Sponsored

What’s the most bulletproof bronco build you can get?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford got it right in 1966, a Bronco is 2 door only, now the flex on the other hand.
Copying the FJ was the right idea (a little tin can on wheels), they dropped the ball when turning into a Ram Charger/Blazer, at that point they should've dropped the name.
Sponsored

PescadorPirate

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There have been a bunch of TCM and Gateway Module Issues ( I have seen over 100 between the 2023 Bronco and F150). My Bronco has been in for this repair for over 10 weeks and Ford cannot get software to load. Software is becoming an increasing component in these vehicles and if they can’t get my problem fixed wait for the larger issues to surface.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Issues with the automatic have been few and far between, the manual has had issues plus it's a lot easier to get into trouble with a manual on trails. All it takes is one missed gear one time on a difficult uphill and you've lost all your momentum and are in ton of trouble. Just not worth it IMHO when the automatic is so good.

The 2.7 issues were certain build dates, I wouldn't worry about that AT all.

Personally, I think you're asking the wrong question anyway. You're just gonna get 100 different justifications for why the responder went with their build.

If you're gonna wheel it, the right question is: "What is it going to take, model and upgrades, to do what I want to do offroad?".

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can guarantee with 100% certainty that there will be no 6G Broncos that are alive 50 years from now, except for very rare units owned by individuals with lots of money. And the reason is, as you stated, all the electronics. There will simply be no spares for electronics past a 15 year or so lifetime, and unlike mechanical parts, you cannot replicate them unless you have a $1B semiconductor plant, the original design files, and the original fabrication process.

Ask me how I know. I have a god damn $3000 Samsung range in the kitchen that is 8 years old. Works perfectly except the friggin touch screen broke. And guess what, there are no spares in existence anywhere in the world. I now have a $3000 paperweight because of a $100 electronic part.
Nobody will be driving a B6G on the road in 50 years because the internal combustion engine will be an antique and only collectors will have ICE vehicles. Gas stations won't have gas in 50 years...

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nobody will be driving a B6G on the road in 50 years because the internal combustion engine will be an antique and only collectors will have ICE vehicles. Gas stations won't have gas in 50 years...
They didn't have gas stations till 10-15 years after the first cars where sold either. It's not hard to get fuel in containers to fill up a bronco in some shape or form in the future.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve been trying to keep up with the problem spots on the Bronco, preparing to finally buy my own. The two biggest issues I’ve seen have been the 4x4 cutting out (overheating error) when in sand/wheel spin that appears to be on models with the advanced 4x4, and the 2.7 seems to have a lot of problems.

With that being said. What other major/common problems does the bronco have to be aware of, and how can they be solved by either factory or aftermarket solutions?

At this point I’m thinking a Black Diamond, non sas, 2.3, mid package.
Since this thread seems to have deviated from answering your questions.... I'll try .

if your referring to buying a 6g, which it appears you are, then, the Sasquatch package gives you stronger front axles and front ring and pinion.

the WildTrak (and possibly the Badlands in 24) has the HD hoss3 front steering rack standard and this is a definite upgrade from the other hoss 2 steering racks in most broncos.

the electronic issues are actually minor and minimal with a simple code clearing tool, tuner, or laptop. not a big deal if your prepared, (like most other things.)

both the HD rack and the HD front end can be upgraded at a later date as well.

my First Edition has 62K miles and no major issues, never left me stranded, never 'broke down" only minor simple issues. I consider it very reliable, but certainly NOT perfect.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There have been a bunch of TCM and Gateway Module Issues ( I have seen over 100 between the 2023 Bronco and F150). My Bronco has been in for this repair for over 10 weeks and Ford cannot get software to load. Software is becoming an increasing component in these vehicles and if they can’t get my problem fixed wait for the larger issues to surface.
Shit after the 1st week I would have bought a used module from a junkyard and been back on the road, life is WAY too short to just wait around for fords nerds to fix shit.

Last edited:

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect in 50 years the automotive landscape will be almost unrecognizable. I predict private car ownership will be a fraction of what it is today, possibly replaced with something like a subscription service for self driving taxis.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

[QUOTE="Tricky Mike, post: 2102357, possibly replaced with something like a subscription service for self driving taxis.
[/QUOTE]

Which considering how reliable computers are, is in itself quite a scary thought.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been trying to keep up with the problem spots on the Bronco, preparing to finally buy my own. The two biggest issues I’ve seen have been the 4x4 cutting out (overheating error) when in sand/wheel spin that appears to be on models with the advanced 4x4, and the 2.7 seems to have a lot of problems.

With that being said. What other major/common problems does the bronco have to be aware of, and how can they be solved by either factory or aftermarket solutions?

At this point I’m thinking a Black Diamond, non sas, 2.3, mid package.
Exactly what I ordered for mild off-roading and reliability on a budget. We have a 2015 Mustang premium with the 2.3 ecoboost and love it. Getting close to 100k miles with only one issue with fuel tank fumes recovery system that I repaired myself for $80 with Amazon parts.
Normally I would order a standard trans for reliability but somehow the penny pinchers at Ford figured out how to screw that up. Wife insisted on an automatic and I’m actually glad I ordered it that way now.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

please provide more details on this...where all these at? is there a thread I missed?

if the problem is this great, there's surely a bounty on the solution!!! or should be. my educated guess is that Bosch is slow as usual on loading the available PMIs onto the FDRS database ... I have a direct contact to request an urgent service ticket with Bosch programming....if this isn't fixed yet , hit me up.
Sponsored