Sponsored

What’s the most bulletproof bronco build you can get?

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is the first I have heard that the four door bronco has more problems than the two door. Can you be specific as to the problems you
It's a major problem in which moar door Broncos tend to be confused with minivans, which is a serious case and is extremely distraughtful for minivan owners. :(
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can guarantee with 100% certainty that there will be no 6G Broncos that are alive 50 years from now, except for very rare units owned by individuals with lots of money. And the reason is, as you stated, all the electronics. There will simply be no spares for electronics past a 15 year or so lifetime, and unlike mechanical parts, you cannot replicate them unless you have a $1B semiconductor plant, the original design files, and the original fabrication process.

Ask me how I know. I have a god damn $3000 Samsung range in the kitchen that is 8 years old. Works perfectly except the friggin touch screen broke. And guess what, there are no spares in existence anywhere in the world. I now have a $3000 paperweight because of a $100 electronic part.
Couldn’t agree more.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's a major problem in which moar door Broncos tend to be confused with minivans, which is a serious case and is extremely distraughtful for minivan owners. :(
The soccer moms will get over being distraught after 3 glasses of Chardonay.

Meanwhile my 40,000 mile 2021 OBX 4 door 2.7 advanced is (unless someone else posted higher) the most bulletproof Bronco in this thread.

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The soccer moms will get over being distraught after 3 glasses of Chardonay.

Meanwhile my 40,000 mile 2021 OBX 4 door 2.7 advanced is (unless someone else posted higher) the most bulletproof Bronco in this thread.
That's not a Bronco, only 2 doors are Broncos! That's a Flex with big tires!😜

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or less you buy a Toyota 4 Runner then it’s bulletproof.
Toyota is not what they were anymore. Plenty of problems.

This is the first I have heard that the four door bronco has more problems than the two door. Can you be specific as to the problems you
It seems to me like the 4drs are more likely to have window indexing issues, but that might just be because there are far more 4drs out there.

I can guarantee with 100% certainty that there will be no 6G Broncos that are alive 50 years from now, except for very rare units owned by individuals with lots of money. And the reason is, as you stated, all the electronics. There will simply be no spares for electronics past a 15 year or so lifetime, and unlike mechanical parts, you cannot replicate them unless you have a $1B semiconductor plant, the original design files, and the original fabrication process.
I could see a modular electric conversion package coming out in the future where you can rip out everything from the original car and start over. The modern equivalent of dropping a carbureted small block Chevy into anything and everything.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ask me how I know. I have a god damn $3000 Samsung range in the kitchen that is 8 years old. Works perfectly except the friggin touch screen broke. And guess what, there are no spares in existence anywhere in the world. I now have a $3000 paperweight because of a $100 electronic part.
I think the drivetrain will be the biggest issue. Everything else can be ripped out. Even the engine can be swapped, but finding something to work or replace that 10spd may be a problem.

the manual trans may have an advantage in this aspect.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So your comparing a range made by a cell phone manufacture to a car for reliability when it comes to electronics? Why spend 3K on a computerized range anyways? Are you going to turn on your range to preheat the oven remotely? Spending that much on something that just needs to bake/warm up food is downright stupid.

There are a decent amount of cars from the 1980s with some of the first gen electronics still running on the road that are hitting 40 years old.

While something like the 5G modem in the car might not work 50 years from now, I'd say the displays and ECU in the Bronco should have a reasonable chance of surviving that long.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As the least reliable Bronco here I can say I trust the 4cylinder and auto transmission recommendation. I would also say the part time transfer case is more reliable, auto cases have had people lose 4wd.

I will say that not having dual zone ac and other things has drastically increased my long term reliability. Keeping the sensors and crap working on a 10-15 year vehicle is a full time time job.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

the Raspberry PI can replace your modules....in the future we will have all kinds of retrofits to fix antiquated electronics....so I don't think this is correct.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the Raspberry PI can replace your modules....in the future we will have all kinds of retrofits to fix antiquated electronics....so I don't think this is correct.
By then you will have electric motor and a battery lol.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, and BigMeatsBot will diagnose, repair and retrofit before any of those OTHER bots get outta cryosleep... lol

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been trying to keep up with the problem spots on the Bronco, preparing to finally buy my own. The two biggest issues I’ve seen have been the 4x4 cutting out (overheating error) when in sand/wheel spin that appears to be on models with the advanced 4x4, and the 2.7 seems to have a lot of problems.

With that being said. What other major/common problems does the bronco have to be aware of, and how can they be solved by either factory or aftermarket solutions?

At this point I’m thinking a Black Diamond, non sas, 2.3, mid package.
You're going to get a million different answers. Assuming your Bronco will actually be used off-road: Badlands or Wildtrack unless Raptor is out of your budget. That's the short and easy answer. If you're thinking Black Diamond, I'm going to guess that there's a budget in play here. If Badlands exceeds the Budget, BD would be the next-best choice.

2.3 vs. 2.7: I can parrot any number of arguments for or against either. I have the 2.7 and have zero qualms about that decision. Just go for whether you want more power or slightly better fuel economy, I guess.

We've been off-road at least 20 times in the first year and haven't had any issues. I do like having Advanced 4WD so that I can have 4WD in rain/snow.