Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Easy fix is just don't let the door latch when you close it
2. There are definitely more than 10. I think I remember you can specify how many in settings. I have I think 18 right now.
Or just hold your keys near the B pillar when closing...Who needs more presets than 10, I've been to your part of the country and there isn't 10 stations worth listening to? lol (unless you're into religious talk radio)
Sponsored

Dave42

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, 07 Chevy turbo diesel pickup
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe this is just an old-fashioned, no-bells-and-whistles who guy who traded in a 2010 FJ-Cruiser, and still owns an '07 3/4 ton diesel pickup, but...

Too many unnecessary & annoying noises and too much automatic stuff.
- The thing sounds like it's having an epileptic seizure when I back out of the garage in the morning because it senses the side of the garage door.
- Honking its horn in the beer drive-thru if I get out to help the girl put the beer in the back swing-gate...
- Remembering to turn off the almost demonic Auto Start/Stop every time I start the vehicle, so it doesn't drain my battery and put wear & tear on the starter at every red light & stop sign. DUMBEST IDEA EVER!!!! I would seriously like to punch the engineer who thought that was a good idea.
- Annoying beep because I don't put my seat-belt back on after leaving vehicle to get the mail then driving <10mph up the driveway to my house.
- Overly complicated climate control. Shouldn't need the touch-screen; just provide some big, plain rotary switches or sliders.
- Electronic instrument panel - overly complicated, and I hate the bar-graph tach, turbo-boost, & temp's. Just give me dials I can read at a glance, ideally with OK/good located at 12 o'clock
- Off-road pitch/roll are buried too low & out-of-sight. The times I would've liked to see them, I'm way too busy watching the trail to look down at the instrument panel.

Most of all though, it wasn't offered with a V8!

Other than that, I'm overall pretty happy.

Dave42

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CarPlay. Terrible connection. Give me a CD player. Horn honk 2nd.
Double thumbs up for CD-player. The vehicle I traded had a 5-disc changer. Far better audio quality than my MP3 player. Unfortunately, actually owning your books, music, movies, etc. is not a "thing" any more.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My heated seat that no longer heats.
Except for yesterday for the first time in months.
But not the usual "Inner Earth core" temp, just a hint of warmth.
Then gone again about 10 minutes later.
Looks like multimeter time for me soon.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
2- Only 10 presets on the radio. My 20 year old Accord has more. With all the channels available this is rediculous. Way to go cheap Ford, probably saved 5 cents per radio.
10 is just the default. You can go into the settings menu if you want more. (though I am pretty sure it is in increments of 5, so you can have 15, or 20 etc...)

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
But then if it’s not in my pocket, when I get home and park in the garage, I’d forget it in the car. I heard somewhere it’ll cause the car battery to drain out if the key is close by, but I haven’t left it in/forgotten it long enough to find out
I've been leaving mine in the car for the last 14 months.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
10 is just the default. You can go into the settings menu if you want more. (though I am pretty sure it is in increments of 5, so you can have 15, or 20 etc...)
I'll go check that out
I have looked all through the settings and I cannot find anything where the number of presets can be changed. What year is your Bronco, maybe they deleted that option?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But then if it’s not in my pocket, when I get home and park in the garage, I’d forget it in the car. I heard somewhere it’ll cause the car battery to drain out if the key is close by, but I haven’t left it in/forgotten it long enough to find out
My fob stays in my front center bin, by USB hookups, 24/7, unless I'm in a super sketchy place. Never had an issue with battery drain.

Sponsored

Dave42

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I forgot one (or two, depending on how you're counting).
Owner's Manual! -
1) Seriously, I drop >$50k on a vehicle and Ford's too dam* cheap to give me an actual owner's manual? What if the infotainment/LCD screen goes bad? How do you look anything up? On a tiny cellphone screen, after Googling to find the URL on the web?
2) If they're going to go all-digital, they could at least index the thing based on the vehicle's actual VIN so that you don't have to scroll through screen after screen of stuff that's not even relevant to your vehicle!
Still love my Li'l Mule overall. Had a blast on the trails a few weeks ago, and looking forward to going back topless & doorless next time.

IPRoutes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My fob stays in my front center bin, by USB hookups, 24/7, unless I'm in a super sketchy place. Never had an issue with battery drain.
When I bought and installed a Pedal Commander for my previous Jeep Gladiator, the instructions specifically stated to keep the fob away from the vehicle - at least 32 feet from it. The reason being that the vehicle's computer turns on and will throw a code during install. And it applies to fobs that have remote-start.
But I don't think the computer will stay on forever - I am sure there is an idle time-out when it will turn off even with the fob being inside the Bronco. There may be a small battery drain but likely not noticeable.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll go check that out

I have looked all through the settings and I cannot find anything where the number of presets can be changed. What year is your Bronco, maybe they deleted that option?
Settings, Radio, Pages

Ellis Family Garage

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands, '06 F150 FX4, '95 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drivers side sun visor hitting the rear view mirror every time it's flipped down and forward. You would think that Ford could have designed it to clear, but no.

Dave42

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone else mentioned that, and a reply mentioned a fix that worked on mine. Whack it a few times with the heel of your hand, and it should slide over a bit.
Sponsored