Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate 4 doors and just think a Bronco is a 2dr and that 4dr is blasphemy, but I do understand the business decision to do a 4 door; gives more options for everyone.

Besides all of the very valid reasons you've mentioned, yes, I think the 2dr can be used for overlanding; use a roof rack.

I ordered the rack and plan to stash my jerry cans, tent, and MaxTrax up there. may add a shower pod on one side and the shovel and axe. My tend is a ground tent.
I plan to do the same. It can definitely still be used for overlanding. Im not saying it can’t. I just think it would be more ideal being a little longer. In a perfect world we’d have all three. All serving a purpose. I just feel both the two door and the four door are a compromise and longer two door would be the sweet spot.

I can’t wait to see everyone’s builds down the road.
Sponsored

Jacobmic

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2008 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like you need a donor F150, torch, and a cab-over.
All that 90's bronco was, was a two door cab-over F-150... Modern super-crews are a far superior vehicle. 2021 bronco 2 door IMO is the best looking of all. It's like a Bronco II that actually works and looks killer. Lot's of guys shedding tears over the loss of the OJ years bronco. Nobody wanted to buy them, though. Auto manufacturers want money. They don't care about your wonder years in the 90s. Sorry bro, as a fan of the Foxbody Mustang, and square cars that will never come back I feel you.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to do the same. It can definitely still be used for overlanding. Im not saying it can’t. I just think it would be more ideal being a little longer. In a perfect world we’d have all three. All serving a purpose. I just feel both the two door and the four door are a compromise and longer two door would be the sweet spot.

I can’t wait to see everyone’s builds down the road.
More Ideal being a little longer is what "she" said. I digress.

I'm with you (and her) on some extra length. The new Defender 90 is about the size I'd prefer for a 2dr.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People want what they want, and I generally make it a point not to kink shame.

That said, someone recently justified their decision to get a 2-door because they need maximum cargo space, and with its rear seats removed (leaving just the two front), the total cargo area would be larger than it is in the 4-door with its rear seats still in place.

I didn’t know where to start trying to make sense of that.
You Can't

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you need a donor F150, torch, and a cab-over.
All that 90's bronco was, was a two door cab-over F-150... Modern super-crews are a far superior vehicle. 2021 bronco 2 door IMO is the best looking of all. It's like a Bronco II that actually works and looks killer. Lot's of guys shedding tears over the loss of the OJ years bronco. Nobody wanted to buy them, though. Auto manufacturers want money. They don't care about your wonder years in the 90s. Sorry bro, as a fan of the Foxbody Mustang, and square cars that will never come back I feel you.
Haha well I’m not trying to go back to the 90s. I always thought the 90s bronco was too wide and I didn’t like that it was basically a short F150. I do think the length was great but the width was too wide.
I agree the new one is like a capable Bronco ll and I love that. I just think a shrunken more trail friendly size 90s Bronco would be the ideal size.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The perfect Bronco (IMO)
... 103” to 105” wheelbase Bronco to me would be a more true to itself Bronco. In the process making a more stable and bigger storage spaced Bronco. Really capitalizing on Jeeps short comings.

What do you guys think?
That's what I was asking for all along. A few inches longer than 2-door Wranglers, and at least a foot shorter than the 4-door.
Better road manners at speed or with slick conditions, without crummy break over or turning.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I currently have a '05 Wrangler LJ Rubicon and yes it is the perfect length. That said, if you're designing a vehicle that will be offered in both 2dr and 4 dr, the Bronco wheelbase makes perfect sense. Neither will be all things to all people. When the LJ was built there were only 2dr Wranglers.

My only design complaint, from a size standpoint, is they should have about 3" more rear overhang. But, they were aiming directly at Wrangler with departure angle so that's not possible. BTW my '05 LJ has more rear overhang than a Bronco and will drag the hitch sometimes, but hey it's iron so who cares.
When we were looking for a TJ for my son, we came across a beautifully built yellow LJ for twice what we were shopping at. I almost bought it just because I knew I wanted it after I sold my JKUR. Still sort of regret not buying it, as it would have been an awesome toy.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When we were looking for a TJ for my son, we came across a beautifully built yellow LJ for twice what we were shopping at. I almost bought it just because I knew I wanted it after I sold my JKUR. Still sort of regret not buying it, as it would have been an awesome toy.
I'll have one for sale in a few months!

Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
lol I always love where these threads go. You can make a bingo card out of them because they always follow the same paths. This one had a topic with a glimmer of hope, but alas, it went the same way.

- Guy yelling about 4 doors being "blasphemy" or some other term usually used when speaking about religion
- A reference to the 70s
- "But a 4-door is better on sand," usually from a guy in Idaho
- Guy with 2 kids, 2 wives, and a dog claiming that a 2-door is "totally doable" if you just "try a bit."
- "Bus"
- A breakdown of how many friends someone has or doesn't have
- Yet another history lesson on why automakers started producing 4-door models to stay afloat
- A bunch of people buying 4-doors eventually losing their cool and flipping out
- Some (supposedly) witty variation of "mall crawler"
- If you fold the seats down in a 2-door, it's basically a Suburban. I even hear it opens a trans-dimensional wormhole of infinite storage capacity.
- Snide length jokes.
- A totally un-ironic discussion about authenticity and tradition
-Someone got divorced at some point

Feel free to add your own and play along! We've checked off some of these items, but others are yet to emerge. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Colorado 2jz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 4Runner. 93 Aristo. 02 S2000. 85 K10.
Your Bronco Model
Base
lol I always love where these threads go. You can make a bingo card out of them because they always follow the same paths. This one had a topic with a glimmer of hope, but alas, it went the same way.

- Guy yelling about 4 doors being "blasphemy" or some other term usually used when speaking
- A reference to the 70s
- "But a 4-door is better on sand," usually from a guy in Idaho
- Guy with 2 kids, 2 wives, and a dog claiming that a 2-door is "totally doable" if you just "try a bit."
- "Bus"
- A breakdown of how many friends someone has or doesn't have
- Yet another history lesson on why automakers started producing 4-door models to stay afloat
- A bunch of people buying 4-doors eventually losing their cool and flipping out
- Some (supposedly) witty variation of "mall crawler"
- If you fold the seats down in a 2-door, it's basically a Suburban. I even hear it opens a trans-dimensional wormhole of infinite storage capacity.
- Snide length jokes.
- A totally un-ironic discussion about authenticity and tradition
-Someone got divorced at some point

Feel free to add your own and play along! We've checked off some of these items, but others are yet to emerge. Stay tuned!
this whole bronco thing is b.s. a real bronco has a mane, tail and you ride on it. Lol

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I am still worried the 2-door will feel too big for what I want, but I would rather give the Bronco a try than go for another Jeep. I love my JKU, but it's time for a change.

Also, I looked it up a while back and the 2-door Bronco is not that far off from an LJ except in width. In my opinion, the Bronco fits that size category between the 2-door and 4-door Wrangler quite well. I think ultimately the 2-door Bronco will be more successful than the 2-door Wrangler (in comparison to their 4-door counterparts) because it is closer to the LJ than it is to the JL.

LJ Specs:

Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” LJ Specs

2021 Bronco Specs:

Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” 2021 Bronco Specs

JL Wrangler Specs:

Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.42.40 PM

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The perfect Bronco (IMO)

So I’m loving everything about the new Bronco. However, seeing how small the two door ended up being it has left me feeling that Ford didn’t fully capitalize on the Bronco being a roomier more civilized Jeep.
It’s made a copy of the Jeep. Be it a better one in a lot of aspects and it is longer. But I think it would have separated itself even more if it was even a little more longer. The 5th generation Bronco actually had a really good size wheelbase at 104.7” and was very stable.
The 2-door Bronco already is the better, roomier, more civilized Jeep. If you want it any bigger, you really just want the 4-door. See:
Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” 20201127_201126
Sponsored