Sponsored

POLL: what powertrain are you choosing at order time?

What powertrain are you choosing at order time?

• Total voters

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going 2.7 Auto. I have had three Broncos and one F150 with manuals. I like manual transmissions in many situations, but off road is not one of them. That’s after having several vehicles I used off road with manuals and automatics. I am sure the new Bronco will shift better than any of the prior manuals I had in trucks (including our “3 on the tree” 1973 Ford shop van as a kid) so it may close some of the gap, but still prefer the option of two pedal driving and the torque multiplication of the torque converter an auto provides. I would be perfectly happy with the 2. 3l, but based on the pricing, it’s kind of a no brainer to go 2.7. I have the 2.7 10sp now (2nd vehicle with it) and it has been excellent in every way. My son also has the 2.3 10sp in his FX4 Crew Cab Ranger and it is very good as well. All my opinion, but for those that have never driven off road with a manual, you may want to try it out somehow before making the decision.
Sponsored

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2.7L Auto. 1. Will be a daily and I deal with shitty Atlanta traffic. 2. I want the bigger motor. So, even if 2.7L was offered with a manual I wouldn't spec it.

BPMANAZ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you often make decisions based on what other people think?
Yes, I pride myself on being the only person in the United States, out of over 300,000,000 million people to make a decision now and then based on other people’s perceptions.

I thought it would be cool one time time to paint my shutters to look like bubble gum bubbles just to be different but figured the neighbors would bitch, so I didn’t do that either.

I’m a Maverick like that.

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.7-10spd
Just like everything else with the bronco, it mostly comes down to what YOU like. I had the privilege of growing up on a ranch where we didn't own a single automatic vehicle till I was 17. I have the privilege now of having the option to drive 5 different kinds of MT vehicles for what ever kind of fun or job I want. IF the bronco had come with a 2.7 MT my choice would have been much more difficult.
Right now I am going to lose 0% sleep over my Bronco slushbox. This rig is gonna be an absolute screamer to drive (whether I a crawling on the rocks or ripping on the flats) and I am gonna love every second of it.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would like to hear the explanation for going 2.3 Auto. I just don't understand...
1. Automatic Cost is included in Basquatch, if I add V-6 to Squatch I pay the full $1895 instead of the $300 if I do it outside of the Squatch over 2.3 Auto. If this is just a glitch in the B&P I'll reconsider.

2. The 2.3 will have more power than any Bronco ever.

3. It will have as much or more power than any vehicle I've ever owned so I'm good.

4. A guess at this point, but I work on my own stuff and the 2.3 should be easier to access.

Now, if the V-6 is available in the package I order for $300 I'll get it, because why not?

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Auto because it would be so cool not to do y-turns on Black Bear switchbacks if TTA works as advertised. And V6 because it’s only $300 more. Actually the 2.7 pays for itself with all the accessories B&P removes once you select it.
In the middle of a turn on Black Bear would be a helluva time to find out TTA doesn't work!

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want the 2.3 and the manual transmission; however, it is a poorly executed 100K throw away motor. If it had direct and port injection I would happily order the 2.3, but it does not.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.7 10 speed. No manual, because, wife. She can drive a stick, but we compromised. I also had to do my homework. 2.7 10 speed is proven.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

90% sure on 2.3 with 10spd auto. Depends on final build 4DR Base Squatch will be 2.3 and Auto. OB will be 2.3 and Auto. All other builds makes more sense to do 2.7 and Auto as there only appears to be a ~$300 difference.

If there is a price correction on Base or OB where Auto is standard and 2.7 changes to like $395, then its the 2.7.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want the 2.3 and the manual transmission; however, it is a poorly executed 100K throw away motor. If it had direct and port injection and a CGI block I would happily order the 2.3, but it does not.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Manual transmission as I have not been reduced to a vacant eyed, mouth breather sitting in the left lane with the cruise set at the limit. Not yet anyway (and my knees still mostly work, so I can physically operate it) Fun truck needs a fun transmission. To those that feel the need to rationalize the automatic, seriously... think about it. You are having to rationalize getting the automatic. (if your eyes roll back in your head and you drool over the thought of an autobox while shaking with pleasure, I urge you to seek professional help as it is beyond what the forum can help you with.)
My Bronco will have adaptive cruise control while I drive vacant eyed and breathing out my mouth I guess.

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
The ONLY reason to get a 2.3 is because you want a 7 speed stick.
If you are going automatic, the 2.7 is only an additional 300 bucks!

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
90% sure on 2.3 with 10spd auto. Depends on final build 4DR Base Squatch will be 2.3 and Auto. OB will be 2.3 and Auto. All other builds makes more sense to do 2.7 and Auto as there only appears to be a ~$300 difference.

If there is a price correction on Base or OB where Auto is standard and 2.7 changes to like $395, then its the 2.7.
Man that would be fucking sweet because I'm buying the 2.7 on the OBX regardless. I would end up just toting up to LUX package anyway. So Ford if your listing you will still get my money.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ONLY reason to get a 2.3 is because you want a 7 speed stick.
If you are going automatic, the 2.7 is only an additional 300 bucks!
Not on Base SAS. If it was I'd do it for $300.
Sponsored