Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This could potentially be a blessing and a curse. Don't get me wrong, free is free so I can't complain about getting something for $0 when I was planning on buying it aftermarket. My only concern is why did Ford do this? Was the feedback from early testers that the cabin was too noisy? I was planning on adding some sound assassin strips before I applied my liner. I will no longer be able to do this. As a result I really hope the interior is good to go with the standard liner provided by Ford.
I'm guessing it's an assembly thing since this is during their testing the assembly process phase (not the testing the the product phase). @LEGEND had official names for the different phases.

My guess is that it was cheaper to have the top manufacturer provide tops with liners already on them than for Ford to install them. Or just more efficient assembly to throw them on everything.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what about the shadow black painted modular tops? Are they coming free on those too?
Maybe I'm just missing it, but I dont see anywhere in the letter to dealers that specifies this only applies to MIC tops. Bronco Nation does call out MIC tops, but the letter itself just says "now available across the entire 2021 Model Year Bronco hard top model lineup"...so maybe painted tops get it free as well?

https://community.thebronconation.c...adliner-for-all-mic-tops-on-2021-bronco.3812/
It includes them, Bronco Nation for some reason only called out MIC tops despite the email from Ford saying all tops.

I had ordered it anyway, so I'll take $500 off the sticker!

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so should I contact my dealer today? and have him add? (I have mgv) or do I wait till the email next week?

I don't want an order change next week to mess with my May estimated delivery date...

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a Badlands with MGV ordered, and I think I'm going to leave the headliner out and stick with Hothead. Feeling more comfortable with their quality based on the pics we've seen of the factory option. Would like to see some confirmation that this announcement doesn't impact Hothead's product plans though. Don't want to pass on this free offer and then not have the aftermarket option I'm looking for.

My two cents..way back when I had a conversation with the Stig..this was when they were still figuring out the assembly bottle necks! I believe the MIC+sound deadening was one. It was taking to long to install via line so I think now it's sent in already on the MIC. I'm just guessing now though since the Stig is on lock down I can't ask for information anymore. I'd assume anyone ordering it already will get their $495 or whatever the price was credited back! Then us who didn't order it it's on our MICs! Maybe I'm just theorizing!!
Thinking it's something along these lines as well, just more cost effective to install on nearly all the tops. Certainly having lower sound levels for reviews or trying to encourage people to go with the MIC top due to issues with other options are possibilities, but logistics and manufacturing seems more likely to me.

Also possible they are looking at a better headliner for MY22 (they're already working on changes to the roof rack for GVWR) and don't want complaints from the MY21 customers.

But, what about GVWR, we're all going to rollover. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just more evidence that in some cases the GVWR was just an excuse. (Headliner and PPF being the primary examples.)

Sponsored

AU98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone in the previous 8 pages stated that it's another free gift because maybe Ford is about to drop another disappointment on us?

Sorry, just didn't feel like reading through all this, but that's my guess as to why we get another freebie.
Its like when you are deployed and right before bad news comes they give you steak and icecream.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's nice to get something for 'free', but I didn't add it to mine because I'm not overly concerned with road noise. I want heat insulation more than sound deadening and this headliner doesn't look like it does much for heat. I was going to get the @Hothead Headliners version, but now this will probably make the install a little more difficult.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So what about the shadow black painted modular tops? Are they coming free on those too?
NO. MIC top is molded in color.
Saweet! :unsure:

Guessing noise was loud and or interfered with hands free tech. Possible temperature complaints given the cold testing as of late could have been another factor.
Noise did not seem to be a factor going 70 mph over uneven terrain and the Top was off during the King of the Hammer Event. :unsure:

Sponsored

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would not surprise me one bit....Per Ford: Sorry Bronco Reservation/Order holders due to the microchip shortage, all Bronco builds are on hold indefintely so we can build more F-150's and Mach E's, sorry for the inconvenience. We will keep you posted with updates.
Man....I sure hope not. Maybe with the reservation system used for Bronco Ford was able to get ahead last summer and has commitment from suppliers and there are pallets of microchips sitting just for Bronco. Let's all hope.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I read it correctly and you did not choose sound deadening with MGV you do not get it free. Now if they honor it as a change to your order or not is yet to be seen.
It is still free it just makes your interior less wash out because it's like carpet. you have to option it if you have the MGV it's a free option though.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am a bit disappointed about this (but im sure ford did me a favor)- I was excited about it being stripped down as possible.
What's your address? I know some guys that can help with that. How stripped did you want it?
Sponsored