MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Dawg, LaFayette here,(next town over from him), who sold a soft top wild track, they are only mannequins and they cant be sold right now. No such thing as wildtrack soft top for reserve orders right now.

And yes broncos are bringing a premium, i can make a phone call and make a substantial amount right now(BUT IM NOT)
MTN View In Chattanooga has had at least two customer ordered units delivered as well as their 2 door Badlands hardtop mannequin.

The first customer ordered one off the lot was last week. He did all the paperwork, bought it, drove it home, then sold it to someone at the Porsche/Land rover dealer for 25K more than he paid.
Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

First - i have to say that I recognize I am lucky to have a VIN and apparently a built truck sitting in a lot somewhere near MAP. For those with earlier reservations and no VIN (I was a 7/18 reserve) I feel for you.

With that said there seems to be a block of builds (mine was a 7/19) that have fallen into a blackhole - and its not the MIC top. I have a soft top 4DR OBX with the 2.7. I do not have Sas nor towing (or any other part that has been cited as possibly being a constraint item) and have seen multiple posts of folks with similar Broncos, but build dates after mine, taking delivery in a week or so from their build dates - and a couple are located not far from where I live (so transport issues are out). A great chart being maintained on the 7/19 build week thread anecdotally reflects this issue.

The lack of any communication from Ford raises a concern (for me at least) that there is a common issue with that block of Broncos. I am not buying they just want to do additional QC because if thats the case you would expect Ford to start with the earlier builds and move forward to get the earlier built trucks moving off the lot. This does not likely involve thousands of built trucks - perhaps a couple hundred - so asking for some transparency around this is not unreasonable when talking about a $40-50K vehicle.

I will not beat up Ford for items largely out of their control - but communicating with your customers is entirely within their control. I do some work in the Communications area and silence only is typically not a good path because it can allow negative info to fill the void.
Once again the average price for a new light vehicle is 41k, a 40-50k vehicle isn't some luxury priced vehicle at this point.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First - i have to say that I recognize I am lucky to have a VIN and apparently a built truck sitting in a lot somewhere near MAP. For those with earlier reservations and no VIN (I was a 7/18 reserve) I feel for you.

With that said there seems to be a block of builds (mine was a 7/19) that have fallen into a blackhole - and its not the MIC top. I have a soft top 4DR OBX with the 2.7. I do not have Sas nor towing (or any other part that has been cited as possibly being a constraint item) and have seen multiple posts of folks with similar Broncos, but build dates after mine, taking delivery in a week or so from their build dates - and a couple are located not far from where I live (so transport issues are out). A great chart being maintained on the 7/19 build week thread anecdotally reflects this issue.

The lack of any communication from Ford raises a concern (for me at least) that there is a common issue with that block of Broncos. I am not buying they just want to do additional QC because if thats the case you would expect Ford to start with the earlier builds and move forward to get the earlier built trucks moving off the lot. This does not likely involve thousands of built trucks - perhaps a couple hundred - so asking for some transparency around this is not unreasonable when talking about a $40-50K vehicle.

I will not beat up Ford for items largely out of their control - but communicating with your customers is entirely within their control. I do some work in the Communications area and silence only is typically not a good path because it can allow negative info to fill the void.
I could see your situation being due to the chip issue. Very possible they just needed to get those and then install them. One can hope it’s just that and not some horrible defect.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope no bullshit!
I can’t drive a Vin, I can’t take the top off a VIN, I can’t go camping in MY VIN...

reality is being stuck in the island of misfit toys has me no closer to driving a bronco than a person who puts in a reservation today..

go ask the 6/30 blend group how they like driving their VINs
people think we are the lucky ones but how is it lucky...
Hey man where is your bronco? Don’t have one but fu&k I got a VIn!
Oh cool I’m happy for you your VIN is gorgeous!
😎

hell a person without a reservation if they want to compromise and pay over MSRP can have one quicker than us lucky bastards with these VINs
Your VIN with the top down looks way cooler than my order number with the top down! o_O

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dang, you must live a pretty lavish life if your wife considers a $50k Bronco simple lol happy you are enjoying the new ride. Patience is a virtue.
lol, i didnt mean it that way, just that just a simple drive with top down is very enjoyable. All i do is work, around 62 hours a week, 52 weeks a year.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lol, i didnt mean it that way, just that just a simple drive with top down is very enjoyable. All i do is work, around 62 hours a week, 52 weeks a year.
I respect that, can’t wait to enjoy those simple pleasures as well. Putting in some hours, I hope you enjoy what you do 👍

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford doesn’t get their act together (in form of apology and/or incent) I’m going to flip my Bronco, take the $10-15k and run.

Anyone else moving on from this disaster or am I being dramatic?
Doesn't sound like you are moving on at all. Sounds like you want to screw over Ford somehow by screwing over others. You're gonna keep your res (further delaying others from receiving their Bronco at MSRP) only to take order and sell it for a $10K-$15K markup up (screwing over some buyer). Doing exactly what we all complain about from dealers and others who just want to make a quick buck. If we all start doing this then how are we any different from Ford?

I'm onboard with you in the complaint about communication, but if you want your voice to be heard with Ford, delay to MY22 or stop buying Fords. If not then just keep complaining with the rest of us just while we wait, cause don't sound like you are trying to "move on"

Keep it real, suck it up and wait! I would take 6 changes in my production, at this point I have ZERO updates on my build. So 8/30 sounds like a blessing to me and I would gladly be in your shoes. Head up eyes forward!!!😂

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Love hearing people who have build dates bitch about having to wait when the vast majority of order holders have no build date and no clue when to even expect a build date. Then you say you're going to be the scum that sells their bronco marked up on eBay? Sounds like you never liked the bronco that much to begin with #crybaby

I'm with you about folks with build dates being insensitive to the majority who are just completely in the wilderness.

But "scum that sells their Bronco marked up"?

Can we stop this irrational hatred of flippers? For every "scummy" flipper, there's a buyer who's tickled pink to be getting the car or truck of his dreams.

I've never flipped or scalped anything. But flippers and scalpers serve a purpose and nobody forces anybody to deal with them.

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Misery loves company and there appears to be plenty of company in recent threads between MIC problems, rogue warning lights, and of course the continued production delays.

As of last night, I am now on the 6th build date change with 8/30 listed as week of production.

Considering we are all paying at or near MSRP, a poster in the mail and $250 in Ford credit is no long sufficient for the cluster F that is Ford right now. A few members of my family work as engineers in the OEM supplier space so I’m well aware of the global supply chain issues. That does not negate Ford’s ability to plan and more importantly communicate.
My biggest concern at this point is taking delivery and having an out of service vehicle waiting on warranty repair.

If Ford doesn’t get their act together (in form of apology and/or incent) I’m going to flip my Bronco, take the $10-15k and run.

I hate to feel this way after the Bronco Off Roadeo but enough is enough.

2.7 BB, MID, MIC, TOW, Shadow Black

Apparently Ford is out of touch with their customer base. They should have skipped the posters and sent this instead

EF5AFBBC-35D8-4DF6-93B1-C2D93BA28C3A.jpeg

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I guess I kinda got lucky if you want to look at it that way. After it became apparent that I wasn’t going to have a build date this year, I took control of my circumstances and 99’d my order to MY23.

Some of you know that I bought a Jeep to pass the time, and while I initially wasn’t that hyped about delaying my Bronco order, I am way happier since I went this route.

I’m no longer annoyed by the pointless emails, they are more humorous now than anything else.

I really wanted a MY21, but now I see it really doesn’t matter, and eventually Ford will figure things out. Until then, I have a ride with no top, and windows down, and seem to be cured of my Bronco fever.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just think how the most of us feel ,we dont know when or what year we get ours .

PistolPete

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does it suck that we didnt get the desire timeline that we were expecting? sure. At this point after talking to my dealer and him mentioning I can take a YEAR off my wait as a day 2 reservation holder for replacing a hard top to soft..... I might as well just wait it out, keep saving up and get the vehicle the right way. Maybe by that time Ford will communicate with us and resolve these issues. I want the new rig just as bad as the other thousands of people on this discord. Were all in the same boat and at the end of the day when the time comes itll be well worth it.

God speed.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Misery loves company and there appears to be plenty of company in recent threads between MIC problems, rogue warning lights, and of course the continued production delays.

As of last night, I am now on the 6th build date change with 8/30 listed as week of production.

Considering we are all paying at or near MSRP, a poster in the mail and $250 in Ford credit is no long sufficient for the cluster F that is Ford right now. A few members of my family work as engineers in the OEM supplier space so I’m well aware of the global supply chain issues. That does not negate Ford’s ability to plan and more importantly communicate.
My biggest concern at this point is taking delivery and having an out of service vehicle waiting on warranty repair.

Kidding me? I have an offer in on a car out of Texas as I type.

Waiting until late 22 or 2023.???..F- Ford. Sold my car and been driving my Diesel as a daily driver being strung along by Ford's apologies, stickers and dumb posters. Gotta get a ride.

I'll keep my order (with locked price) and decide what to do 2 years from now.

alnightr

Wildtrak
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

At least you have a build date. Still waiting 🤬
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.