First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Misery loves company and there appears to be plenty of company in recent threads between MIC problems, rogue warning lights, and of course the continued production delays.

As of last night, I am now on the 6th build date change with 8/30 listed as week of production.

Considering we are all paying at or near MSRP, a poster in the mail and $250 in Ford credit is no long sufficient for the cluster F that is Ford right now. A few members of my family work as engineers in the OEM supplier space so I’m well aware of the global supply chain issues. That does not negate Ford’s ability to plan and more importantly communicate.
My biggest concern at this point is taking delivery and having an out of service vehicle waiting on warranty repair.

If Ford doesn’t get their act together (in form of apology and/or incent) I’m going to flip my Bronco, take the $10-15k and run.

I hate to feel this way after the Bronco Off Roadeo but enough is enough.

2.7 BB, MID, MIC, TOW, Shadow Black

Anyone else moving on from this disaster or am I being dramatic?
We've got you!!!

Ford Bronco I can no longer “Stay Pumped” we-will-pump-you-u

The waiting and all the doom and gloom is making this difficult for you, and I understand how you feel completely. Every time I buy a machine gun or a suppressor, I have to wait on the ATF. It was good practice for buying a Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
misery loves company.

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well now, you would be 100% correct. However, I cannot control the communications that come out of corporate. It’s virtually nonexistent. But at this point, if they started to communicate, could you really believe what you read?
I would take a communicated plan about MIC tops, which we know are and will continue to be a problem.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Misery loves company and there appears to be plenty of company in recent threads between MIC problems, rogue warning lights, and of course the continued production delays.

As of last night, I am now on the 6th build date change with 8/30 listed as week of production.

Considering we are all paying at or near MSRP, a poster in the mail and $250 in Ford credit is no long sufficient for the cluster F that is Ford right now. A few members of my family work as engineers in the OEM supplier space so I’m well aware of the global supply chain issues. That does not negate Ford’s ability to plan and more importantly communicate.
My biggest concern at this point is taking delivery and having an out of service vehicle waiting on warranty repair.

If Ford doesn’t get their act together (in form of apology and/or incent) I’m going to flip my Bronco, take the $10-15k and run.

I hate to feel this way after the Bronco Off Roadeo but enough is enough.

2.7 BB, MID, MIC, TOW, Shadow Black

Anyone else moving on from this disaster or am I being dramatic?
How dare you threaten to profit off your vehicle. All seriousness, Ford doesn’t care if you buy it sell it or cancel it. It will still be a sold unit either way.

Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m excited to see the (likely few) new options for MY22. I‘ve known for months that I’ll be getting one next year. As long as I get mine before summer, I’m happy. As an October Granger reservation, I’m starting to think that’s unlikely.
I reserved second day in 2020 a year and a half before my 40 birthday.this was going to be my second bronco. My first car was a bronco. This has been a huge disappointment. I’m pricing a wrangler. The thing that put me over is the keep sky top. I get that jeep has a huge running start,but Ford can’t even get out a plastic hard top let alone a sky top. Ford has already told me 23my for the top I want. I’m done waiting. 50k is too much to spend for compromises.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The global supply chain reason falls short for me when that has nothing to do with the engineering of a part that is so difficult to make that a leading supplier can't build them correctly. How is the global supply chain issue related to fitment and delaminations? The chip shortage has nothing to do with that, Ford was/is in control of their own engineering, right? That's what I don't understand.

It does make sense why lots of F150s are parked, but not being able to build a truck due to engineering issues, blaming a third party, pointing towards macro global issues and then asking us to 'stay pumped'...rings hollow.

Ok, rant over. It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"I can no longer stay pumped"
Ford Bronco I can no longer “Stay Pumped” EzFM1lAW8AELT4A

So to clarify, you're "walking away from this disaster" by still buying a bronco?
Henry Ford is spinning in his grave and all his children are mourning.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The global supply chain reason falls short for me when that has nothing to do with the engineering of a part that is so difficult to make that a leading supplier can't build them correctly. How is the global supply chain issue related to fitment and delaminations? The chip shortage has nothing to do with that, Ford was/is in control of their own engineering, right? That's what I don't understand.

It does make sense why lots of F150s are parked, but not being able to build a truck due to engineering issues, blaming a third party, pointing towards macro global issues and then asking us to 'stay pumped'...rings hollow.

Ok, rant over. It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?
Don't forget the delays from the Suez Canal traffic jam.....

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will counter your lack of "stay pumped" with a "we hear you" if that doesn't fix things we'll send you a bent up oversized envelope with pictures and stickers of the vehicle you'll never get.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes they are but that still doesn’t excuse Ford for the lack of communication when it comes to when we might be getting our Broncos.
I still don't understand this logic...
Ford has no idea what the production outlook is right now because of all the uncertainty with everything, the MIC tops, parts constraints, etc.
What the heck do you want ford to say now? Hey guys give us a minute? It's obviously going to be awhile, and any news Ford gives is going to be chastised unless that news is they travelled into the future with Doc Brown and brought everyones broncos back to the future....

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assure you the the juice is worth the squeeze. Drove mine with the top down for first time last night. My wife and i went to dinner in it. I am a used car dealer and ive been offered 20k over for it. I did not sell it. On way home last night my wife said its the simple things that make you happy, we had a great drive back home.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I reserved second day in 2020 a year and a half before my 40 birthday.this was going to be my second bronco. My first car was a bronco. This has been a huge disappointment. I’m pricing a wrangler. The thing that put me over is the keep sky top. I get that jeep has a huge running start,but Ford can’t even get out a plastic hard top let alone a sky top. Ford has already told me 23my for the top I want. I’m done waiting. 50k is too much to spend for compromises.
Make sure you go on a long test drive. The JLs steer quite differently than the bronco.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m keeping my Bronco order. But I went ahead and ordered a Maverick on Wednesday, received a vin and production date the next day…
Hey Ford, do it again. But this time with the Bronco.
I’ll likely flip the Bronco unless it shows up without any issues. Which seems like a long shot.

Look at my squanch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love hearing people who have build dates bitch about having to wait when the vast majority of order holders have no build date and no clue when to even expect a build date. Then you say you're going to be the scum that sells their bronco marked up on eBay? Sounds like you never liked the bronco that much to begin with #crybaby
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.