Sponsored

For those sticking with the 2021....why?

rotorwrench

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nosquatch BD/2.7 hits the mark for me. No interest in FCA.
Sponsored

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is it even easy enough to change a reservation to MY2022? I put mine in literally the day after it opened up and Ford's website stopped crapping out...

Would love to "delay" converting the reservation into an order, but I'm not sure if that's possible?

Anyone know?
I too have an early reso. Would gladly switch with an early 22!

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No... I'm not trolling, and I totally understand the mentality of "because I just want one", but I'm seriously wondering with so many red flags and so many unanswered questions, why are so many of us still willing to dive in?

Jeep had better prices, more options, and the aftermarket is never ending.

We know without a doubt that Ford is changing things for 2022 including more color options (tops and exterior for sure), more running gear options (manual and possible engines), something that is going to change the GVWR, and definitely more real life review information.

And yet with all these things, most of us, who are as much in the know as can be (vs the clueless mass population)... are still clamoring at each others throats to be first in line?

Besides the very large possibility that there will be a price increase for 2022... any actual sain reasons as to why it's 2021 or bust?
For one thing, all those "red flags" are Pollyanna, Chicken Little, sky is falling bullshit. Dismiss that nonsense, and there really isn't any reason not to buy a 2021 Bronco.

Last edited:

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
58 is young, buddy. :)
58 may be young (I'm 52), but in the last five years, I have lost too many friends (1-43 year-old died in his sleep, 2-50 year-olds - one from failed liver, the other from throat cancer and several others a few years older from various medical conditions) to dismiss 50ish as too young to die. I see folks my age dropping left and right. I am not waiting around for the "perfect" Bronco. This one will be perfect for me, and I intend to keep it until it dies or I die.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't see any red flags. I've never been a part of something like this, and it still excites me to be one of the first, plus it's a pretty cool vehicle...

Tomorrow is not promised for anyone regardless of age, so try to be your best everyday.
You are one of many. It's just that the few who see "red flags" are so damned noisy about it. They just cannot stop "warning" everyone. It'd be nice, if they would all just drop our, now, and leave the rest of us in peace.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want a new Bronco with the color scheme of the truck in your avatar. (y)

Wonder what it would cost to have the bumpers on a new Bronco chrome-plated?
Atlas Blue and GM Arctic White.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be interested in knowing about these trips! I want to do the same with my two daughters but there are only two or three off roading places here in Texas that interest me. Four if you count the Off-Roadeo!
If we buy in TX and fly in:
Get to the dealer early AM, get it all done, head out towards Roswell.
Head over to the painted desert in AZ by sundown to watch the sunset, stay the night in Winslow.
Head up to the Grand Canyon, stay the night somewhere there after spending all day.
Head over to CA, stay the night somewhere just north of LA.
Head up the PCH, stay the night near San Fran.
Head on up into Redwoods national park, get over into Oregon somewhere (probably Bend, OR), stay the night.
Head over to Idaho falls, stay the night.
Head to Yellowstone for the day, stay the night.
Head either north to Montana or south/east toward CO. Stay the night.
End up at Mt. Rushmore, stay the night.
Go to the Badlands the next day, stay the night either there or (seems to be a lack of lodging so it might be a long day) leave there and get a room farther east.
Various segments back to NC.

If we buy in WV:
Opposite direction.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2021 Limited Edition, because they are all sold out! Lol

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fully expect my FY21, July 29th reservation will end up being an FY22 build that I will get in the winter/spring of FY22. So, I am just sitting in line waiting.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We want it and the 2022 changes aren't important to us.
Others have touched on it, but if you wait for a 2022 then it becomes "well why not wait until 2023 when they add ______ and rumours of _________ being offered in 2024".

>Jeep had better prices, more options, and the aftermarket is never ending.

I priced a comparable Jeep. Besides the fact that half the trims don't come in 2-door, the only unique feature Jeep had factory was a power top.
Paying $52k for a Bronco vs Jeep, the Bronco has more colors, 360 camera, trail turn assist, bigger screen, interior colors that aren't black, V6, a few additional gears...

Maybe Jeep has a few tricks I'm not aware of. Their build-and-price is kinda shit and won't even make it obvious what drivetrain you get. Does a Rubicon have front lockers? I dunno. That might be on the Sahara or only on 4-door models or something. I know certain builds have V6 and diesel options but I'm not sure if it's limited by doors or trim or what. Their build-and-price has the same issues with vague confusion. Selecting one option and it forces me to choose between Safety Group and Safety Group. What's the difference?

Of course, now when I'm trying to get screenshots I swear Jeep's B&P has been overhauled because now i'm seeing options I didn't before. I swear I was pricing a 2-door Rubicon because that was the most expensive trim still available with 2-door.

And now let me complain about the Defender build-and-price that won't even let you see available paint colors.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks everyone for your responses. Aside from a small number of d-posts, I don't think I've seen a 13 page thread without 11 of them being about bashing Ford or ourselves.

To clarify, when I refered to 21, maybe I should have just said 6G because 21 or 22 are going to be only months apart. Others have figured it out but I was refering to so many of us willing to buy the complete unknown! We have so litlte info, no reviews, and 99% of us have not even seen one in person... yet we are not willing to wait until all the true facts and real life reviews come out.... I was just wondering WHY?

I've done my best to read all 13 pages so far, and I would sum it up as such..

1) life is to unpredictable

2) my existing ride (or non existing) isn't willing to wait.

3) Because I have a special emotional attachment to Ford Broncos that is calling me.

And as for red flags... I didn't say it was the end all, but they are out there. It clearly shows Ford has not dotted their I and crossed their T, and regardless if it is Ford still trying to sort out some last minute engineering issues, or vendors trying to rush (and possibly get sloppy) to produce supplies...there are activity changes and compromises going on daily... all of which points to instability...

... and yet WE (including me) are still standing in a long ass line, waiting to go through a door with little knowledge of what is on the other side.

May we all get our trouble free and kick ass Broncos very soon!

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All these comments about death... I don't think it has anything to do with age.

20 year olds die every day, too.
Dying to get a Darwin Award doesn't count.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Regardless of vehicle, I think it's cool to own the "first" of something. I know some people avoid first model years, but I have an '18 JLU that hasn't had any issues and I had a Cherokee when they relaunched them and didn't have any issues with that one, either.

There's also the concern about prices rising. It won't be anything crazy, but I know the JL has had price increases from year to year.

Sometimes it's just fun to be in on the ground floor and watch everything grow. I remember the early months of the JL not being able to find a soft top (lol in retrospect, anger at the time), going to Quadratec's website and pretty much knowing every accessory available because there were only a couple dozen. Collaborating with forum members on accessories that could be modified from the JK and stuff like that. It's just been a trip watching everything grow from the beginning.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What are the rumored drivetrain changes? Are they actual rumors based on anything other than wishful thinking? This is the only thing that may sway me, I don’t care about paint or interior colors

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MY22 could bring a green, but based on the infinite posts of color comparisons and dissections on here, 90% of those desiring green will not be happy with the particular green offered.
Sponsored