Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It is $1000 down in Canada at time of Order Confirmation (confirmed with my dealer in November), and I don’t know if that is refundable or not. I didn’t ask; would assume that is entirely at the dealers discretion. They want you to have skin in the game too. I have it ready to pay, in any case.
Sponsored

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If anyone is buying a bronco and are planning on getting a stimulus check, then they are probably making a pretty serious financial mistake.
I think you may be over estimating how much the average future Bronco owner makes.

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer is a smaller dealer with just over 150 reservations. I spoke to them last week and they told me they will not be asking for an additional deposit. They said even if someone does back out last minute they know they will be able to sell it, custom build or not. Of course that could change, but that's what they said. Also told me I'm #10 in line with them so I'm hopeful for a summer delivery. My timestamp is within 5 hours of launch.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have no problem putting $500 worth of in skin in the game. Been a few years decades since I did a factory order. Don't recall putting down a deposit, but the ones I ordered were popular models. The dealers called me to tell me to come in and get it pretty much as soon as they came off the truck...

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If anyone is buying a bronco and are planning on getting a stimulus check, then they are probably making a pretty serious financial mistake.
So basically you are saying that police officers, fire fighters, teachers, nurses, and a ton of other people are making a "mistake" buying a Bronco? Hmmm...

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I asked my dealer and initial $100 is all that is required from them. This was a couple months ago. Ford has stated that you may need to have an additional deposit at time of order. There has been no indication at this point that further deposit is being required by Ford. Perhaps Ford is essentially forcing the dealer’s hand with the penalties that us normal potential costumers don’t know about.

For a non-refundable deposit of any amount, I personally would need to know what my delivery timeframe is at time of order and it would need to be a reasonable timeframe. This is where my risk adversion would take over. Ford isn’t planning on providing that information until month and a half at least after order window closes.

A reasonably priced refundable deposit is fine if delivery window is not known. If Ford requires a non-refundable deposit and doesn’t provide a reasonable delivery window then I’m out and everyone can rejoice that they moved up (7/15 res).

I now fully expect Ford to announce that they will require $500 deposit (refundable or not will not be specified) and the announcement will be a part of the build and price update is complete communication (pair the good with the meh). They have moved goalposts before and will continue to do so. This one wouldn’t be terrible.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you may be over estimating how much the average future Bronco owner makes.
I think he is, too. I had a nephew who when he saw his mom's W-2 for the year (she was a 30-year veteran teacher) asked her if that was for one semester.

I would bet money on me being more solvent than the majority of the folks who keep making comments about "If _____, then you shouldn't be buying a Bronco."

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If anyone is buying a bronco and are planning on getting a stimulus check, then they are probably making a pretty serious financial mistak
What does this statement even mean? I plan on getting a stimulus and I’m going to pay for my bronco in cash. What’s one thing have to do with the other? you could make 500k and spend 510 I could make 40 and spend 35, who’s better off.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good call by Ford. I intend to order my Bronco on the off chance I love it decide to buy 2 new cars this year. If I have to pony up another $400 I would feel obligated to run it by the spouse and she would probably end the entire operation.

Master plan, get MachE to replace 06 Mustang, wife adopts it because it rocks and I get her Explorer, Bronco shows up, I get Bronco, trade in Explorer.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guessing at least $500. Won't be surprised to see some requiring thousands, non refundable, to weed out the tire kickers and avoid orders being cancelled after the build completes. Never did reveal what the penalties were to the dealers but it sounded severe

If they make the deposit nonrefundable on a vehicle we can't see in person and test drive they've lost 2 Broncos I was going to buy.

It'd be ridiculous.

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would caution against suggesting that deposits are definitively refundable or not. This varies by jurisdiction, and some states/counties may allow dealers to set the language they choose. That said, it's extremely common that a dealer creates unenforceable contract terms stating that your deposit is non-refundable, knowing most people will shrug and go with them. The non-refundability might be true, depending on where you live, but it's also highly possible that it's just a game dealers play and get away with. I'm not aware of any state that allows a private contract to overrule the letter of the law (i.e., you shouldn't be allowed to waive your rights because somebody tricked you into signing a piece of paper), but don't quote me on that.

Read your agreement and know your local laws; don't rely on a stranger on a forum to tell you what is correct in your situation. Just because we feel one way or the other ought to be correct or simply makes more sense does not necessarily mean it is the law in every case.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So basically you are saying that police officers, fire fighters, teachers, nurses, and a ton of other people are making a "mistake" buying a Bronco? Hmmm...
Teacher, FF and Police salaries vary greatly throughout the county.
Teachers $lows 30s to $125k
FF $low 30s to $200k (with OT)
Police$low 30s to $150k (plus more when you get promoted.)

Way too many generalizations flying around here... Way to wide a price range for the Bronco $30-65k.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Teacher, FF and Police salaries vary greatly throughout the county.
Teachers $lows 30s to $125k
FF $low 30s to $200k (with OT)
Police$low 30s to $150k (plus more when you get promoted.)

Way too many generalizations flying around here... Way to wide a price range for the Bronco $30-65k.
That was sort of my point. He made a generalization that anyone getting a stimulus check shouldn't buy a Bronco.

And you are right about salaries, I forget that other states don't systematically underpay public servants like the state where I live.???
Sponsored