Sponsored

Why no 33's on any trim besides badlands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please don't assume 35s would result in a non compliant ride on road.

A lot of trucks and off road vehicles run 35s and all the sudden the on road performance is compromised. This is the case because most vehicles are not designed to run 35s.

The bronco is designed to run 35s so I think many will be suprised how well it behaves on road.
My last Bronco had both 33's and 35's both running the same suspension, only difference to accommodate the 35's was a 1 inch body lift and fender trimming. It wasn't a huge difference but was noticeable and I liked the way it drove on 33's better.

Maybe I will just get some motorized steps to make it easier to get in and out off
Sponsored

OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Badland replaces sport with rock crawl, and adds sway bar disconnect
I want the sport mode and could care less about sway bar disconnect, infact might add a rear sway bar

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
did your last bronco come from the factory with 35s?

My last Bronco had both 33's and 35's both running the same suspension, only difference to accommodate the 35's was a 1 inch body lift and fender trimming. It wasn't a huge difference but was noticeable and I liked the way it drove on 33's better.

Maybe I will just get some motorized steps to make it easier to get in and out off

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please don't assume 35s would result in a non compliant ride on road.

I have own a lot of cars over the last 7 years and every time my family goes out of town .. everyone wants me to take the raptor because it is so comfortable.

Alot of trucks and off road vehicles run 35s and all the sudden the on road performance is compromised. This is the case because most vehicles are not designed to run 35s.

The bronco is designed to run 35s so I think many will be suprised how well it behaves on road.
Some of issue of us wanting 33’s instead of 35’s is the option of having an A/T tread vs a M/T tread. I need a tread capable of being decent on the freeway and my experience with an A/T tread has been good and those here who have had both say they also prefer the A/T tread for the same reason. When my wife saw M/T tires on the 35’s she said no way.....I’d like a choice there

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
easy solution .. replace and sell the MTs with AT in 35s. This is what I am doing. Wait until it comes out. This forum will turn into a classified.

I am going with 35s because I want the lift and big suspension and the gearing. The OEM wheels with beadlocks in 35 will weigh around 105 pounds. I can get that into the low 80s with aftermarket forged wheels and AT tires.

I have done it before >> https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...tanium-w-duratracs-on-performance-blue.76183/

Some of issue of us wanting 33’s instead of 35’s is the option of having an A/T tread vs a M/T tread. I need a tread capable of being decent on the freeway and my experience with an A/T tread has been good and those here who have had both say they also prefer the A/T tread for the same reason. When my wife saw M/T tires on the 35’s she said no way.....I’d like a choice there

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How much do you give up with 35 ATs vs 35 MTs on the trail? The few 35 ATs I’ve seen look fairly aggressive from a tred perspective.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How much do you give up with 35 ATs vs 35 MTs on the trail? The few 35 ATs I’ve seen look fairly aggressive from a tred perspective.
did your last bronco come from the factory with 35s?
It also comes down to compromise as my wife has a say. If it was solely her decision she’d be looking at the Outer Banks mall crawler due to the features, but she also wanted something like the Rubicon Jeep, thus convincing her to take the Badlands trim was an easy proposition. But the 35” M/T’s were more than she was willing to accept.......and we both agreed, we weren’t going to spend $1,400 for replacing tires w/A/T’s on top of the cost of the Sasquatch Package. We’ll see how the individual option availability shakes out when the option list is released in August

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It also comes down to compromise as my wife has a say. If it was solely her decision she’d be looking at the Outer Banks mall crawler due to the features, but she also wanted something like the Rubicon Jeep, thus convincing her to take the Badlands trim was an easy proposition. But the 35” M/T’s were more than she was willing to accept.......and we both agreed, we weren’t going to spend $1,400 for replacing tires w/A/T’s on top of the cost of the Sasquatch Package. We’ll see how the individual option availability shakes out when the option list is released in August
I was genuinely curious regarding the difference between AT and MT if you know. I will spend the large majority of my driving on the street and would prefer a better ride while maintaining a 35.

OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
easy solution .. replace and sell the MTs with AT in 35s. This is what I am doing. Wait until it comes out. This forum will turn into a classified.

I am going with 35s because I want the lift and big suspension and the gearing. The OEM wheels with beadlocks in 35 will weigh around 105 pounds. I can get that into the low 80s with aftermarket forged wheels and AT tires.

I have done it before >> https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...tanium-w-duratracs-on-performance-blue.76183/
I almost always replace heavy factory wheels, my Forgelines on my Shelby. They are 19x10.5 and weigh 21 lbs, and probably stronger than any off road wheel

Ford Bronco Why no 33's on any trim besides badlands? forgelines

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I get a Sasquatch I might swap to 33's, but the 315's come on 8.5" wheels instead of 8's so a narrower shorter tire might not look right. I have 235 85 16's on my Rubicon and the 8" wheels are a stretch (literally and figuratively). If they offer a stand alone rear locker, especially w/ 4.27 or 4.46, on the base optioning up tire size or aftermarket would work.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.