the discount bin (yeah, I'm cheap). Electronic map systems are great for "how do I get from *here* to *there*" but sitting down with a cup of coffee, or something stronger depending on time of day, and just browsing something like an atlas let you find new "theres" to add to your list of places to explore. I also appreciate the molle design and that it's featured on the Badlands seatbacks. Really silly thing for someone to complain about, IMO.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Outer Banks I saw last week had the usual map pocket on the seat backs. I don't know if that will change in production models.
Sponsored