Sponsored

2.7L, or 2.3L. Help me make the right decision.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good luck with that my friend. I've told myself "that's it, I'm not changing my mind again" at least a half dozen times. And dang-it, I changed it again today. This Bronco has got to be the hardest vehicle I've ever special ordered. I'll get through it for sure, but I may need therapy and medication after it's over. o_O :LOL:
UGH. you know what? Your reply made me think about it AGAIN! So I went and looked at 12" vs 8" bronco posts. The great news, for me, is that I actually prefer the look of the 8" screen! The 12" looks, to me, to be WAY TOO BIG for the dash. It just looks wrong to me. Thats my opinion and my taste. So you helped me feel much better about my choice. Now its solidified for real. Thanks for that!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UGH. you know what? Your reply made me think about it AGAIN! So I went and looked at 12" vs 8" bronco posts. The great news, for me, is that I actually prefer the look of the 8" screen! The 12" looks, to me, to be WAY TOO BIG for the dash. It just looks wrong to me. Thats my opinion and my taste. So you helped me feel much better about my choice. Now its solidified for real. Thanks for that!
I'm happy I could help my friend. Now, if only I could get some help for myself..........:oops: (y)

BTW, my problem is that dang LUX package. I've finally decided I would go ahead and get it as I'm in so deep what's another 3500. But like you, I don't much like that TV screen on the dash either. I guess I'll have to get used to it though.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm happy I could help my friend. Now, if only I could get some help for myself..........:oops: (y)

BTW, my problem is that dang LUX package. I've finally decided I would go ahead and get it as I'm in so deep what's another 3500. But like you, I don't much like that TV screen on the dash either. I guess I'll have to get used to it though.
I have B & O at home. Its great, but the thing with b & O in the bronco, is that the larger speakers, IMO, look kinda dumb when the top comes off. If you are cool with that or dont plan to take the top off, then fire away. IMO the lux package doest even belong on a bronco, at least not one with Sasquatch, but thats me. I am more of a minimalist, and I like things that look purpose built. The screen is something that I was hung up on, but it def looks way too big for that dash.. almost like it shouldn't be there. I saw some photos where the proportions looked perfect and I assumed that was the 12 inch, but it was in fact the 8".

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have B & O at home. Its great, but the thing with b & O in the bronco, is that the larger speakers, IMO, look kinda dumb when the top comes off. If you are cool with that or dont plan to take the top off, then fire away. IMO the lux package doest even belong on a bronco, at least not one with Sasquatch, but thats me. I am more of a minimalist, and I like things that look purpose built. The screen is something that I was hung up on, but it def looks way too big for that dash.. almost like it shouldn't be there. I saw some photos where the proportions looked perfect and I assumed that was the 12 inch, but it was in fact the 8".
I'm thinking about pulling the screen out altogether and putting in a 6-disc indash cd player, if it's possible.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm thinking about pulling the screen out altogether and putting in a 6-disc indash cd player, if it's possible.
CD player? I've still got some 8-track tapes laying around the house somewhere. Now you've got me to thinking. :)

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if there's room for both? @LEGEND , have you seen what it looks like behind the dash? (Don't get yourself in trouble.)

Also, do we need to move this to another thread? I'm not sure how to do that.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3 will be a fantastic engine, but if you've got the money and don't care about MT, it's hard to pass up the 2.7.

I've gone back and forth between MT 2.3 and the 2.7 about 1000 times but I think I'm settled on 2.7 now because yolo
Best forum nane everđź‘Ť

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2.3 seems like more than enough motor, but will it affect resale with the “base engine” stigma?
I mean we aren’t talking the 120hp 4 banger in my 2000 wrangler...

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 2.3 seems like more than enough motor, but will it affect resale with the “base engine” stigma?
I mean we aren’t talking the 120hp 4 banger in my 2000 wrangler...
Hang tight where's that vomit emoji?

JK. With the 10A it might, but not with the 7M.

bem

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 dodge Durango r/t 19 jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My last 3 vehicles have been with 5.7l hemi motors 360hp no problem gets out of its own way. Last Ford I had 94 Bronco XLT w/v8 great truck. Don't knw much about Ford eco boost 2.3 or 2.7 but the 2.7 is tried and tested power plant, I like the 310 hp it offers- little more hp is always good. I don't need a speed demon- if that was the case 6.2l would of have been my next step. Ford has hit a home run with the Bronco come back I hope their quality control will be on the mark and problems will be addressed quickly. This plastic oil pan / plug is a concern that I read about on the forum.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BB, the right side of my mind (the logical side) tells me that all of the time, but then the left side (the side that causes me to do stupid things) says, noooooo go big or go home you weenie. :)

Sadly I may have gotten older, but the kid in me still lurks up there........Damnit.
This is exactly me. I know for a stone cold fact the 2.3L is plenty engine for the way I drive. But that kid in me still pipes in with, “go big or go home.”