2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean the explorer tows a not insignificant amount more than the Bronco and if it’s rated for it it can tow up a 7% grade.

I don’t think that tires really matter that much as far as stress on the transmission as long as your gearing is good. My JK 3.8 with 3.21 axle ratios definitely strains a bit with my 33’s lol.
Except for heat. Moving from 33s to 35s on my LJ, both on 4.88 gears saw a significant trans temp increase on flat roads in FL where the steepest incline is the entrance ramp to the highway.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Apparently the 10R60 shifts drastically different than the 10R80 - and in a positive manner. The 10R60 is not slushy, jerky, laggy or clunky when it downshifts. In fact, you can barely tell that it's downshifting when coming to a stop and there's no jerkiness. So, we got that going for us!

Found this......

Applications[edit]
Ford[edit]
10R60[edit]
10R80-MHT[edit]
10R80[edit]
Fixed it....

Applications
Ford
10R60
10R80-MHT
10R80

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well hopefully they have the fix first before sending them out if we end up with the 10R60.
It was determined that the issue was weak hose nozzles on the trans coolers so their was a tsb that replaces it with a better made trans cooler.

So yeah, one would hope that Ford puts the new version of the trans cooler in moving forward.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If only the trans was as easily swappable as the wiper blades... yeah, I'd have something to say about crappy wiper blades.

Sponsored

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If only the trans was as easily swappable as the wiper blades... yeah, I'd have something to say about crappy wiper blades.
Lol some people are like la la la I hear Nothing the automatic will be ok.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol some people are like la la la I hear Nothing the automatic will be ok.
Honestly, we just don't know one way or another until we start driving - and drive more than 8000 miles (per TDS).

What has me is that we were told something by the engineers and experts only to find that it's not. If the 10R60 is good enough to race with, then it's good enough for me to feel confident to last with my off-roading and normal driving. However, Ford chose the 10R80 to race and say it's the transmission used in the production Bronco. So what is it? We just don't know because Ford is not racing with the 10R60.

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apparently the 10R60 shifts drastically different than the 10R80 - and in a positive manner. The 10R60 is not slushy, jerky, laggy or clunky when it downshifts. In fact, you can barely tell that it's downshifting when coming to a stop and there's no jerkiness. So, we got that going for us!

Found this......

Applications[edit]
Ford[edit]
10R60[edit]
10R80-MHT[edit]
10R80[edit]
I don’t find the 10R80 to have any of those characteristics. Nearly everyone who owns a Ranger loves it including me. Sometimes the downshifts are somewhat aggressive but I wouldn’t say clunky or jerky and definitely not slushy. It’s a very nice transmission.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, we just don't know one way or another until we start driving - and drive more than 8000 miles (per TDS).

What has me is that we were told something by the engineers and experts only to find that it's not. If the 10R60 is good enough to race with, then it's good enough for me to feel confident to last with my off-roading and normal driving. However, Ford chose the 10R80 to race and say it's the transmission used in the production Bronco. So what is it? We just don't know because Ford is not racing with the 10R60.
Where did you see the Ford replaced the stock transmission with the 10R80 to race? This says stock Badlands:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.au...21-ford-bronco-norra-mexican-1000-baja-rally/

It seems Ford chose to race the 10R60 here...

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Y​
Or worse, they don’t get the bad rear ones with the soft top

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford races the 60 then that is good news. I started this thread with questions and seeking a deeper insight into the 60, not as a rag session. I have never thought the 60 was made of glass and would shatter the first time you put the truck in low range. There is just so little information on the 60 other than anecdotal accounts across the web. Longevity after a hard life on the rocks is a real question but for now that will likely be left unanswered.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you see the Ford replaced the stock transmission with the 10R80 to race? This says stock Badlands:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.au...21-ford-bronco-norra-mexican-1000-baja-rally/

It seems Ford chose to race the 10R60 here...
https://www.youtube.com/embed/UGwseZ9-U0M

We are using the production transmission... 10R80?

Racing with another transmission and calling it production grade is really low brow.
Needs a corrective statement with new race results using the 10R60 to prove it's ready for the market.
Sponsored