Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Meh.. They are here. But at this point I don’t have much faith in their ability to do anything. They are way behind in addressing issues that were known before these trucks left the factory.
I wouldn't expect someone from Ford to post a fix has been found a couple of hours later. Some of these things could take a long time to find a solution and put it in place.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They will get there.....eventually....until then we can put all the jeep bashing on hold...

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what I find a bit baffling is that the computer sees some problem with trailer break controller and then decides to just shut off the engine? If you had actually been towing, uphill or downhill, shutting off the engine - which I guess shuts off power breaks and steering (?) seems like a rather dumb and dangerous 'solution' to some break controller problem.

I hope we don't get to see too many of these electronic glitches and shut downs, can't always get a tow service (or even cell service) everywhere.

Dealer with is insurance nonsense is just the cherry on top, LOL.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took my Bronco (Badlands, 2.7) to Silver Lake ORV Area in MI last week and spent a couple of hours tooling around the dunes. It was our first time on the dunes, I didn't baby it out there but also didn't do anything crazy that would land me on YouTube. Kept it in sand mode the entire time, had plenty of power, handled great, didn't get stuck. Overall, my family had a great time!

Made it about 80 miles down the road when this fault popped up on the dash. Was running fine on the way home up until then. No strange noises, temp levels normal, no noticeable leaks or anything. Next thing I knew, the engine stopped and we coasted to a halt on the side of the highway. Tried starting it a few times after letting it rest, but it would not even attempt to turn over, just kept displaying this error and the "Service Advancetrac" fault. All interior electronics were working fine, but ended up having to get it towed to the dealer.

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.

IMG_5314.jpg
Tell your dealer to go pound fucking sand it’s under warrenty it’s a brand new vehicle you weren’t beating the balls off of it you were using it as it’s advertised to be used . Not going to lie with all these issues that evryone is having I’m getting more tempted to say fuck it . I’m not trying to drop 52000 on a fucking terd.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

File a claim with insurance. 😂🤣

Tell him in the offroad truck repair business, insurance and warranty can be interchangeable!! That is unless you bought a mall crawler, and then in that case.... it wouldn't be insurance, but sounds like you bought a factory offroad rig!!
Factory off road or not if the failure occurred due to an outside influence (sand, mud, water, etc), Ford is not required to cover it. Warranty covers defects that occur due to manufacturer related failures in quality and workmanship. It seems unlikely the OP caused it, but don’t let the vehicles intended use lull you into a sense of false security when it comes to warranty coverage.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there is a problem in the ABS system. the bas is the sensor base for everything mentioned in the faults. abs sensors are the input for trailer braking, tracking or stability programming. this sounds like a software topic or possibly damage to a wheel sensor. as part of the abs system if i am not mistaken, it may be covered under federal safety mandates which extend past the life of the car's warranty...
But none of that would shut the engine off!

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what I find a bit baffling is that the computer sees some problem with trailer break controller and then decides to just shut off the engine? If you had actually been towing, uphill or downhill, shutting off the engine - which I guess shuts off power breaks and steering (?) seems like a rather dumb and dangerous 'solution' to some break controller problem.

I hope we don't get to see too many of these electronic glitches and shut downs, can't always get a tow service (or even cell service) everywhere.

Dealer with is insurance nonsense is just the cherry on top, LOL.
The trailer brake controller is highly unlikely to be the root cause of the engine shut down.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some B.S. I hope its nothing major! I live in the land of sand, this better not be some major issue.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I have the factory trailer towing package. Haven't towed anything yet. That would be interesting though because as you've mentioned we've seen a few ABS/Service Advancetrac errors pop up over the last few weeks.
I did re-watch @evilletruck video of his BD and he has the trailer tow package as well. There could still be a difference in the hardware/software for the BL and BD trailer tow since the BL has LED tail lights and the BD does not.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to hear this Mark. I hope it's nothing serious. BTW, does your dealer even know what the Bronco was built for? I mean, " a lot of sand underneath"....really. What an idiot.
Take it back covered in mud to see the shock in the dealer again

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did re-watch @evilletruck video of his BD and he has the trailer tow package as well. There could still be a difference in the hardware/software for the BL and BD trailer tow since the BL has LED tail lights and the BD does not.
Does the Bronco tow pack have trailer sway control by chance? I don't think it does....

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?
PSX_20210726_173904.jpg

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs