First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would never own an electric Bronco and can't imagine why anyone would either. If 230-300 miles of range is enough for your Bronco, it sounds like it's not being used to its potential.

Electric car? Sure. But a Bronco or F150, nope not for me. I would buy a hybrid though.
Sponsored

Jeraeyguy84

Outer Banks
First Name
Ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish they just focus on getting the regular broncos out. Electric, wathogs....just give me my 22 bronco

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
RIP Bronco ICE 2022 - 2025

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In the OPā€™s post, it outlines the Explorer is likely on that list (and makes sense).

Iā€™m still not sure how I feel about the looks of the Mach E. Part of me likes it, part of me doesnā€™tā€¦ canā€™t put my finger on it until I see them on the roads.
I drove a Mach E a few weeks ago and loved it. I actually quite like the looks in person, much more than in photos, and was happy with the size as well. Smaller than i thought it was. The said, IT'S NOT A MUSTANG, and the name irritates me to no end.

20210425_172458.jpg

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would totally do a Bronco-E if 2 things happened.
1. Ford gave an incentive or cash back or financing inclusion for the expansion of our solar system. Right now we have 2 systems and "main" system with high quality components running about 3000 watts power our 3 cabins. We also have as supplementary system running our shop with about 400 watts and cheap components but it works and will run my drill press and grinder. We are working on upgrading the cheap system to 5400 watts of panels we recently got. However I dont think we could successfully keep up an EVs battery year round with less than a 10KW system if that. But if Ford wants to get people on board they need to start selling carports with panels.
2.The other thing that would have to happen is that it would need to be as capable as the atleast a Badlands model. With ruggedness and articulation and modifiability.

Then this could be a real possiblilty for me.

Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the OPā€™s post, it outlines the Explorer is likely on that list (and makes sense).

Iā€™m still not sure how I feel about the looks of the Mach E. Part of me likes it, part of me doesnā€™tā€¦ canā€™t put my finger on it until I see them on the roads.
I actually got the chance to test drive a Mach E this weekend at the Houston Auto Show. I will say this, I hate minamalistic looks in cars. Its partially why I love what Tesla does, but I could never bring myself to purchase one because of how minimalist it is.

But the driving part was phenomenal in that car. Was absolutely a joy to drive. This is also coming from someone that has never driven an EV before. After driving it I personally cant wait till Bronco has an EV option.

GiddyUpThatPony

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll happily sell my '21 Bronco for a '25 EV Bronco - I've often said the Bronco would be my last combustion engine vehicle...it might as well be my first EV too! :)
As long as itā€™s a 2 door. Iā€™d love an EV Bronco. However, Iā€™m guessing, based on wheelbase and what is apparently being planned for the Lightning, that only longer wheelbase, 4 door models will be offered.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just hope Ford doesnā€™t think they need to make it look ā€œfuturisticā€ just because itā€™s electric. Already hating those rubber bands on the Mars rover like wheels in the render.
Ford knows they knocked it out of the park with the Bronco design. One of the great things about the Lightning is they didnā€™t try to do the crazy futuristic look, it looks just like any other truck. Wouldnā€™t be shocked if we just saw a solid grille as the major change.

qwaves

Badlands
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1250 GSA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
E-Bronco.....that's pretty heavy man.
The Lightning's battery is 1,800 lbs. so more than a few subcompact cars.
My BL, whenever I see it, is suppose do be over 5K lbs and that heft kind of bothers me already.
Not sure if a 3 ton plus off-road tool makes sense, no matter how much torque it makes.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Terrific....they canā€™t even build this one , and now they are talking about maybes. Build the damn vehicles we have reserved and ordered now. Make that priority!

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: 2025...I won't have my day 1 res by then

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40798...er-as-ford-plans-two-new-ev-platforms-by-2025

With all that out in the open, it's time to discuss the possibility of an electric Bronco within the next four years. Ford CEO Jim Farley has already hinted that, yeah, one is in the works, but he never mentioned how soon it would arrive. No one has come out saying that a battery-electric Bronco will go on sale by 2025; however, this clip of Ford's Chief Product Platform and Operations Officer Hau Thai-Tang standing in front of a Bronco-esque profile while discussing that very deadline seems indicative.

Also, with dealers planning special expansions to specifically host Bronco models in the future, it'd make sense to capitalize on that off-shoot brand potential.

It is, of course, possible that the Bronco EV will come at a later date while the platform it's rumored to be based on rolls out in 2025. Part of that may depend on the public's reception of the electric F-150 Lightning, which has already notched 70,000 reservations since its reveal last week. Ford knows it must cater to its more traditional buyers, which will mean proving its most popular models, like the F-Series, are good enough when powered by electricity alone.

That could dictate its decision to roll out a silent Bronco off-roader sooner, or later.

Ford Bronco Electric Bronco EV Teased in Announcement of New Ford EV Platforms 20210425_172458
Just make sure it's all uphill on the way there, so you can make it back home ok.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A) If they offered a EV version of the Bronco today, it's what I would order. I keep holding out hope (naively) that they will announce a 2022 or 2023 Bronco EV. I know it's crazy, but they did redesign the F-150 for '21 and announced a '22 EV version.

B) I think one of the most under appreciated features, and no one has mentioned this, of an EV is the frunk. Especially on an open air vehicle like the Bronco. To have enclosed lockable storage of that volume is a game changer in my mind.
I was thinking that, too. My plan was to buy an EV to use as a daily driver after the Bronco is paid off. But a Bronco EV would work!

Use the EV without top and doors for my daily driver and for local off-roading and use the ICE Bronco for my longer excursions and lengthy camping trips.šŸ˜

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If thatā€™s the outline of the Bronco E ...Zero ground clearance ..maybe It will be called ā€œstreet hogā€ edition
Sponsored