First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes they are but that still doesn’t excuse Ford for the lack of communication when it comes to when we might be getting our Broncos.
The problem with a lot of companies today is that they have become so automated that customer service and communication is put on the back burner. Goal is to churn out product for the highest margin and keep as much of the “doomsday” news behind the curtain to make investors happy and keep the public on the hook. The interesting part is this has more or less how things have gone for decades, but as the world has become more connected and aware, they expect transparency and up to the minute info, but that is counterintuitive to the shareholder model.
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Misery loves company and there appears to be plenty of company in recent threads between MIC problems, rogue warning lights, and of course the continued production delays.

As of last night, I am now on the 6th build date change with 8/30 listed as week of production.

Considering we are all paying at or near MSRP, a poster in the mail and $250 in Ford credit is no long sufficient for the cluster F that is Ford right now. A few members of my family work as engineers in the OEM supplier space so I’m well aware of the global supply chain issues. That does not negate Ford’s ability to plan and more importantly communicate.
My biggest concern at this point is taking delivery and having an out of service vehicle waiting on warranty repair.

If Ford doesn’t get their act together (in form of apology and/or incent) I’m going to flip my Bronco, take the $10-15k and run.

I hate to feel this way after the Bronco Off Roadeo but enough is enough.

2.7 BB, MID, MIC, TOW, Shadow Black

Anyone else moving on from this disaster or am I being dramatic?
Ford didn’t make you be an early adopter of the new Bronco, you chose that. It’s been gone for 25 years, if you want to bail out this close to the end, that’s on you. If you’re worried about getting a first run Bronco, wait for the 22 or 23 model year. I think the real issue is most people just want it want it want it right now, and think Ford is purposefully holding out on you. Let’s not forget folks that Ford is in the business of selling cars. If they could flip a switch tomorrow and convert all orders to actual builds they would. They want your money just as bad as you want to spend it.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For one they could explain what they're going to do with 7,000+ built vehicles being moved to parking lots for failing QC.

That seems newsworthy, I don't recall any manufacturer doing that before.
Unless they did it and never had any media leaks.
Fake news and even if it were true, that’s internal Ford business; not yours.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Misery loves company and there appears to be plenty of company in recent threads between MIC problems, rogue warning lights, and of course the continued production delays.

As of last night, I am now on the 6th build date change with 8/30 listed as week of production.

Considering we are all paying at or near MSRP, a poster in the mail and $250 in Ford credit is no long sufficient for the cluster F that is Ford right now. A few members of my family work as engineers in the OEM supplier space so I’m well aware of the global supply chain issues. That does not negate Ford’s ability to plan and more importantly communicate.
My biggest concern at this point is taking delivery and having an out of service vehicle waiting on warranty repair.

If Ford doesn’t get their act together (in form of apology and/or incent) I’m going to flip my Bronco, take the $10-15k and run.

I am with your statements 100%, especially with the lack of communication (honest and blunt communication). I am totally frustrated. Not sure where my end game is yet, but options are on the table. FORD....ARE YOU LISTENING???

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just sitting here waiting to hear anything. My reservation is late last year, I know I'm WAY down the list, but I've got time. I do wish I'd have an IDEA of a date, because I'd love to sell my ranger before the price dumps, but here we are.
It is pretty amazing that at this point, they can’t even tell a lot of us if we are going to be a MY21 or 22. I don’t even need to know what quarter, just give me a year! 😂

Sponsored

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ya

23e2di5y0lqvqu5882dupz26pl4l2okfnv98vr23&rid=giphy.gif

via GIPHY

A little dramatic....after all, it's just a car. I too am considering flipping mine and buying another in a few years.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assure you the the juice is worth the squeeze. Drove mine with the top down for first time last night. My wife and i went to dinner in it. I am a used car dealer and ive been offered 20k over for it. I did not sell it. On way home last night my wife said its the simple things that make you happy, we had a great drive back home.
Dang, you must live a pretty lavish life if your wife considers a $50k Bronco simple lol happy you are enjoying the new ride. Patience is a virtue.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly, what do you want Ford to be more transparent about? The production delays are numerous and just not related to the hard top. High-rate automobile production is a very complex process with literally thousands of codependacies that affect the quality and manufacturing output speed of the product.

If Ford were transparent to the level that explains every VIN holder's delivery delay, you'd probably not understand the issues, and would be more frustrated, not less. Let the men and women of Ford responsible for delivery of the Bronco do their job to get the process running smoothly. They will solve the issues. It takes time.

Patience is the only card you have to play.
First - i have to say that I recognize I am lucky to have a VIN and apparently a built truck sitting in a lot somewhere near MAP. For those with earlier reservations and no VIN (I was a 7/18 reserve) I feel for you.

With that said there seems to be a block of builds (mine was a 7/19) that have fallen into a blackhole - and its not the MIC top. I have a soft top 4DR OBX with the 2.7. I do not have Sas nor towing (or any other part that has been cited as possibly being a constraint item) and have seen multiple posts of folks with similar Broncos, but build dates after mine, taking delivery in a week or so from their build dates - and a couple are located not far from where I live (so transport issues are out). A great chart being maintained on the 7/19 build week thread anecdotally reflects this issue.

The lack of any communication from Ford raises a concern (for me at least) that there is a common issue with that block of Broncos. I am not buying they just want to do additional QC because if thats the case you would expect Ford to start with the earlier builds and move forward to get the earlier built trucks moving off the lot. This does not likely involve thousands of built trucks - perhaps a couple hundred - so asking for some transparency around this is not unreasonable when talking about a $40-50K vehicle.

I will not beat up Ford for items largely out of their control - but communicating with your customers is entirely within their control. I do some work in the Communications area and silence only is typically not a good path because it can allow negative info to fill the void.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love hearing people who have build dates bitch about having to wait when the vast majority of order holders have no build date and no clue when to even expect a build date. Then you say you're going to be the scum that sells their bronco marked up on eBay? Sounds like you never liked the bronco that much to begin with #crybaby
Right?! I am kinda salty there are people like this who have ordered a Bronco and I am gonna have to wave to them, because let’s be real, the guys is probably going to keep it? 😑

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have a lot of broncos been flipped for big bucks so far?
The ones I have seen sold on ebay wouldn't turn much profit, maybe a couple thousand at best.
First one of the lot at my dealership was a 4 Dr. Wildtack soft top, guy sold it for 25K profit within 24 hrs.

Sponsored

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Dawg, LaFayette here,(next town over from him), who sold a soft top wild track, they are only mannequins and they cant be sold right now. No such thing as wildtrack soft top for reserve orders right now.

And yes broncos are bringing a premium, i can make a phone call and make a substantial amount right now(BUT IM NOT)

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fact is, you drive by any dealership (Ford or other), the lot is empty. I went to my dealer the other day to see their mannequin that had just come in. Their entire back lot which was normally full was empty. A GMC dealership that I drive by on a daily basis, you would think they were out of business.

If car lots were full and Ford just couldn't produce Broncos I would say its a failed launch. This is a global issue impacting everyone.

TennesseePA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2008 ES350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll tell you what I’m tired of…crybabies! This happens across all manufacturers, don’t believe me go back and read about the launch of the Gladiator. The spray in bed liner contractor very quickly built up a one month backlog. That’s just one easy example. Ford doesn’t owe me or anyone else an apology for anything unless they purposely caused this disaster, and does anyone honestly believe this is a purposeful self inflicted wound? OP, if you are truly done with Ford and the Bronco you will cancel your order and get your $100 back. If you flip it and take the cash you are simply acting like a child and throwing a fit and profiteering of the people who truly are pumped.

That’s my opinion and you have the right to yours. But in my 50+ years on this planet I have seen a whole lot of people who form an opinion and come to the open to try and get justification for their feelings. Do what you want to do but stop asking for my blessing, be Ayala you will get is called out by mature adults b

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll tell you what I’m tired of…crybabies! This happens across all manufacturers, don’t believe me go back and read about the launch of the Gladiator. The spray in bed liner contractor very quickly built up a one month backlog. That’s just one easy example. Ford doesn’t owe me or anyone else an apology for anything unless they purposely caused this disaster, and does anyone honestly believe this is a purposeful self inflicted wound? OP, if you are truly done with Ford and the Bronco you will cancel your order and get your $100 back. If you flip it and take the cash you are simply acting like a child and throwing a fit and profiteering of the people who truly are pumped.

That’s my opinion and you have the right to yours. But in my 50+ years on this planet I have seen a whole lot of people who form an opinion and come to the open to try and get justification for their feelings. Do what you want to do but stop asking for my blessing, be Ayala you will get is called out by mature adults b
Is this really an honest attempt at being a 'mature adult'? Lmao

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We will have to agree to disagree buddy

I don’t claim to know the inter workings of Mother Ford anymore than any other member in here,fu&k the people that run Ford have no clue either because I think we can all agree this process is turning into a giant shit show

u have no clue to when my built bronco will be delivered because the people at Ford don’t have the slightest clue either

This will just be where we differ..
I can guarantee you that when all of us finally get a VIN who haven’t, our build date will be well beyond yours. Even if yours keeps getting pushed, so will everyone else. You are making a good effort in trying to look like you are no farther than non VIN holders but in reality that is literally the next step towards your vehicle, one step closer than us. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.