Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Double thumbs up for CD-player. The vehicle I traded had a 5-disc changer. Far better audio quality than my MP3 player. Unfortunately, actually owning your books, music, movies, etc. is not a "thing" any more.
Just a thought... I hate MP3 sound as well... So I have about 2500 CDs recorded lossless on a couple of 128gb thumb drives. I plug them into the USB that feeds the media....(center lower dash) I can now quickly and easily choose any of them to listen to a complete album or I can use a play list or I can put it on random shuffle. I find it so much more convenient than CDs ever were. I can listen to 20 hours of music without listening to the same thing twice... all in CD quality.

The quality of the stereo is not terrible but not all that good either. I guess I have the latest version of the B&O which to be honest isn't as bad as some on here seem to make out. It is not great but no matter how good it is it is still in a loud unrefined environment... At home I use electrostatics and I have custom made speakers using Morel, Vifa, Audax, etc. and customizing the crossovers to match. I do know the difference.
Sponsored

Dave42

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, 07 Chevy turbo diesel pickup
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a thought... I hate MP3 sound as well... So I have about 2500 CDs recorded lossless on a couple of 128gb thumb drives. I plug them into the USB that feeds the media....(center lower dash) I can now quickly and easily choose any of them to listen to a complete album or I can use a play list or I can put it on random shuffle. I find it so much more convenient than CDs ever were. I can listen to 20 hours of music without listening to the same thing twice... all in CD quality.

The quality of the stereo is not terrible but not all that good either. I guess I have the latest version of the B&O which to be honest isn't as bad as some on here seem to make out. It is not great but no matter how good it is it is still in a loud unrefined environment... At home I use electrostatics and I have custom made speakers using Morel, Vifa, Audax, etc. and customizing the crossovers to match. I do know the difference.
Mmmm... I might look into that. Going to have some time on my hands this winter if the weather's typcical. I'll make a point to rip a few CD's lossless to a thumb drive and see how it compares ease-of-use v. my MP3.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Double thumbs up for CD-player. The vehicle I traded had a 5-disc changer. Far better audio quality than my MP3 player. Unfortunately, actually owning your books, music, movies, etc. is not a "thing" any more.
Interesting, because i love the sound of my flashdrive mp3 music files. It has a lot to do with the bitrate used in recording a lossy format file (i.e. mp3), without losing quality. For me, i record mp3 files at least at 192kbps (CBR). At that rate, it's considered transparent...most people can't tell the difference in quality between a standard MP3 (i.e. you get online) and FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec). So, when it comes to digital music, it's not just the format/quality you're using to record, but also the format/quality of the source. Digital music recordings can get messy and that's why people think CDs might sound better...CDs are standardized. Anyway, I'm an amateur in digital music...I'm sure there are experts on here that could talk to it better.

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 3 features I dislike the most are the excessive, unadjustable turn-signal volume, the electrically-operated parking brake (should be on the center console and/or mechanical), and the wiper switch being a rotary switch on the turn-signal stalk (should be on a stalk on the right side of the steering wheel). Other than those, it’d be nice if the rear seats came out as easily as they do from my Wrangler.

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 3 features I dislike the most are the excessive, unadjustable turn-signal volume, the electrically-operated parking brake (should be on the center console and/or mechanical), and the wiper switch being a rotary switch on the turn-signal stalk (should be on a stalk on the right side of the steering wheel). Other than those, it’d be nice if the rear seats came out as easily as they do from my Wrangler.
The first time I went to wash my windshield it was night time and I high beamed oncoming traffic :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

ShiftyBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure I understand your title about hands on the wheel [I get it now, Lux package thing], but…

Mine is the crazy climate control system that has a mind of its own. I would have been perfectly fine with something like this…

69FDC301-5633-4C18-B916-5EECF8F6286C.jpeg

It’s a “rugged” offroad vehicle. Sometimes, less is more…
Came here to say the same thing. Ac will start blowing at category 5 on the low setting for some reason that’s beyond me

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently mine is the car cover. Bugs the s**t out of me! Can’t wait to get home!!!

IMG_4898.jpeg

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drivers side sun visor hitting the rear view mirror every time it's flipped down and forward. You would think that Ford could have designed it to clear, but no.
If you push the visor farther to the left, it will clear. Mine did the same thing, and I read on here to tap/push/bang it to the left so it seats better and doesn't hit the mirror when folding down.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Interesting, because i love the sound of my flashdrive mp3 music files. It has a lot to do with the bitrate used in recording a lossy format file (i.e. mp3), without losing quality. For me, i record mp3 files at least at 192kbps (CBR). At that rate, it's considered transparent...most people can't tell the difference in quality between a standard MP3 (i.e. you get online) and FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec). So, when it comes to digital music, it's not just the format/quality you're using to record, but also the format/quality of the source. Digital music recordings can get messy and that's why people think CDs might sound better...CDs are standardized. Anyway, I'm an amateur in digital music...I'm sure there are experts on here that could talk to it better.
I could go down a lot of deep rabbit holes here.... And in the end..... in the Bronco.... I am going to agree with you.

If we were listening in a symphony hall we are arguing (MP3 high rate resampling vs lossless) we are arguing over moving the sound absorption panels up 6 inches and to the left 3 inches.... Does it make a difference that the average person can hear? In a symphony hall Yes. But in the Bronco, and to be honest the listening environment in most peoples homes No Listening to music in the Bronco is more like listening to music in a crowded bar. Way too much ambient sound (and uncontrolled wave reflections) to identify the subtle differences. Then you have the DAC. I do not think the DAC is exceptionally high quality.

But if you were talking symphony hall environment I will argue dramatic difference between MP3 (even a a high resample rate) and lossless, the MP3 is lower quality that you can hear. The key term here is "resample".

I do not want MP3s in my listening room. BUT in the bronco I am perfectly fine with them.

Motoxslow

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HD Pan American, 2003 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading all the comments, I guess I’ve been in the honeymoon phase for sixteen thousand miles and didn’t realize there were so many things to dislike. Most of what I’ve read hasn’t bothered me till now, I guess I remember how my 77 was a bare bones Ute that was a blast to drive.
But now, my wallet and my eyes have been opened and I realize this vehicle has lots of little quirks, but I know a fix.
When you drop that fancy little round knob to Baja it changes all kind of fun stuff for you. I recommend finding a few mile of dirt and unleashing the ponies under the hood, you’ll thank me later and forget all about the little quirks.

Sponsored

Sanndmann3

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco 23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Off top of my head, round fender flares (much prefer the squared off look), dash display and grill. I would preferred a more recessed appearance similar to the original

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No grab handles on the A pillars.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Drivers side sun visor hitting the rear view mirror every time it's flipped down and forward. You would think that Ford could have designed it to clear, but no.
Mine is no where near the Rearview mirror. Are you sure it' seated all the way to the left?

It's not conceivable that there is that much variation truck to truck.

Brisco2

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 XLT, 2018 Ford E350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine is no where near the Rearview mirror. Are you sure it' seated all the way to the left?

It's not conceivable that there is that much variation truck to truck.
Many people don't know about the two pivot points on the mirror either. I'll admit it took me a week or so to adjust my mirror so it didn't interfere with the sun visor

iSarge

Wildtrak
First Name
Sir Slalom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak (11-July-2023)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i set my speedometer to kp/h. the legal speed limit indicator on the dash panel stays in mph. yea so sorta difficult to run that calculation to legal kp/h in my head. i've been ready for years to dump the antiquated imperial system.
Sponsored