Sponsored

Why no 33's on any trim besides badlands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mostly because they only offer the 4.70 gears with the MT on the Badlands model, plus, if you want Ford to put them on for you, you’ll pay more.

Honestly though, I’d rather put the tires I want that meet my needs than whatever tire the factory puts on. I’ll put 33s on the BD, and for the $6K savings, I can regear if the 4.46 doesn’t get it done.

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You need an outer banks.

OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So an Outer Banks with Lux and then put 33s on it? You don't need 4.70s with 33s.
I don't want 4:70's but the 4:27's in the Outer banks is to high, if outer banks had the 4:46 it would work for me.

Sponsored
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota T100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly if you want a bad ass trail rig for the NW, ole Sassy's home. Then, 35's are over compensating for driving ability. 33's will roll through over and through everything. If your more old school and don't care about the looks then tall skinnies are where its at!!! They may drive a bit slower but they always get you home.

Last edited:

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well yeah but wasn't that @Escape_Artist who did that? He didn't call you gay, he's just the resident class clown around here.
Yeah I forget not everyone here is up to date on how this place has been operating.

@DonsBronc no disrespect intended. With all the threads about how people can’t get 35”s was funny to see one of someone mad about the 35”s and wanting 33”s.
Ford Bronco Why no 33's on any trim besides badlands? 1595042580464

OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I forget not everyone here is up to date on how this place has been operating.

@DonsBronc no disrespect intended. With all the threads about how people can’t get 35”s was funny to see one of someone mad about the 35”s and wanting 33”s.
Ford Bronco Why no 33's on any trim besides badlands? 1595042580464
It's all good, I know Ford reads these forums, so when I am negative I am trying to get Fords attention, not trying to get the forum all worked up. I guess some here don't get my sarcasm.

I have been offroading since the mid 70's my first vehicle was a 69 Bronco, and have had a Bronco of some sort pretty much all my life. Now that I am getting older a new modern Bronco is what I want, but offroading isn't a priority anymore. I don't care if I have the biggest tires, but anything smaller than 33's just won't look right. Also compared to what I am used to this is going to under powered. So with 33's and 4.46 gears it will at least have some getty up

I want the New Bronco to be the best it can be, and just think Ford is trying to push the 35's and the base to much and forgetting there are a lot of us who want something in the middle

OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
my goal is modern interpretation of a lubr bronco
so that's part of the reason I want 33's along with small or no flares, blue with white top, could be bad ass

lubr.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't need the rock crawling suspension, or sway bar disconnect. Plus the Wildtrak has a sport mode and Baja Mode which is more suited to my needs

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please don't assume 35s would result in a non compliant ride on road.

I have own a lot of cars over the last 7 years and every time my family goes out of town .. everyone wants me to take the raptor because it is so comfortable.

Alot of trucks and off road vehicles run 35s and all the sudden the on road performance is compromised. This is the case because most vehicles are not designed to run 35s.

The bronco is designed to run 35s so I think many will be suprised how well it behaves on road.

so why not give it tires that will give it the better road manors , while still keep it offroad capable.

tarantularock

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / future Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know it’s not a big difference but I want 33s, I have 35’s on my f150 and last time I changed one of those it was a pain... I’m not getting any younger!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.