Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's easy to get pissed because a bunch of us are so close. But throwing in the towel puts you in the same boat with a different sticker on the hood. I looked at other options seriously earlier this week, same thing. Ordering limited based on supply, new inventory is base model at best...there isn't much out there. If you leave the bronco, be prepared to be pissed off at the next guy for the same reason
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love hearing people who have build dates bitch about having to wait when the vast majority of order holders have no build date and no clue when to even expect a build date. Then you say you're going to be the scum that sells their bronco marked up on eBay? Sounds like you never liked the bronco that much to begin with #crybaby
Amen!!!!!!!

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I came to the site today to see what kick in the balls Ford has waiting for us this week.

As a first day res holder with no clue as to when it will be built I am frustrated at the piss poor communication from Ford.

But, I have to have some wonder at just how good a job the designers and engineers (except the MIC guy, seems he shit the bed hard) did on this vehicle that despite all that, I still want it! Bad!

And I do feel for the "jerked around 6 times crowd" that have had their dates changed so many times.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We're all abit frustrated, Bronco fatigued, like my father always said "Rome wasn't built in a day". I personally wanted a bronco since it was teased years ago,then 2017 they told us it was coming back, I saved from that point a few haircuts a day in a jar, since the reveal I was sold! Given the fact this was durning a pandemic & lockdown, there was chip shortages,than the fire & the rubber shortage,MIC,many other shortages & delays from manufacturers etc.... Ford isn't alone its happening with all the of the car makers.. not to mention they stopped production to make PPE, that was desperately needed. The other factor was the employees had to be safe & not packed in a sardine can to make our car, we want & need them to stay safe & not bring home covid to their families or worse off lose their lives to delivery our rigs!
They didn't have to go silent on us nor should have the dealers! They should be more transparent hands down, this part falls on them !
Yes I want My Bronco ( CO 2d OBX,SAS))-built 07/23 still stuck in production) & at times I get alittle ticked about it not being in my driveway, im not ready to throw in the towel nor will I because she will be home eventually! I've waited these many years. The dealer don't care about us,they'll just sell it to the next gal/guy. Then we will kick ourselves when we see someone driving our bronco that we've built & been waiting this long and we're all feeling it, but others who have their broncos are saying it worth the wait. & most are very pleased!Yes,it takes the fun out of summer plans,but eh... there will be more summers, life is to short!
I buckled up my seatbelt last July,I knew it would be a ride,I didn't anticipate it would be this wild, I rather my baby be delayed instead a fillet!,& everyone safe, the pandemic isn't over!
You do what you feel in your gut, weigh out the pros and cons and what is best for you! Good luck
Honestly, what do you want Ford to be more transparent about? The production delays are numerous and just not related to the hard top. High-rate automobile production is a very complex process with literally thousands of codependacies that affect the quality and manufacturing output speed of the product.

If Ford were transparent to the level that explains every VIN holder's delivery delay, you'd probably not understand the issues, and would be more frustrated, not less. Let the men and women of Ford responsible for delivery of the Bronco do their job to get the process running smoothly. They will solve the issues. It takes time.

Patience is the only card you have to play.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is hard to stay excited- my excitement has been steadily diminishing since I placed my reservation on 7/14 at 6:00 am.

Now reading about delays upon delays- hard tops, now 2.7 engines are run out for 2021. I was thinking I may get it Feb or Mar 2022, now I am thinking probably fall of 2022. I am so glad I do not really need another vehicle, or my current vehicle is on its last legs.

I am also worried about on road performance and whether it will keep up with traffic now. Some say it's pretty zippy with the 10 speed, others say it's pretty slow. And that's with the 2.7.
Keep up with traffic in the 2.7 with the ten speed. I drove a 4DR Wildtrak yesterday and it had no problems keeping up with traffic. I would say it would be the other way around with traffic keeping up with the Bronco. Slow if you drive a Mustang, Camaro or Challenger. It's an almost 5,000lb Off-Road vehicle if you want fast and zippy get something that only weighs 3,500lbs or has 500hp.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree. The fun is out of it. Summer is over. Im scared of the QC issues and the delays are the icing on the cake. Luckily I have a 99'd 2nd day reservation also. Im going to flip the one that was supposed to be built June 6th and now pushed to Aug 23 (prob pushed to Aug 30ths, just waiting on the email). There will be an OW 2 door, BB, 2.7, sig lights, mid, rear locker for sale whenever it gets delivered. Ill make my 22 optioned differently and hopefully with less issues than the 21 will have.
Good job I wish I was as smart as you and ordered 2 I never expected to see people so greatly to over pay for a vehicle. I am glad I have 99 my order too!

Greg Behrens

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Misery loves company and there appears to be plenty of company in recent threads between MIC problems, rogue warning lights, and of course the continued production delays.

As of last night, I am now on the 6th build date change with 8/30 listed as week of production.

Considering we are all paying at or near MSRP, a poster in the mail and $250 in Ford credit is no long sufficient for the cluster F that is Ford right now. A few members of my family work as engineers in the OEM supplier space so I’m well aware of the global supply chain issues. That does not negate Ford’s ability to plan and more importantly communicate.
My biggest concern at this point is taking delivery and having an out of service vehicle waiting on warranty repair.

If Ford doesn’t get their act together (in form of apology and/or incent) I’m going to flip my Bronco, take the $10-15k and run.

I hate to feel this way after the Bronco Off Roadeo but enough is enough.

2.7 BB, MID, MIC, TOW, Shadow Black

Anyone else moving on from this disaster or am I being dramatic?
ok here it goes........ I have been reading all the remarks on here and now its time to remark!!!!! so Ford asked for reservations ok fine, then they delayed ordering ok fine but once they opened the order bank and saw the number of orders and what the orders were why didn't they have ALL materials prior to building the Broncos? why did they decide to start to build and then tell us of the issues? instead they ramp us up to let us down!!!! tomorrow will be a year from my reservation and today is 6 months since I ordered, no peep from ford on my unit.... not really happy at this point

Cencal Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree, lack of communication sucks. I would rather hear bad news than none at all. I think in this entire process I have only received two emails directly related to my reservation.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or am I being dramatic?
Yeah, but I get that way too sometimes.
Been beating this dead horse since 2016.
I'm betting reservations will be valid for 2023 yet, so I will most likely drive my 21 until I fulfill my $2k off invoice special reservation for a 2023.... if they still honor it that far out.
Otherwise, will adjust accordingly.

Sponsored

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seriously considering putting the Bronco for at least a year and getting a 4Runner. I am pissed at the situation. I have heard nothing but crickets from Ford but I did get a poster and sticker in the mail. I am also pissed that there are plenty of Broncos for influencers and mannequins. I ordered a wildtrak and everything on it is delayed it seems. If the timing is right later we'll buy it. If not, I may never buy another Ford product again.

zebraquick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Forte
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am trying to curtail my enthusiasm and monitor social media way less often. I just come here as its less exhausting. The wife told me no way are we cancelling or code 99. I agree as I saw a demo two weeks ago and will be happy when it gets here. I am just going to sit and hold and save up the payment now as if I have it.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can we all come over to your house and shoot machine guns and go for rides in your Ferrari? You know, so we can blow off some of this steam? I will bring copius amounts of refreshments!?!?
I’m pretty sure the proper etiquette when attending an event to drive Ferraris and shoot machine guns actually requires copious amounts of hookers and blow.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, what do you want Ford to be more transparent about? The production delays are numerous and just not related to the hard top. High-rate automobile production is a very complex process with literally thousands of codependacies that affect the quality and manufacturing output speed of the product.

If Ford were transparent to the level that explains every VIN holder's delivery delay, you'd probably not understand the issues, and would be more frustrated, not less. Let the men and women of Ford responsible for delivery of the Bronco do their job to get the process running smoothly. They will solve the issues. It takes time.

Patience is the only card you have to play.
For one they could explain what they're going to do with 7,000+ built vehicles being moved to parking lots for failing QC.

That seems newsworthy, I don't recall any manufacturer doing that before.
Unless they did it and never had any media leaks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.