Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will obviously defer to Ross on this subject, but here is how I view the scheduling process:
  • The logical hierarchy for scheduling is Dealer Allocation > Commodities > Timestamp.
  • When the commodities runs out within your dealer’s allocation, your order will be seen as “unscheduled-dirty” and skipped for the next “unscheduled-clean” order that can be built.
So with that in mind, you appear to have several constrained commodities in your order (BL, SAS, LUX, TOW), but if the commodities for your order are available in your dealer’s allocation when the scheduling program reaches your timestamp, then your order is “clean” and can be built. If the commodities are unavailable when the scheduling program reaches your timestamp, then your order is “dirty” and will be skipped.

Ross, please correct me if I am mistaken.
It's a bit of a moving target, but this is a pretty safe way of understanding the structure.
Sponsored

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After seeing my Bronco 2dr still not getting scheduled among the thousands of orders today I'm highly considering switching to a 4dr soft top with prep pkg. Just doesn't seem like my dealer is going to get many hard top orders, the sister dealership got 5 to my dealerships 1, 3 of theirs were 2door hardtops. Really don't feel like waiting till next year for a 7/15 order, at least a soft top will put me in a better spot. Not sure if Ford does sister dealership allocation together, but it sure seems that way.

Nowherefast0294

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dang Ugh!!! Just keep waiting I suppose. What is priority 11 FWIW and priority 99? I keep hearing people on hear talk about it and don’t know what they are ? And how to do I obtain a priority ?
I too have a March order date and was told I would get delivery in October or November.
I have a priority 11 FWIW.
He called 2 weeks ago and said if I changed my order to a soft top I might get it built in July.
I said I'd hold out for the MIC.

FYI
Communication today with the DM for my Dealer.

Ed,
I hope all is well in the family,
I am touching base to see if there are any updates with the Bronco order.
I have heard rumors that we might not see these vehicles until 2022.
Still hoping for a late fall delivery?
If you have any information I would appreciate it.

Jerry,
The constraints on your order are: modular front bumper, front bumper push bar and supplier availability. Even the soft top is now on constraint, go figure.
Ed

In other words it sounds like I might be screwed.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a bit of a moving target, but this is a pretty safe way of understanding the structure.
Thanks for the feedback. Like with many aspects of production, Ford doesn’t discuss details, so retail customers have to read between the lines, using feedback and tips from dealers and insiders. 👍

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. Like with many aspects of production, Ford doesn’t discuss details, so retail customers have to read between the lines, using feedback and tips from dealers and insiders. 👍
There is a very good reason to not discuss details. Things are so fluid so unless you need to know on a daily basis you don't need to know. The problem is that people on the forum are nosey. :p Ford gives as much details as anyone actually needs. Unfortunately there are some people who think they are entitled to more.

Sponsored

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do we still expect dealer allocation to be 30% of orders? Even if it's not in order of the first 30%. **** 2 door BL, Sasq, 2.7L, lux. 7/14 2am reservation. Number 84 (MY21 selection) out of about 120(400 total orders) allocated 30%. @PREMiERdrum am I out of luck, or could a concentration on 2 door tops save the build? (I think we need to Venmo you for your time!)
How do you all get your dealers to give their allocation and where you fall in the pecking order information ? My dealer seems to be clueless when I ask these questions and I never get a straight answer. I'm beginning to think they are just acting that way as a means to manage expectations or more realistically disappointment.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang Ugh!!! Just keep waiting I suppose. What is priority 11 FWIW and priority 99? I keep hearing people on hear talk about it and don’t know what they are ? And how to do I obtain a priority ?
99 = do not build my bronco, i am waiting for 2022/2023
10-19 = I am common scum, but please build my bronco whenever you get around to it
1 = I am a lucky SOB and my bronco will be built ahead of common scum

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation.
Ok, I don’t know who you are or what you do, but I consider you the authority on Bronco production matters. Just when I had just about given up on my 2D base model, you said we should hear something soon. Is he serious, I thought? He speaks with such authority, I thought. I will be cautiously optimistic, I thought....

I JUST GOT A PRODUCTION DATE, BAW!!! AUGUST 9.

Well done, sir.

Chick

Badlands
First Name
Chick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modified 2005 Subaru STi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are the actual dates (if known) that the plant will be shut down?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There is a very good reason to not discuss details. Things are so fluid so unless you need to know on a daily basis you don't need to know. The problem is that people on the forum are nosey. :p Ford gives as much details as anyone actually needs. Unfortunately there are some people who think they are entitled to more.
So since you are a member and you are not here for the early insight and information, what do you find helpful on the forum since 90% of the threads have people looking for information?

Sponsored

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I completely get it. Because there is so much volatility in the biggest compounding issue facing the scheduling of builds - commodity constraints - I generally think it's safest to look at your position within your dealer's allocations in thirds.

Top Third: Fairly safe for MY21 production
Middle Third: On the bubble, depended on buildability of your configuration
Bottom Third: See you next year, in most cases.
I'm confused.... aren't the allocations specifically for MY21? If you have a clean build but are in the bottom third of the allocations... aren't you still supposed to get MY21? i.e. if you're #90 out of 100 allocations, you're MY21, but if you're #110 out of 100 allocations, then you're MY22.
Or did Ford say they won't be able to fill all allocations as originally calculated?

Freyer

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base CG 2dr manual & '22 Miata Club
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so I'm a more recent order than probably any of those on here...I'm just curious on timing for the various info you guys keep referencing so I can set proper expectations...not that I have any more than hoping and wishing...just learning and gathering info at this time...

Base 2.3 manual 2 door / Carb. Grey / roof rack / aux

I have a confirmed order # (does that really mean anything?)

Trying to get an allocation order number from my dealer but nothing yet.

How soon to a VIN or sticker? I can't check anything until that is in place.

I don't think I've seen a single Base 2dr manual referenced in any thread so I have no idea how this fits into the different constraints other than the MIC top...any thoughts?

Thanks for anything you more experienced Bronco folks can offer.

John / NC

sapper726

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum appreicate all your contributions to the forum. Curious your thoughts on where I stand. 24 out of 64 at my dealer with a 7/16 reservation.

4dr Base, Squatch, HD, Aux, MIC

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm confused.... aren't the allocations specifically for MY21? If you have a clean build but are in the bottom third of the allocations... aren't you still supposed to get MY21? i.e. if you're #90 out of 100 allocations, you're MY21, but if you're #110 out of 100 allocations, then you're MY22.
Or did Ford say they won't be able to fill all allocations as originally calculated?
Your logic isn't wrong, it just doesn't take constraints into consideration.

Let's take for example a dealer with 10 allocations. You are #9. As Ford is scheduling, it goes down the list and #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 all have builds that have parts they don't have right now. Ford doesn't stop because the dealer has 10 allocations - it moves to #11, 12, 13 until if finds one it can build. So, let's say #13 can be built. Boom. It's scheduled.

Now, the dealer has 9 allocations left for the year, and timestamps #1-10 are still waiting. One of them isn't getting built.

Being higher on the list means you get considered first, but it doesn't guarantee you'll get built first. And, if enough of this happens, #9 is going to miss out on a MY21.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so I'm a more recent order than probably any of those on here...I'm just curious on timing for the various info you guys keep referencing so I can set proper expectations...not that I have any more than hoping and wishing...just learning and gathering info at this time...

Base 2.3 manual 2 door / Carb. Grey / roof rack / aux

I have a confirmed order # (does that really mean anything?)

Trying to get an allocation order number from my dealer but nothing yet.

How soon to a VIN or sticker? I can't check anything until that is in place.

I don't think I've seen a single Base 2dr manual referenced in any thread so I have no idea how this fits into the different constraints other than the MIC top...any thoughts?

Thanks for anything you more experienced Bronco folks can offer.

John / NC
Hi John. I got a build date for my base 2d manual today. I hadn’t seen jack about bases either and was pretty discouraged. It’s pretty bare bones, just added roof rack, floor mats and door keypad. Reservation was 14 July, build date is 9 August. There is hope.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.